“Great service, excellent food!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riviera

Riviera
Dorsoduro 1473 | Zattere - San Basilio, 30123 Venice, Italy (Dorsoduro)
+39 041 522 7621
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 1,192 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Neighborhood: Dorsoduro
Description: NOT FOR FAST FOODERS!!! From July 29th until August 28th Kitchen open from 7PM to 11.00PM Closed on Monday.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
“Great service, excellent food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014 NEW

Service at the Riviera was by far the best we experienced in Venice. The food is beautifully prepared and fresh and excellent. I had the whole branzino which is baked in salt to keep it exceptionally moist but not at all salty. Highly recommend if you don't mind one it being of the most expensive restaurants.

Visited October 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
“a great dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014 NEW

a wonderful place to experience new food sensations from one of the most engaging owners through a really professional front of house staff to excellent chefs. this restaurant is a slighter more refined than most in venice and if you are there for a few days definately one to try.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Haslemere, United Kingdom
“Good food great view great time.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2014 NEW via mobile

what a location ! Overlooking Guidecca with the sun setting in the west...food was very good and service could not be faulted particularly with the enthusiasm of the owner. Thoroughly recommended.

Visited September 2014
Hertford, United Kingdom
“Fabulous 40th birthday meal ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2014

My husband took me to Venice on the Orient Express for my 40th birthday. We booked our table at the Riviera for a Sunday evening at 8pm. We received a very warm welcome from all of the staff and was promptly served drinks and then shortly afterwards our meal. The owner was always in view and ensured we were looked after. You could see the kitchen and the chef's at work which I always think is a great part of the experience. We were shown the choice of fish and we recommend having the sea bass which was baked in salt. This was then filleted in front of us beautifully. The whole atmosphere was great fun, a full restaurant and very attentive staff. You were made to feel very welcome and looked after. The food was devine and worth every penny. As it was my birthday I had "Happy Birthday" written in chocolate on my dessert which was a lovely touch, however the staff left us to enjoy our meal without fuss. Very professional. We received a waiters friend to take away with us as a reminder of the restaurant and can say that we enjoyed using it when we came home to our bottle of wine. Thank you guys for such a great meal and experience. Will definitely be returning!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
York
“Perfect location for a special occasion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014

I was lucky enough to be taken on a surprise trip to Venice by my husband for my 40th birthday at the start of October, and he booked us into the Riviera on the evening of my birthday. I loved it. Sadly it was the one wet day of the week so we couldn't sit outside as he'd intended, but inside was just as nice. The service was impeccable and the food was outstanding. We started the meal with a delicious Bellini, and the waiter came and explained the catch of the day to us (complete with a tray of fresh fish for us to look at-I'm sure they'd been swimming just hours before!) The owner also came to say hello and welcome us to his restaurant which was nice. We didn't have the house speciality of salt baked seabass as my husband isn't a fish fan and it was for 2 people, but it seemed a popular choice with the other diners! The highlight for me was the gnocchi - one of the best pasta dishes I've ever had. I was keeping a close eye on the desserts being taken to other tables, but then they presented me with an absolutely beautiful cake which they'd made for my birthday - it tasted as good as it looked. I can't really comment on the cost as I didn't pay, but I think it was definitely worth splashing out for a special occasion. it was a wonderful evening and I couldn't recommend the Riveria more highly.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere