“Ranking Not Justified In My Opinion” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #105 of 1,193 Restaurants in Venice
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Goshen, New York
“Ranking Not Justified In My Opinion”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2014

I chose this restaurant based on the reviews and the Trip Advisor restaurant ranking. In my two week trip to Italy, this was my only disappointment. Da Bruno appears to cater to large tourist groups. Shortly after checking into my hotel, my wife and I went looking for Da Bruno as we had a reservation for that evening. At lunch time, there were large tourist groups in there. Tables set up for twenty or more people. That evening, was the same. One large group left while we were there, and another came in. The entrance is where diners sat that walked in off the street. The food was very average. I will say, our waiter was very friendly. We had the house wine which was the worst I had during my two weeks. I can't believe all the good reviews unless they were made by people from the large tour groups. The reviews on Trip Advisor steered me wrong on this one.

• Visited October 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Atlanta, Georgia
“Welcome Back, My Friend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2014

We have enjoyed da Bruno for most of thirteen years, but it had a rough couple of years recently when we could not recommend it. It is now under new management, and I am very pleased to say that it once again a wonderful place to go. Chef Vittorio is still there, but almost everything else has changed since last year. The look is classic, the staff friendly and efficient, but most important, the food is wonderful: fresh ingredients, well prepared, and professionally served. I can once again recommend this to anyone who wants a delightful meal in a city crowded with mediocre restaurants. The prices are comparable to most good restaurants, and the set menu at 20 euros for three courses is a bargain indeed. We are very happy to have da Bruno back!

• Visited September 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Romina M, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Ristorante Da Bruno, responded to this review, October 2, 2014
Thank you so much, my friend for your kind comments following your recent stay at the Restaurant Da Bruno. We really appreciate your nice words about the new management. We are very happy to know that was able to satisfy all your needs. This job requires a great passion, patience & dedication and comments like yours give us an even bigger push to do better and better.
Hoping to see you soon for a new dinner in Venice, we extend our kindest regards.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Romantic dinner with my wife...!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2014

This ristorante was recommended by the concierge at our Aqua Palace Hotel, just a short walk away. The wine was very good, but you never fail with a Barolo...the dinner was excellent specialy the risotto...and the desert was a chocolate delicate...!!!!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
I was absolutely delighted to read your thoughts on your recent stay at The Restaurant Da Bruno. I was really glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and the service you received. I have passed on your kind words to the rest of the team. Many thanks for taking the time to write your review and we hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future for an other Romantic dinner.
Kind regards from Venice!
“da Bruno”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I spent 3 months travelling around Europe and I must say da Bruno offered amongst the best food for and value for money. Highly recommend the day set menu. Fabulous!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Romina M, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Ristorante Da Bruno, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
We were so happy to read your kind words following your stay with us at the Restaurant Da Bruno We were so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and the service your received and we are so proud to know that we are for you the Best place where you eat in your europian tour! I have passed on your kind words to our brilliant team and we hope you will come back to stay with us soon.
Best wishes from Venice!
Denver, Colorado
“A Real Value in Venice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

This restaurant is, I believe, associated with the Hotel Da Bruno in Venice which is on the other side of the walkway. It is tucked down a small walkway just a few yards off of the main walkway that leads from the Rialto Bridge to San Marco Square. It really is worth walking past the restaurants on the busy street and to look for this place. We went for dinner early one evening and were the first patrons there. What attacted me to this restaurant is that it had a nice, clean, home-like appearance. But most of all, they had a daily menu that presents a real value in such an expensive city. You had a choice of fish or meat. I chose meat. You get an antipasto, pasta course, meat course, dessert, water, bread, and a glass of house wine all for 20 euro. Most other places will not include wine. The food was very good and the service was attentive and friendly. Our waiter responded happily to my attempts to speak Italian, and he was very helpful by making suggestions to improve my grammer - all in a friendly way such as a true teacher would do. Very nice - I wish that I could remember his name. We did not walk away hungry - portions were perfect. Later, there was a man playing music in the other room with a larger party of people, so we got some free entertainment.

Overall, I recommend this restaurant for exceptional value, excellent service, great-tasting food, and friendliness. It is well worth the hunt to look down the side street instead of being lured into another restaurant on the main pedestrian walkway.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your kind words following your dinner at Restaurant Da Bruno. We were so glad to read that we met your expectations and you found our service, dishes and the general ambience of the restaurant to your liking. Please do come and visit us again soon.
Our kindest regards from Venice.