This was our first time staying with Club Med and by and large we had a good time. The hotel is nicely positioned with great views of the Matterhorn from most rooms. There are very regular shuttles to town and the ski lifts. It is possible to ski in using run 13/16. The hotel itself feels a bit dated but has decent facilities (bars/restaurants/gym and spa/ski hire). Our room was nice and big with good views. Showers are old and too small. Room was well maintained daily. The hotel staff were very friendly, energetic and helpful. Georgio makes a mean cocktail behind the bar! Given that the food needs to cater for large numbers and is mostly buffet style, the quality and variety was exceptionally high. It is also nice that the hotel has a restaurant on the slopes so that one can eat "on the house" but not lose any ski time. The hotel and staff go through a lot of effort putting on shows and entertaining guests. My feeling is that this is geared towards kids and families with kids. As a group of 20/30somethings, the entertainment wasn't really pitched at us. I can see how families would enjoy it. They do a good job of keeping kids active and out their parents hair all day.
A couple of gripes:
1. The wifi. They really should include this as part of the room rate instead of charging 20 Euro's per week for it. In addition, the wifi dropped very often and one needs to reinput user name and password each time.
2. Our shuttle was an hour late in collecting us from the airport and we received no communication. We had to ask someone to call the resort on our behalf to follow up.
3. My wife's bag was misplaced by the resort during check out. It was subsequently found but it has been a week and they have yet to courier it back to our home country, although they have done a good job of staying in contact and keeping us appraised.
Other than that, we had a fun week. The skiing at Cervinia really is top notch as well. Would I stay here again? Tough one to answer and not Club Med's fault. They have a great product which offers good value for money. The safety net of all inclusive is nice. However, it leads one to be quite insular. I quite enjoy trying different restaurants and pubs when on holiday and it would be a waste to do this with food and booze already paid for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the shadow of the alpine giants, Cervinia draws its inspiration from the glorious past of the mountaineers who conquered the Mount Cervino, and blends into a magnificent panorama. The hotel, with its original decoration and authentic materials, is a luxurious mountain refuge, a cosy, convivial setting for relaxing at Club Med Spa*, and reuniting the family at the end of the day. From a sun-soaked terrace, the view of the ski domain, tempts one and all to revel in the delights of snow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Cervinia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Cervinia Hotel Breuil-Cervinia
- Club Med Breuil-Cervinia
- Breuil-Cervinia Club Med