“One of the best meals we had in Venice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riviera

Riviera
Dorsoduro 1473, 30123 Venice, Italy (Dorsoduro)
+39 041 522 7621
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 1,206 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian, Chowder, Continental, Pasta, Wine Bar
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Neighborhood: Dorsoduro
Description: NOT FOR FAST FOODERS!! From Tuesday to Thursday -except holidays or special days- HAPPY LUNCH!! -15%! Please ask to the Waiting Staff before order.
Tel Aviv, Israel
“One of the best meals we had in Venice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We arrived early and it was almost empty, by the time we left it was full. The food was very good, not abundant but really enjoyed it, even when we took some risks at ordering the waiter's recommendations.
All fresh ingredients, really tasty. We will definitely come back

• Visited December 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Savannah, Georgia
“Food was unique and a culinary delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I found Riviera on Trip Advisor and was eager to try it because it was close to our apartment and overall great reviews. My suggestion is try it and go with the Chefs specials of the evening however I am sure everything is great there.
Wine selection was good and suggestions were helpful. We had raw seafood tasting that was some of the freshest fish we have ever had. My husband is a Chef and not often impressed, he enjoyed this immensely. It was creative, beautiful and tasted just as wonderful as it looked. For Entre I had the grilled squid because I was eager to see what they would do. It was a lot to eat but (enough for two) but simple and tasty. It was a quiet evening in November but the service was wonderful and food outstanding. You will spend some money but is well worth it. I am sure when weather allows it is amazing to sit out on the board walk. It is easy to get to by water bus or taxi if you are not staying in the area.
We will be back!!!!

• Visited November 2012
Machelen, Belgium
“perfect restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This restaurant has fantastic food. The waiters are passionate about making you feel at home. The service is honest - when naming the suggestions the price was also given. The raw fish dish was inventive and very well made. The front room has an intimate setting with a live harpist playing atmospheric background music.To sum up, the perfect place to eat great Venetian food in the winter.

Visited December 2012
London, United Kingdom
“A delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I ate at this lovely restaurant with our three adult children, it was without doubt one of the best meals that we've ever had.
The staff are excellent and clearly passionate about what they do. My husband selected a bottle of wine to accompany our fish, the Patron came back with the same type of wine just a different grower which he thought would better compliment the flavours, it was a few euros more, but he was so keen that we should have it that he sold at the lower price! How often does that happen?
We had various starters, all of them beautifully presented and delicious, then went on to have sea bass baked in a salt crust. Wow! The flavours were so delicate, the accompanying vegetables were simple and well prepared. For desert I tried a carrot and ginger sorbet, it was beautiful and very wittingly presented. Needless to say I was forced to share it!
All in all a real treat. I go to so many restaurants and leave feeling that I could have done a better job at home in my own kitchen, this was very definitely not the case here. We most definitely will place this as our first port of call when we return.

Stirling, United Kingdom
“Not only the best meal we had in Venice - best meal we had in 2012”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

This restauarant is an absolute must visit in Venice. We booked a last minute trip to Venice for Christmas and at 5pm on Christmas Day had not decided where to have our dinner that night. I was seraching the internet from my hotel for restauarants there were open and that appeared to have good reviews on TA. Riviera stood out as a possibility so I emailed them to enquire if they were open and whether I could reserve a table for 2. Minutes later the response came back "Hello Sir Yes we are open Please can you tell us at what time you'll like to have your dinner? Thank you! GP Cremonini" I booked a table for 7:30 and my wife and I had undoubtedly the best meal we have had in Venice and I would go as far as to say the best meal we had on holiday anywhere. We both had the marinated fish to start, seabass ravioli, baked turbot and my wife finished with Tiramisu whereas I had cheese (the same cheese at 6 different stages of maturity). I could not fault the meal and the service was without any doubt the most enjoyable we have had anywhere ever. GP is so passionate about his food and is happy to share that with you _ I would encourage any diners to ask questions and engage with him and that way your dining experience will be enriched even more. Riviera may be a little off the beaten track but that is part of its attraction in a city that can at times be very busy. Easiest way to find Riviera is to look for Hilton Hotel Venice on a map and Riviera is exactly across the water from Hilton. It took me 10 minutes to walk from my hotel (Saturnia on Calle Larga XXII Marzo) and would therefore take just over 15 minutes to walk from St Mark's Square. This is the first time I have felt compelled to put a review on Trip Advisor but the whole experience was so good I would like others not to miss out on this place when in Venice. As for price it is not the least expensive I have eaten in but I did not spend as much on food for me as I do on food (fuel) for my car. All too often people complain about the more expensive restaurants but really why would we spend more refuelling our cars than we do refuelling ourselves. If you can afford to regularly fill your car with fuel, your body deserves a treat - refuel it in Venice at Riviera!

• Visited December 2012