“Good but expensive - Pretentious, Moi!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Riviera

Riviera
Dorsoduro 1473, 30123 Venice, Italy (Dorsoduro)
+39 041 522 7621
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 1,205 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian, Chowder, Continental, Pasta, Wine Bar
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Neighborhood: Dorsoduro
Description: NOT FOR FAST FOODERS!! From Tuesday to Thursday -except holidays or special days- HAPPY LUNCH!! -15%! Please ask to the Waiting Staff before order.
“Good but expensive - Pretentious, Moi!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2015 NEW

We had a lovely meal most of the food was lovely and the wine was good. The service was good and the location is very nice, @ with views over the canal.
However it is expensive and in my view they are not quite as good as they think they are. Expect to pay about 340 euros for 4 people having 3 courses 2 bottles of wine. Add 20 euros per person If you plan to have fresh fish of the day.

GPCremonini, Proprietario at Riviera, responded to this review, 5 days ago
​Hello Sir

I don't think to be what I'm not, and for sure I am simply what I am and -knowing to be not a great one- at every moment I do my best to improve the knowledge of myself and, by the occasion, myself too.

Honestly Sir, it's possible that I don't think nothing at all, probably I don't have enough working neurons but, in return, I do.

​And what I do here with my Collaborators is to search the best Products to purpose in the best way that we are able to do, etc etc.. as I wrote too often on these pages.

I don't care about my person or my personal interest spending 16h a day 6 day a week 11months a year here at Riviera, I do it simply because I enjoy to do something with Others and for the Others but, if I may a confidence, I'm getting a little tired to loose my time answering to fellows that apparently think that the only way to glorify their own ego is to split anonymously all around.

A simply suggestion: writing the title of your review (good but expensive), was not necessary to put your signature on the same line.

It's better to sign at the end, humbly.

GP Cremonini

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, UK
“Great restaurant; one suggestion to improve further....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2015 NEW

My wife & I had a lovely meal here with excellent and attentive service. Lovely location and a wonderful wine selection. The only constructive comment we had was that my wife was given a menu without prices in it for both mains and dessert. We discussed this practice with the owner at the end of our meal. We were informed very politely that showing the prices to the man but not the lady was an Italian custom that the restaurant likes to keep going, and ladies can of course request menus with prices in if they wish. We had no doubt that the owner's intentions were good, and we agree that keeping traditions going is great, but we would love to see a rethink of this particular tradition in the name of equality before our next visit!

• Visited March 2015
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Coppell, Texas
“Wife's 40th Birthday Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2015

Absolutely top-notch in every aspect. Service was impeccable. This was our final night, and dinner, on our Italy trip. Really topped off a wonderful vacation.

• Visited March 2015
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“OMG wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2015

Quite the best meal this year. Turbot cooked in the oven with olives, baby tomatoes and finely sliced potatoes - carefully filleted at the table with the best white wine I have ever had - a Soave Classico Riserva recommended by the knowledgeable staff. Lovely restaurant in a great area with terrific food and superb service - GO !!

Visited March 2015
“good food with great view ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2015

all dishes were fresh and delicious. people in the restaurant were also very kind. they explained the dishes to us very well. since we sat outside, it was windy but the view from our table was excellent!~