“A beautiful meal in an exquisite setting” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riviera

Riviera
Dorsoduro 1473 | Zattere - San Basilio, 30123 Venice, Italy (Dorsoduro)
+39 041 522 7621
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 1,192 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Neighborhood: Dorsoduro
Description: NOT FOR FAST FOODERS!!! From July 29th until August 28th Kitchen open from 7PM to 11.00PM Closed on Monday.
Australia
“A beautiful meal in an exquisite setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

We were recommended this restaurant by Simon who sells the best Gelato in Venice, around the corner from Riviera and from our hotel, Ca Pisani's, concierge. We had an absolutely delicious meal. Started with fresh sweet clams grilled and drizzled with olive oil. Following, two of us had fish soup with pastry crust. A flavoursome consommé full of very fresh prawns and fish. Our friend had a raw fish 'saor' with apple. This dish was outstanding. For main course i had a beautifully steamed fillet of fish wrapped in pumpkin flower and the lightest of light zucchini mousse. The other two mains were comparable. Not only is the food outstanding, with the owner taking noticeable pride in his produce, the setting is sooooo beautiful. So close to the water that I wondered if one of the waiters might fall in. I highly recommend this restaurant. But note it is shut on Mondays. Enjoy it!

Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Miami Beach, Florida
“Brilliant!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We held our wedding reception here on May 17th, and it was better than I could have ever imagined! The staff was so attentive to everyone, the food was exceptional (it's a month later and our guests are still talking about it!). The food is gourmet Venetian without being pretentious, and still allowing the ingredients to shine. The wine list is superb, and you can blindly trust GP for an excellent suggestion. I can't praise the staff and management enough- they truly went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect! We can't wait to go back!

GPCremonini, Proprietario at Riviera, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you!!

Have a wonderful life and...congartulations for your shoes!!!
Cape Coral, Florida
“Romantic Dinner for US, but do NOT pass the salt.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Riveria sits just across the Cannale della Giudecca from the Hilton. There are several along this stretch near Zattere. Read some great reviews and emailed them for a reservation. We received an email back that they were full. So asked our Concierge to call and "walla" we have a reservation. We arrived at 8:20 for our 8:30 reservation. They tell us that our reservation was for 8 not 8:30 and they've given our table away. After a very brief argument, they relented and would give us a table. In the meantime, while we waited they gifted us a glass of Muscato. The waiter was very friendly and explained all the menus for us including the specials. I started with a version of Tuna tataki and my main was lamb chops. My partner had the scallops prepared as ~28 baby scallops followed by the gnocchi in a pesto vegetable sauce. Our meal were excellent. One of their specialties is a salt baked fish. The fish is completely encrusted in salt and baked, the salt holding in the moisture. Then the waiter/waitress beats the salt with a spoon to break it up and lifts it off to reveal a well cooked fish, that will not taste over salted or so they tell us. Anyway, I felt the wait staff was more than a bit pretentious. The owner makes a token stop-by to see if everyone is enjoying themselves but really doesn't engage. There is wifi there but only for the staff. On the plus side; We had a beautiful view of the canal and the boats. Still, I would recommend it based on the atmosphere and excellent food. They deserve the good reputation they've built but maybe they could add a bit of humility to their act.

• Visited June 2013
Paris, France
“delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I saw this restaurant on tripadvisor and I don't regret my choice. They have the best pasta and ravioli that i have never eaten. Just an unforgettable moment. I really recommend this place - you won't disappointed!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Singapore
“fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I am so glad I found out about Riviera on tripadvisor. It is an excellent restaurant. In a city where everything is expensive, what you pay for the quality of the food and wine here, the fantastic view and great service, makes Riviera great value for money. Our dinner there ended up being the most memorable part of our stay in Venice. I could not recommend this restaurant more.