“very poor value for money” 1 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“very poor value for money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I have good memories of eating here previously and when I finally visited with my wife I was looking forwards to showing her my favourite restaurant. I was worried when I walked in as all the old paintings had been removed from the walls and replaced with modern art. That should have warned me as to the food all cost and no taste.

The antipasti was 3 scallops, one overcooked and rubbery the other 2 having no colour but at least cooked. Primo piatti was messed up by the waiter giving my dish to my wife initially and partially due to our fault we didn't even realise but again that probably is reflective of the overall blandness. Second piatti - both ordered flambe style and in fairness my wife's steak (cooked first) was perfect, I then had to wait for my fish to be cooked - no taste and raw/cold in the middle - so I sent it back. By now my wife had finished hers , after 10 minutes a fresh version of mine arrived but it was little better. The waiter explained to me that other people liked it that way (grey and not flaking easily) - I paid the bill, no offer of reduction or apology. I left having paid €149.00 for a meal that wasn't worth €49:00 - positives, a good bottle of prosecco at only €15:00.

In short don't visit unless you want to pay gourmet prices for below average food - I won't be back & wished I had listened to a colleague who recommended VaPenserio near the fish market, I know where I will be going next time!

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Leeds, United Kingdom
“super lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

4 of us had the tourist menu 2 meat and 2 fish , All the food was of high quality well presented not your average city restaurant . The tourist menu included a glass of very good quality wine . We all agreed a very good lunch at a very good price , we will certainly return

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jundiai, SP
“Excellent food and service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

The restaurant is very clean and well taken care of in all is details.
The owners are part of the team serving the tables and this is important, because they are attentive in every detail.
The food is very good and the wine list certainly pleases everyone.
In this I will come back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London
“Just awful but great ice-cream”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Back from a terrible lunch. The menu of the day (fish or meat) was frozen peas, gloopy starchy gnoochi, frozen prawns and I feel pretty sick. The grilled polenta is so charred and burnt on a grill that has not been cleaned in ages that the smell hits you as acrid before you even taste a mouthful. The best thing was the ice-cream which was delicious. The wine was supposed to be included but we were charged for it and I have never seen a waiter bring a bottle to me to inspect and then remove a stopper from the top, not a cork. My instant reaction was, so they fill up any old bottle with the local cheap stuff and serve it out of a different bottle. Who knows? The italians next to us didn't eat the polenta either and were not impressed.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
The Mediterranean
“Perfect in every sense”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

We booked this restaurant after seeing the good reviews on Tripadvisor and we were not let down. The food is perfect in every sense. The waitresses are smart, attentive and helpful under the watchful eyes of Antonella the hostess and her smiling dad who run the place. Since it was Easter, we had a six course set menu which included seafood and all wine and drinks for just 55 Euro a person. I am not sure about the prices on other days, but in this case it was great value for money for glorious food and dessert in a most welcoming and lovely atmosphere. If in Treviso you should not miss this little hidden gem.

• Visited April 2012