“Great Dinner ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riviera

Riviera
Dorsoduro 1473 | Zattere - San Basilio, 30123 Venice, Italy (Dorsoduro)
+39 041 522 7621
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 1,203 restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Neighborhood: Dorsoduro
Description: NOT FOR FAST FOODERS!!! Kitchen open from 12.30AM to 3.00PM and from 7PM to 10.30PMClosed on Monday.
Hamburg, Germany
“Great Dinner ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We have been here at our first evening in Venice due to Tripadvisor recommendation.
It was very worth it even at a special evening for us.
The patron was very kind, helpful and supportive to make the best choice. After it the meal, wine and also the atmosphere were very, very appropriate. Please calculate 20-30eur per course (specialities may be bit more) but it is worth the effort. Don't miss it.

91% Recommend
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Fabulous meal relaxing by the water”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband and I were having a lovely 2 day break in Venice away from it all, and we had a delicious meal here sitting in warm sunshine. Really tasty courses, with unusual combinations, I had Duck and Lavender with my Pasta dish, really lovely. The Scallop starter was gorgeous. My husband had a wonderful tasting plate of 8 different fishes for his starter, all with delicious flavoured toppings/oils. My dessert plate was wonderful, a plate with about 8 different mini desserts, great for those of us who dither over deciding which dessert to have - try them all! They were all scrumptious! The main courses were lovely too, I had veal liver, my husband had lamb, both beautifully cooked and served. Great attention by the staff and good advice given about the wine choice. DO book to go here, it was first class, expensive, but worth it for special treat.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fish experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We were in Venice for 2 days for my girlfriend's 30th birthday. Looking for a restaurant to take her out, I am very happy I choose Riviera. Situated in a quiet promenade of Venice, overlooking the canal. If the weather allows, dinning outside is must! We had dinner indoors, and it was also very cosy! Nice, simple and classy decor. Good distance in-between tables, gives you some privacy.
The menu is fish dominated. And they make it good! Yes its expensive, but I can see why! You don’t pay for Venice. You actually pay for the combination of good quality ingredients, cooked 'la perfection', and professional service!
As there are no prices at the on line menu of the restaurant I bet most people would wonder how expensive actually is. Well, you can eat from 120€ for a three course meal and a glass of wine for two people. If you want to try the specials (i.e. whole fish baked in salt), maybe you need about 200€ for two. I can’t help mentioning the desserts are to die for. We had Tiramisu and crème brule(the best I ever had, and I consider myself a fun of both).
The other big plus was that the owner comes round and makes sure you are happy. He also replied to my emails, and he put an effort to satisfy my request about my girlfriend's birthday.
Overall, if you are not on a budget, go there and have fish. You will love it

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Richmond, Virginia, United States
“Modern, Venetian Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We made reservations based off a travel book suggestion and it's close proximity to our hotel. Located in the Dorsoduro district of Venice, the restaurant has great views if you were to sit outside. If the weather doesn't permit, like the day we were there, the inside is a blended mix of modern and old world charm. The menu is heavy on fish and seafood and should definitely be experienced. We ordered scallops as an antipasti and they were non-traditional in the fact that they were smaller and from the Adriatic Sea, and they were delicious. The real inventive course was desert. I saw "Movie and Popcorn" as a title and decided I had to try it. Three scoops of popcorn flavored gelato (way better than it sounds) between crunchy pastry sheets with a side of frozen coca-cola...genius and quite possibly the most interesting dessert I've ever had.

The service was amazingly attentive and knowledgeable. Our server helped us pick out the perfect wine for our meal and even gave us a nice wine bottle opener at the end of our meal to help us remember our experience.

The owner stopped by every table in the dining room as well and spent a fair amount of time talking with us. We were very pleased with this restaurant choice.

Boston
“How could fish be so good?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

A member of Save Venice had recommended this restaurant - what a recommendation! I had reserved via email before leaving the US and that worked well. The owner was our waiter - the only waiter - and he had a wonderful spiel as he showed us the fish available that evening. He recommended having it bake in salt, a great recommendation. Wonderful fish! We also followed his recommendation on the wine and had a fine meal.