“avoid!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Aciugheta

Aciugheta
Castello 4509, Venice, Italy (Castello)
041-522-492
Neighborhood: Castello
Venice, Italy
“avoid!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Surly waiters, rather unhelpful and disinterested in serving us and our needs. No apologies for an understood and written "well done" steak being served rare, surly attention to this - just put the whole dish under a heater for a while. The steak ended up dry and medium done, the accompanying vegetables were left on the plate and so were overdone and very dry. Waiter apology to this was nil, and very uncaring. Another plate of food was served cool, and the individuals' meals were delivered out of synchrony. We noted many other meals were being taken back to the kitchen. The restaurant was not over-busy and appeared to have plenty of staff. Avoid it!!

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

34% Recommend
Manchester, U.K
“Rude waitress at the end ruined the experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We had dinner here on our first night in Venice. We went for the set dinner meal as it look nice. I had the fried calamari and my partner had the pork cutlet. My tomato spaghetti was tasty but calamari was only ok. We sat outside the restaurant and there was not much to see in the square apart from some cheap stalls selling souvenirs. Service was slow. The waitress with glasses was ok but the young lady who processed my bill was so rude. Perhaps someone should remind them that without customers they will have no job to go to !! It took like 10 minutes for them to process the bill after I handed my credit card to them - wasn’t impressed! I shall not recommend anyone to come here as there are thousands of restaurants to go in Venezia!

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Best coffee in Venice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

It's the best coffee in Venice. We love going there. We go there 30 or so days a year. Have patience !

Visited September 2012
Beirut, Lebanon
“Average Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We went with my wife to a dinner at Aciugheta.

the restaurant is nice and serves good food. I ordered one grilled fish and it arrived half fish (half portion) the taste was good but it was very poor portion. my wife ordered a " fritto misto "and it was ok. They don't serve house wine so you have to choose one bottle from the wine menu.

Mistakes from the staff were made but not that big deal.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Awful - avoid!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

We went here in our first night in Venice and we left very disappointed and even slightly annoyed. We weren't that hungry so wanted to opt for the set menu between the two of us only to be told that this was not allowed. I then ordered the mussels in tomato sauce which was cold when it arrived. I complained and the lack luster waiter seemed confused as to my issue. The food was taken away and shortly brought back obviously having just been put in the microwave! To top it off half the shells were empty. Overall the service and food were poor and overpriced. Also there was a service charge of 12% included in the bill (it was suggested that we leave more by the waiter!)