“Wow, such a fantastic hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Strada Giomein 46, 11021 Breuil-Cervinia, Italy   |
Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Breuil-Cervinia
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London
“Wow, such a fantastic hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

An absolutely beautiful place. I went for a weekend ski trip from London and found it very difficult to even consider leaving. Between the on-piste location, relaxing spa, lively apres bar, gourmet food, beautiful scenery, and lovely staff, the Hotel Principe Delle Nevi provided one of the best vacations I have ever had. Waking up to views of the Matterhorn and massive surrounding mountains was inspiring. The long runs into Zermatt and the Swiss side of the resort made for tired legs, but the lack of crowds meant that we were back in time for apres without any queuing or long waits. It was also very easy to get to from London, which always makes for a stress free weekend getaway. I was drinking a glass of red in the lounge in about 4.5 hours from central London. Could not recommend highly enough.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Polish first
Moscow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

We stayed in this hotel during the New Year eve and a week after. Were very pleased with friendly people who own this hotel. Kristin was very helpful to arrange almost everything for us from airport transfer to ski coach reservation. Great spa and swimming pool with the view on the mountains. Fabulous food, extraordinary service. Mario (somelier) created a special wine menu for us and we tasted new wine every night. It was our best stay among all our previous experience in Alps.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

First let me start by saying this is defiantly not a B&B , Principe delle nevi is clearly a boutique hotel.
I’ve stayed there for Christmas in one of their new suites with my wife and son.
The suite is amazing, it's one of the best suites I’ve ever stayed in (and that's including suites in NY, LA, London and Milan)
The loft styled suite is luxurious, spacious and warm. In the suite there is a fully equipped kitchen, a living room with a 3D TV screen!!!, a blue ray player and a PS3 (dilemma- ski or call of duty?) , a very comfortable big bed with a free standing bathtub , a huge bathroom and great views of the Matterhorn mountain.
The food was delicious (I ate like a pig) and the service was great, lovely staff and friendly drivers. the owners especially were very welcoming and kind.
They have a great après ski bar in the hotel and a very big SPA, I was really amazed to find out how big and nice it is.
And did I mention the ski in / ski out… what else do you need.
I will definitely come back again, maybe even in the coming summer. I heard the area is amazing also the summer.
Cervinia here I come…

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

we travel a lot, been in many hotels around the world...

staying at this hotel was a special experience to us, the location is great right beside the slopes, amazing view from every corner. the design of the hotel is both cozy and stylish, the spa and pools are impressive, the service and restaurant are top notch.

highly recommended, can't wait for our next visit.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

This incredible boutique hotel is located at the base of the Matterhorn in Cervinia, Italy. Ski in and ski out is just the tip of the iceberg. Luxury is thought out to perfection while never sacrificing any convenience. For instance, L’occitane bath products and both indoor and outdoor heated pools. Every aspect of the hotel has just been renovated while still maintaining the authenticity one expects from a ski holiday in Europe.

What is most special about this hotel is the sense of family with which you are surrounded. The sense of a boutique hotel is exemplified because you do not feel you are in a crowd, but rather with family on a ski holiday.

I came here with my boyfriend. We are from New York City and we stayed at Principe Delle Nevi the first few nights out of our two-week stay in Italy. It was our favorite hotel by far. Upon arrival, exhausted from the long flight, we enjoyed the spacious modern spa, which has a sauna, a steam room, an outdoor Jacuzzi, pools, and a wonderful reading and relaxation room to enjoy the glorious view of the mountain. This all helped to ease our jet lag. So did our wonderful massages in a Zen-like atmosphere.

The next morning Christine, the hotel manager who helps you to get organized with everything from ski lessons to schedule changes arranged a ski lesson with the owner’s son. This shows the sense of family this hotel embodies. That night we had a wonderful three-course dinner at the hotel’s restaurant, which is where we ate every meal during our three-night stay. They also had an extensive wine list, to compliment the meal. We had a very comfortable bed with a view of the Matterhorn. The next morning I embarked on my ski lesson and my boyfriend snowboarded. The runs on the mountain are excellent for people of all skill levels. My lesson was great and I learned a great deal. Other aspects of the hotel that were well thought out were the ski lockers, which were synchronized with our room keys, which had heaters for our ski boots. Indoor heated parking saved our car from the elements

That evening we again had an unforgettable meal. The trip melded into unforgettable meals, wonderful skiing, and luxurious spa afternoons. What sets Principe apart from other hotels is that you are treated like family. The meticulous attention to detail makes staying at Principe a memorable experience. Truly unforgettable! Don’t think twice about your vacation to Principe. It will be magical!

ginevra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

I cannot have enough good words for this place.

It is quite pricey but worth every euro we spend. The service was perfect, the stuff was very kind and caring and the food was simply stunning, every night we had a different menu to choose from and the quality of each meal was absolutely...believe me, I am Italian :)

The Hotel has direct access to the slope, you just put your ski on and you are off on the slope, plus there is a lovely spa for relax and pampering open 3-8pm...pretty big, with hammam, jacuzzi, sauna and relax area with tea and fresh biscuits.
The room was immaculate and very clean as the rest of the hotel, just a bit on the small side although equipped with all we needed including soft bathropes, Occitane bath products and sleeepers as expected from a 4 star hotel.

I felt like being in the Maldives on the Alps of we can say so, truly recommended!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2010

This is really a brilliant hotel. Positioned exactly on the ski slopes of Cervinia and literally you walk out the door and it's not more than 10 meters before you are skiing down to the first chair lift. It's also easy access and we drove our car straight into their heated undercover parking. The hotel has everything one could possibly want from a brand new luxury ski chalet. The rooms are clean and modern, The facilities are awesome. There is a big Jacuzzi tub on the deck overlooking the slopes. An indoor swimming pool, a steam room, sauna and massage (though I didn't have a massage but heard from another guest it
was excellent). The breakfast is great and I also highly recommend the restaurant. It's basically the best ski chalet I've ever been to. The owners are friendly and welcoming and the staff are brilliant. If you are going to Cervinia. Definitely stay here

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Principe Delle Nevi? Share your experiences!