“Expensive for what it is” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #702 of 799 Restaurants in Padua
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: I want to post a review to prevent other travelers to go to this place. It is a total tourist trap. They overcharged us big time and I have pictures and receipt to prove it.
Loughborough
“Expensive for what it is”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Thankfully I had a better service experience than other reviewers, but lasagne and a couple of large beers cost more than I had been paying elsewhere. To be honest, I only stopped there for lunch as it was the only place that had tables in the sun, rather than under sun umbrellas!

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Whitby, United Kingdom
“Rip Off - Very very over-priced for very little”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

We visit Italy quite a bit to see friends, while visiting Padova for the first time (and on our own) we stopped at Casa Del Tramezzino.

1) No prices displayed anywhere (should have known!)
2) Staff rude
3) Very expensive. 1 Water + 1 Bitter Lemon + 1 Beer + 1 Coca-Cola = 23 Euros.

Yes, 23Euro for 4 drinks and only one of which was alcoholic.

Although Italy is expensive and so is Padova, you'd only expect to pay about 10-15Euro for the above.

And no, we didn't eat any additional crisps/snacks/food laid out - just the drinks.

Lesson learnt!

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brooklyn
“Tourist Scam - avoid this place!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

After 2 weeks traveling in Italy without any problems we finally fell into a scam at the Casa del Tramezzino.

We wanted something quick and easy for lunch and ordered the Meat Lasagna which was listed on the menu as a special for $5. The waitress (who was unnecessarily rude) asked if we wanted beer, wine or soda, supposedly included with lunch. I got a beer and my wife ordered a glass of house red wine. The wine was simply put an undrinkable watered down juice.

The lasagna came lukewarm, tiny and meatless. Not so good for a MEAT lasagna.

We quickly decided to pay and go somewhere else, when to our surprise the check came at $26 before tip!
Let's see $5+$5=$10, not $26. We asked why the difference and were told by the cashier/manager that my beer ($6 euros for a beer!) was not part of the menu, the wine glass ($5!) of house wine was "extra large" so it was not part of the menu either, and the lasagna was only $5 to go but $8 to eat at the restaurant. I finally said I would not pay $6 euros for a beer anywhere in Italy and the guy "discounted" $1....

I would recommend you AVOID this place so you can enjoy your time in Italy and be aware of this type of scams before ordering.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere