“Delicious Gelato, worth fantasising about.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gelato Fantasy

Gelato Fantasy
Calle dei Fabbri, 929, 30124 Venice, Italy (San Marco)
041 5225993
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 1,205 restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Ice Cream
Neighborhood: San Marco
Neighborhood: San Marco
Milan, Italy
“Delicious Gelato, worth fantasising about.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Stumbled upon this gelateria while lost in Venice's streets while trying to make my way to a more famous gelateria elsewhere. After overhearing some excited exclamations from a group of recent customers, I decided to give the gelato a shot despite its cheesy name and deceptively simple storefront.

That decision was one of the best I made in Venice. The gelato was creamy and each scoop provided a substantial flavour experience. Prices are typical, 2.50 euro for the smallest in either a cone or cup, with two flavours, 3.50 for three flavours and so on. You can even get a styrofoam tray with even more flavours if you're greedy or are eating as a group.

The chocolate fondante (cioccolata fondante) was extremely rich and decadent, on par with those in Milanese gelaterias I'd tried recently. Cream Caramel reminded me of breakfast waffles with the same toppings, but in gelato form. The last, and best, flavour I had was the Venetian Cream, or Crema di Dogi. It's beyond description, but it blew my mind.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

89% Recommend
Bellevue, Washington, United States
“Gelato Fantasy not a fantasy ;-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Delicious gelato and friendly, fast service!
I was also hoping that the owner of Gelato Fantasy could put me in touch with Melissa, who helped us with the apartment we rented. Due to computer difficulties, I have lost all her contact info and this was the only way I could think of to reach her. The apartment was so lovely, clean and bright, and I had told her that I wanted to write a nice review. Here it is 2 months later, and I've not written the review. Any assistance you could provide would be appreciated.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Austin, Texas
“Best Gelato in Venice?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Granted, we didn't try every gelato place in Venice, but we definitely hit our fair share. We visited this place somewhere in the middle of our trip, and it was better than all before and all after (including the ones we'd heard we HAD to try). It's very close to San Marco Square, but not overly priced. Try the super dark chocolate, the doge cream, or the pistachio. Each was excellent, and served up in huge portions.

Visited October 2012
grand rapids, michigan
“excellent dark chocolate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Oh this gelato was really good. The dark chocolate with cherry and a dollop of meringue. We had gelato throughout Italy and this was one of the best.

Visited October 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Gelato”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

If like me you like Gelato this is a must. Walking past this place I thought it must be good by the number of people waiting to be served.Came back later and was proved so right.

• Visited August 2012