“Our Special Place of Calm” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #72 of 382 hotels in Venice
GreenLeadersSilver level
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Our Special Place of Calm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

This was our 4th trip to Venice and 3rd stay at Sant Elena. The staff are very polite and helpful as always. Room overlooked the garden as per our previous stays and was clean, tidy and comfortable.
The breakfast is outstanding and sets you up for the day.
We will always stay here as it is so peaceful and a very comfortable stay.
Well done to Sant Elena and all the staff you passed with honours again and we will be back.

Room Tip: Always ask for a garden view and be woken by the Italian national anthem at the military base behind...

993 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Arabic first
Todmorden, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband booked a surprise holiday to Venice after he proposed to me. Yes, I'm a very lucky lady. We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and stayed in the penthouse. It is a gorgeous hotel (you must look at my photos) and the service is just fantastic.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Aarschot, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We've visited this hotel during carnevale in Venice.
Not in the center of town but very easy to reach by vaporeto (3-4 stops to San Marco) in 10-15 minutes and about 40 minutes walk.
Very quiet enviroment close by the very busy center.
The people and staff were very friendly and the rooms are quiet spacious and very clean.
The hotel has a very good restaurant if you want to stay there in the evening and breakfast very good.
All considered a very good price/quality hotel.

Libertyville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I have stayed here twice now and would recommend it. It is clean, modern, and comfortable. Having breakfast included with a fresh cappuccino makes a great start to the morning. Our room was very clean with a wonderful view of the courtyard. It is a short walking distance to catch a vaporetto. This location offers the quieter side of Venice, which is a nice treat during the carnivale season.
I will return for another stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Liège
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This was not my first stay in Venice at all - far from it. But it was my first stay in that hotel.

Arrived there and checked in in the early pm. It went smoothly and the member of staff in charge at that time was very friendly and helpful indeed. I had access to my room directly.

My single room on the first floor of the hotel was very nice indeed. It could have been a bit larger but is very good value for money. The (separate) bathroom is OK and you get lots of luxury beauty products on a daily basis. The pieces of furniture are very modern and quite posh. There is a minibar, which can be very convenient. There is also a safe, which I didn't use but which is worth mentioning. The TV was OK and I could even follow the news from home in French via TV5.

The place id very peaceful indeed. Going to Piazza San Marco on foot took me between 15 and 20 minutes, which is not that much. I decided to walk the distance every day (my stay was seven days) since there is a lot to see just walking on the streets. But with the local vaporetto, I think San Marco Square is just four stops away. The localion is undoubtedly an asset - very close to the city centre without the noise day and night.

Breakfast was included and it was very large indeed - American breakfast, English breakfast or Italian breakfast are possible. Very good value for money. Lots of typical Italian cakes for example, which all tasted wonderfully. Breakfast can be taken from 7 to 11. The breakfast room is pretty large - and a bit impersonal.

You get the international press (Herald Tribune) for free daily, which is always nice. I didn' t have my computer with me so I couldn't test the WIFI. But I could use a computer in the lobby for as long as I liked 24 hours a day.

The atmosphere there must be very nice in the Summer too - just a few minutes walk to the Biennale. My stay took place during the Carnival week and I am glad I didn't stay in the centre but a little bit in the outskirts of tha great City. I would recommand the place and would probably go there on a future trip to Venice...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We have stayed already 9 times in the Sant Elena hotel and we highly recommend it. It really starts to feel as our second home, as we don't even have to mention our names anymore at the check in ;-). The staff is very helpful (also at your first stay) and friendly. Rooms are clean and comfortable and breakfast has a lot of variety (fresh fruit, eggs, bacon, cheese, lots of cakes, ...). There now also seems to be - free - wifi in the rooms (although I'm not sure if that's in all the rooms or if we were lucky that we were close to the router). We usually have dinner in the city center or in one of the 2 restaurants closeby (mainly locals, no tourists), but have now finally tried the hotel restaurant and we liked it a lot. The pasta was excellent and the main dishes were also very good. We'll certainly eat there again in the future.

The hotel is in a quiet area of Venice, so you are away of all the crowds of tourists. We always walk everywhere in Venice and almost never take a vaporetto, so the walk to the hotel from the center doesn't bother us (it's approx 20-30 minutes next to canal grande). However, if you're tired or don't like to walk too much, you can easily take the vaporetto. It is only a few stops from the hotel to San Marco. If you plan to go to the Bienale, than the hotel is perfectly located as it is next to Giardini.

Worcestershire, GB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Once again - Five Stars for this Four Star Hotel.

Our SEVENTH year at the Hotel Sant’Elena was just as enjoyable as our previous six consecutive years there. Once again, we upgraded to a Junior Suite at very reasonable cost and enjoyed our 7-night stay even more. Exceptionally good value and service as always.

We enjoyed all of the same things we enjoyed during our previous 6 trips - the food is fine and plentiful, the rooms very comfortable and beautifully air conditioned, the beds and bed linen are superb, the cleanliness is impeccable, and, being in the only green area of the island, it's fresh, clean and very peaceful. A former convent, the hotel has a large enclosed lawned garden which is ideal for peaceful relaxation, sunbathing and breakfast.

The hotel is literally only 200 metres from the vaporetto (waterbus) stop on the edge of the Venice lagoon – absolutely ideal when arriving and departing. You’ll see plenty of distressed travellers during your visit trying to cope with lugging their heavy baggage around for an hour or two on foot at the start and end of their holiday in the heat of the mid-day sun....

The vaporetto runs every ten minutes, and will take you to St. Mark's Square in just 10 minutes (*don't forget to buy your multi-day pass for the vaporetto at the airport on arrival - unlimited walk on / walk off trips. A great way to end the day is to go to the vaporetto terminal and enjoy a 40-minute vaporetto trip the whole length of the Grand Canal*). Or, if you feel like stretching your legs, St. Mark's is only a 20 minute leisurely stroll away along the lagoon edge, passing the Bienniale Gardens and the Arsenale / Maritime Museum (both extremely worthwhile attractions) – a beautiful stroll at sunset. In the opposite direction, the vaporetto will take you from Sant’Elena to the Lido in just one stop for a day lounging on the beach.

We are seasoned travellers (I'm an artist / photographer) and we’re quite demanding when it comes to service and value for money. We also believe that good service should be rewarded by recommendation, and a number of our friends have taken our advice and stayed at the Sant'Elena. All have been delighted that the hotel was as good as we said it would be. Great hotel, great location, great service and very good value.

We saw a mosquito there in 2007 – the only bad thing we can say about this hotel.

We’ll be there again in 2013 for our 8th. stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Premier Hotel Sant' Elena? Share your experiences!