“Cosy corner out of the turistic areas” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Osteria da Pampo

Osteria da Pampo
Calle Generale Antonio Chinotto 24, 30132 Venice, Italy (Castello)
+39 041 5208419
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Castello
Milan
“Cosy corner out of the turistic areas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Nice restaurant and good (local) food. Osteria da Pampo is located in Sant Elena close to la Biennale a touch outside the main touristic areas... a good reason to try.
The restaurant is cosy, small inside with the outside area (only in the summer I believe) in a charateristic square. To try the Baccala' Mantecato and the Fish Lasagna.
Not expensive, nice familiar feeling.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Convenience factor!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

This is one of the very few restaurants located on Sant Elena Island. The quality of food and price is reasonable. The waitress didnt speak English but was able to take down the order from the dishes listed on multi-lingual menu.

Visited July 2012
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Ok food and service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

We were sidelined a little on our stay and had a very long wait for food, which to be honest was no more than average. Service was ok, but we weren't really made to feel welcome. We wouldn't go again.

Visited June 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Best lasagne ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

When I was in Italy I went through Rome, Venice and Florence. While I was in Venice I went to search for food that would maybe be closer to a true Italian experience. On my search I found osteria al pompo. It was there that I had the best lasagne I have ever had. No matter where I was (in Italy) I could not find a better dish of lasagne.

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“A welcome surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

We were not staying near here but went for a walk along the waterfront, ended up in the gardens and then wandered around the neighborhood. We hadn't planned well for lunch and happened across this osteria. It was packed with local workers in small and large groups who appeared to come here regularly for lunch s they all knew each other and the owners. There was little English spoken but they were very friendly and we were able to make do with our limited Italian. Two of us had the fish soup which had a good combination of fish and seafood with wonderful flavor. The other two had spaghetti with seafood which they reported as very tasty. There was an assortment of bread and bread sticks offered with the meal. All very good. Prices were reasonable with the soup and the pasta at around 8-10 euros. After fighting the holiday week crowds in the main part of Venice it was great to wander streets which were not filled with tourists and eat at a cafe with locals. According to other reviews it has more tourists at night but at lunch time it is the place for local workers. It was a bit cool outside so we were happy to sit inside where it was very cosy but I am sure it would be pleasant sitting outside in warmer weather. We really enjoyed the meal here.

• Visited December 2011