“Great food, good wine!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vino Vino

Vino Vino
Sestiere San Marco, 2007 | Calle della Veste, 30124 Venice, Italy (San Marco)
041 241 76 88
Improve this listing
Ranked #480 of 1,196 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: San Marco
“Great food, good wine!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Food was excellent. Great wine but a bit pricy! We went on NYE 2012. Fast service (a bit too quick cos they tried to get as many customer as possible) ...

• Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Ripped off at Vino Vino”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Venice is one of my favourite cities in the world but I have not visited for several years. People knew i loved coming and would always ask me for suggestions about where to eat and drink. I used to recommend this restaurant as all the gondoliers ate here, it had great character and a fabulous atomosphere, it was a case of coming in and eating what was on the menu - always delicious! Today we went for lunch with my daughter and son in law. It had been spruced up and was empty at 12 midday. As we looked at the menus outside waiters peered at us from the inside - I had bad vibes already. However, seeing as we had decided to meet our daughter here we went inside. Slow service to get water and wine. The waiters were nagging us to have a starter and pushing the main meals even though we made it clear we were there for just a pasta, risotto lunch. The food was ok, just average. However they insisted we pay the bill in CASH. This has meant that we are now short of euros (it is our last day!) and we will have to get expensive cash out from a hole in the wall at extra cost. No indication was given that they did not take cards - they didn't care. We shall not be eating here EVER again!

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Simple small place. Excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Near St.Marco Squere.
Small unpretentious bistro.
It is a vine bar,but they serve very good food.Plenty of choice.
We had the fastest service .Excellent wait staff

• Visited November 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Restaurant Vino Vino”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This restaurant was recommended by our hotel clerk. My husband and I had dinner here and overall we were pleased. The atmosphere was very nice and the service was good. My pasta was delicious. We were surprised to see a nominal service charge added to our bill but I believe this may be common in Venice and it was indicated on the menu, however, we hadn't seen it. Our mistake. Overall pleased.

• Visited November 2012
Colchester, United Kingdom
“A good find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Although I must say it was a recommendation from the barman at our hotel(Kette) round the corner. This osterea appears to be very small, but inside it is like the Tardis. We were made to feel welcome and the service was good. The food was delicious. Salad was plentiful and the pasta perfectly al dente. Fresh strawberries for dessert as we only needed a light finish. Very nice white Pinot Grigio perfectly complemented the meal. As I was a bit under the weather, I could not do justice to the pork escalope, but what I ate I thoroughly enjoyed. On our second visit, I had my appetite back and polished off the lamb fillet from the specials menu and the apple tart. It is not a cheap place to eat, but the quality deserves the prige tag. I hope that others agree with me.

• Visited December 2012