“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riviera

Riviera
Dorsoduro 1473 | Zattere - San Basilio, 30123 Venice, Italy (Dorsoduro)
+39 041 522 7621
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 1,192 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Neighborhood: Dorsoduro
Description: NOT FOR FAST FOODERS!!! From July 29th until August 28th Kitchen open from 7PM to 11.00PM Closed on Monday.
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

I was lucky to be treated by my parents to a wonderful meal here. Service was attentive but never annoying, the food was superb and the wine we were recommended was a perfect complement to our food. Portion size was just right, in fact we shared two of the raw fish starters between three of us. It is top end price-wise but matches the quality of food, friendly service and wonderful location. I'd go again happily!

Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hamburg, Germany
“Great Dinner ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We have been here at our first evening in Venice due to Tripadvisor recommendation.
It was very worth it even at a special evening for us.
The patron was very kind, helpful and supportive to make the best choice. After it the meal, wine and also the atmosphere were very, very appropriate. Please calculate 20-30eur per course (specialities may be bit more) but it is worth the effort. Don't miss it.

St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Fabulous meal relaxing by the water”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband and I were having a lovely 2 day break in Venice away from it all, and we had a delicious meal here sitting in warm sunshine. Really tasty courses, with unusual combinations, I had Duck and Lavender with my Pasta dish, really lovely. The Scallop starter was gorgeous. My husband had a wonderful tasting plate of 8 different fishes for his starter, all with delicious flavoured toppings/oils. My dessert plate was wonderful, a plate with about 8 different mini desserts, great for those of us who dither over deciding which dessert to have - try them all! They were all scrumptious! The main courses were lovely too, I had veal liver, my husband had lamb, both beautifully cooked and served. Great attention by the staff and good advice given about the wine choice. DO book to go here, it was first class, expensive, but worth it for special treat.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fish experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We were in Venice for 2 days for my girlfriend's 30th birthday. Looking for a restaurant to take her out, I am very happy I choose Riviera. Situated in a quiet promenade of Venice, overlooking the canal. If the weather allows, dinning outside is must! We had dinner indoors, and it was also very cosy! Nice, simple and classy decor. Good distance in-between tables, gives you some privacy.
The menu is fish dominated. And they make it good! Yes its expensive, but I can see why! You don’t pay for Venice. You actually pay for the combination of good quality ingredients, cooked 'la perfection', and professional service!
As there are no prices at the on line menu of the restaurant I bet most people would wonder how expensive actually is. Well, you can eat from 120€ for a three course meal and a glass of wine for two people. If you want to try the specials (i.e. whole fish baked in salt), maybe you need about 200€ for two. I can’t help mentioning the desserts are to die for. We had Tiramisu and crème brule(the best I ever had, and I consider myself a fun of both).
The other big plus was that the owner comes round and makes sure you are happy. He also replied to my emails, and he put an effort to satisfy my request about my girlfriend's birthday.
Overall, if you are not on a budget, go there and have fish. You will love it

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston
“How could fish be so good?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

A member of Save Venice had recommended this restaurant - what a recommendation! I had reserved via email before leaving the US and that worked well. The owner was our waiter - the only waiter - and he had a wonderful spiel as he showed us the fish available that evening. He recommended having it bake in salt, a great recommendation. Wonderful fish! We also followed his recommendation on the wine and had a fine meal.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere