“Worth a visit, great local bar with chichetti” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit, great local bar with chichetti”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Recommended by the guidebook. Quite difficult to find but was fun walking down all the little back streets looking for it and observing the locals. Worth popping on on the way back from the Rialto Market to St Marks. Very small family run bar and restaurant serving cheap chichetti - be warned it is small and there is limited seating (and even standing) room. Worth a visit for a quick local snack whilst walking the sites.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

92% Recommend
“Only ok.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

May be the expectations were to high. It is cheap, but for my taste, the five chichetti that i ate were only ok.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dover, NH
“Fun experience at busy bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

This bar was recommended to us by our tour host, and what a busy place it was! Everyone was very nice, and we really couldn't tell what the choices were, but we just pointed to what we wanted, ordered a couple spritzes, and ate outside. Whatever we ate, it was delicious, and a fun experience.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
“I just love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I think I first heard about All'Arco online from an Italian blogger who was raving about it and justifiably so.
During my week long stay in Venice to study Italian in San Polo last October, this place became my usual lunch stop, even introducing my fellow classmates to it.
I believe it's a family run place and they are all helpful and lovely, speaking perfect English and even helping me with my dodgy (but improving) Italian. I've never tried their cicchetti, although it does look fantastic, but I usually have a freshly made to order panino and a couple of glasses of vino della casa. Two panini and four glasses of wine usually cost €20.
There are obviously many regulars that must come here everyday and the staff know them well, so you do sometimes have to be a little bit "Italian" and just shout your order, but that just all adds to the atmosphere. There are a couple of seats outside, although I usually stay inside, I don't like to miss a thing and enjoy listening to the locals conversations.
Well worth a visit.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Great tasting cicheti at a great price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

A simple place yet excellent cicheti (mostly seafood). Very good value! Would recommend for a quick lunch or early supper near the Rialto bridge.

• Visited April 2014