“Easily as good as these reviews!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 6 Activities in Courmayeur
Type: Specialty Shops, Gear rentals
London, United Kingdom
“Easily as good as these reviews!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This was our first trip to Courmayeur and I found Alpineve on this site with fantastic reviews.

I booked our skis and boots in advance via email and Anita and her team were highly efficient.

When we arrived there were plenty of people to help fit us correctly and we were on the slopes in minutes - all highly efficient and friendly.

By the way, I was not sure about the idea of going up to the ski area to get boots and skis but it works really well as you are not clunking around in your ski boots. Take the cable car down in the afternoon and Bar Roma is just round the corner.

Visited January 2013

Warwick, United Kingdom
“Outstanding service and a warm Italian welcome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We have been using the Alpineve for ski and snowboard hire for more than five years, and Anita and her team are excellent! Anita and all her staff are so very friendly and helpful, and after so many years using their services, we are greeted like old friends when we return. The equipment is always excellent and well-maintained, and if you need any adjustment to bindings, etc., during the week, they are more than happy to help. They are particularly helpful to those who are unsure about what they need, for example, when I had just started learning to snowboard and wasn't sure how big the board should be or what angles to have the bindings set at. The Alpineve's location is also an advantage as it is situated at the bottom of the main piste, very close to all the main chair lifts, as well as the bars and restaurants. We leave all our equipment (both the hired skis/snowboard and our own boots, helmets, goggles, etc.) at the Alpineve overnight (lockers are provided) which means that we can get to and from our hotel each day unencumbered - very wlecome after an energetic day! They are simply Courmayeur's best and we can't praise them enough!

Visited January 2013
Cowes, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Fantastic service, excellent gear and great customer care!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Anita and the team at Alpineve are first rate! We booked our ski hire here based on previous Tripadvisor reviews and it was well worth it. The equipment is excellent and well maintained and the level of customer care is second to none. I have never before been assisted with my boots each morning and had my skis carrried to the door for me! This is a small company who really do care about your comfort and enjoyment. If there are any problems with your equipment they will gladly change it until you are happy (we had no problems at all - the skis and boots were excellent)
If you email and book in advance, Anita will give you a 10% discount and if you email details of your height, weight and shoe size, they will prepare and service your equipment for you in advance. Their email is anita@alpineve.it
There are several hire companies at the top of the gondola (area known as Plan Checrouit) and I would definitely recommend hiring from this area. It is much more comfortable walking to the gondola/cable car in your walking boots than stomping through town in your ski boots carrying your skis. In addition, you are able to leave your skis and boots at the Alpineve shop each day after skiing and they dry the boots for you. This not only means you dont have to lug them up and down the gondola back to town but also you dont have to worry about security of the equipment. The only time hiring from up here wouldnt be so helpful is if you plan to ski in different areas each day such as la Thuile and Chamonix. You would obviously need your equipment back at your hotel each evening if this was your intention. I hope that you find this information useful and have a great ski holiday!

Visited December 2012
salisbury
“If Heaven had ski rental”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

We arrived at the top of the Courmayeur cable car looking for ski hire.. We noticed large crowds outside the shops on the main thoroughfare, but just off to the left I saw a sign saying Ski Hire down the steps. Given the crowds we thought lets check it out..... We followed the signs only to be greeted by a very friendly lady asking if she could help. We asked about ski hire, and she said 'of course'... At the time, we were the only customers (obviously as this shop is not so obvious to find) and the whole thing just seemed too good to be true....The lady was so nice, she helped us plan our skiing for the next 3 days, and explained that we could ski right down to the sun balcony at the rear of the shop and drop of our kit at the end of the day - no queues, long walks, pushing or shoving, just very relaxed and easy.....I remember thinking if Heaven does ski hire, this is what its like...:)
Ps - On the last day, we were late returning our skis and had to take them to the hotel; the lady was so nice about it, and even called to the hotel to pick them up..unbelievable !

Thankyou all at Aplineve! Neil, Darren, and Berwick UK

Visited April 2011
london
23 attraction reviews
“Great service and flexibility”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

I booked with Alpineve based on the recommendation on this site and I was not disappointed. After the first day, my wife and I kind of exhausted all the piste on Courmayeur. We decided to spend the next few days on other slopes (e.g. Chamonix or Pila). However, that means we would have to take the cable car up just to return the ski. Luckily, Anita lived near our hotel and she offered to collect them from the hotel if we leave them there. This is TOP service!!

Here is their web site: http://www.alpineve.it/

Visited March 2011