“Excellent choice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Antica Trattoria Poste Vecie

Antica Trattoria Poste Vecie
San Polo 1608 | Mercato del pesce di Rialto, Venice, Italy (San Polo)
+39 041 721822
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #303 of 1,197 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: San Polo
Description: Cucina tipica Veneziana,piatti di pesce e discreta selezione di carne e piatti vegetariani.
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Excellent choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

The style is quite classical, and the food is affordable -- especially for the fresh sea bream as the main meal. The mixed raw seafood is also a perfect starter for the ppl who like seafood. Brilliant!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Manchester, United Kingdom
“I wouldn't expect anything other than attentive staff for the rip off prices charged....honestly go else where.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

A last minute decision but we both wanted fish. The staff proves to be attentive it as neither of us were drinking we opted for a soft drink (more on this later). The dressed crab starter was good, the lobster gnocchi ok, the tuna steak had a soggy pistachio crust and the cuttlefish could have easily passed for mushroom, but to be fair I've had both better and worse food. I've never, however had to pay an 800% mark up on a soft drink. We were charged €10 for two cans of lemon soda. I queried the cost when the bill arrived to be told that they were €2 in a supermarket.WHAT AN UTTER LIE. The same drink was purchased from a supermarket today for €0.59. There is absolutely no justification in their pricing policy and therefore DO NOT give them your custom. You have been warned!!

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Florence, Italy
“I am struggling to write this, I want to be nice!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

My mother (GB) has been to this restaurant 2/3 times and loves it. We went together last weekend.

The service was fabulous, cordial, fast, polite - everything was great. But the food was poor. Really poor. And I don't want to be mean, I really wanted to like it. But it was poor. I had a mixed seafood starter, and then we shared a mixed seafood main. Most of it tasted as though it had been prepared a long time ago (hours, days ...?) I can eat anything, I really can eat anything - but there were 2/3 things that I just couldn't get down.

Venice is off the wall crazy expensive (and digging itself into a watery grave - but that's another issue) and we paid Euro 220 for 3 starters, 2 pasta, 3 mains, 2 desserts, 1 bottle of wine and 2 coffees.

The ambience is wonderful, the entrance just off the fish market amazing, the service great. The food was bordering on awful.

Pull it around. You and Venice can be so much more than this ;-)

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Almaty, Kazakhstan
“Good fish place with great ambience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

In our annual visits to Venice we always kept looking for a good fish restaurant and somehow never really succeeded .
In the tourist Mecca such as Venice everything tends to be averege tourist oriented level or direct rip off.
This restaurant is located a bit away of main touristic routes and slightly hidden behind the fish market.
But if you apply a bit of effort and find it you will be rewarded by really fresh fish, romantic ambience and good friendly service. Try it for a change and enjoy something different.