“Good food... nice location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Alla Fontana

Alla Fontana
Fondamenta di Cannaregio 1102, 30121 Venice, Italy (Cannaregio)
041 71 50 77
Improve this listing
Ranked #373 of 1,193 Restaurants in Venice
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Cannaregio
Singapore, Singapore
“Good food... nice location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Just had dinner there. The little restaurant is located a little off the usual main street but pretty near to the water bus stop. The prices are not the cheapest but the food is not bad. I had the venetian appetiser of the cod fish and the spaghetti with squid ink. Not exactly my first choice of pasta but my choice of pasta with class was not available. The tiramisu is to die for! Really nice. Lastly.. The seating by the Quay side is really romantic. Although the tide seems a little high with the water splashing past the banks... It was a really nice and romantic to sit by the bank and enjoy a good dinner.

Pratovecchio, Italy
“Always good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

We have been to this restaurant regularly for the last 15 years and have never been disappointed. They do not shout their presence and only is noticeable when they put out the tables. Good honest cooking, fresh fish and friendly waitress.
Would recommend

Visited April 2014
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Lovely food served with style.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Great food from a limited menu at a reasonable price in a lovely setting. Enjoyed Monkfish and prawn mains straight from the sea. Will be returning next time. Thank you.

Visited March 2014
Madrid, España
“Simple and cozy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

We had dinner at this cozy restaurant and enjoyed it very much. The waitress was very nice and the food was simple but delicious. We had a small salad to start and followed with a delicious monkfish and porkchops. The wine list was basic but we had a very pleasant white wine. The Price was very reasonable and we left very satisfied. We will definitely go back on our next visit to Venice!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hastings, United Kingdom
“Lovely place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful meal here this week with the squid, prawns and gnocchi of an especially high standard. This is a really nice unpretentious little restaurant and I would recommend it thoroughly.
I didn't think much of the wine list which was very short, local and cheap. If I was going again - and I wish I was - I'd see if they'd let me take my own. Then all would be perfect.

Visited November 2013