“Lovely apartment, helpful staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
25% off room rate
Ranked #2 of 128 hotels in Turin
Buckinghamshire UK
“Lovely apartment, helpful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The residence is a 10 or 15 minute walk to the centre of Turin. Big rooms, air conditioning in both the lounge and bedroom, neat little kitchen and flat screen tv - oh and spacious clean bathroom/shower. Quadruple glazing mean's you hardly hear the trains and trams travelling below your windows. I like watching trains, so enjoyed watching them coming and going. A few vagrants sleeping along the road from the residence, but not aggressive, more sad really. There is a fabulous coffee shop 150 meters away next door to a small Carrefore. We loved this apartment and Turin is a gem of a city, we will be returning and staying at the Sacchi.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
SacchiStaff, Public Relations Manager at Residence Sacchi, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear UKtraveller5_7,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and indeed for choosing to stay with us.

I’m thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found the apartment lovely. Our main aim here at the Residence Sacchi is to ensure that all guests enjoy a luxurious and memorable stay while visiting Torino. Also, thank you very much indeed for your kind praise of our staff; I will be certain to forward your kind comments to them.

I really do hope you will manage a return visit to us, we very much look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again!

Best regards!

284 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I was in Turin for a conference. Based on reviews on this site, I booked an apartment in Res. Sacchi, which is located near the train station. For a very moderate cost, you get a large studio apartment that includes an area with a sofa and desk. My unit was on the fifth floor and was very quiet. The a/c works well. Wifi is available, as well as an ethernet connection if you prefer the security. There is a kitchen area and dishes are provided, so this place would be ideal for longer stays as well. The staff is very friendly and helpful. When I complained that the unit I was given stunk of cigarette smoke AND industrial deodorizer, I was shown all available units and allowed to choose the only I liked best (my rating applies to the second room...). There are several cafés and a small supermarket very close.

Room Tip: Some rooms face the courtyard, but on the fifth floor, even the units facing the street were quiet...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Client,

Thank you for taking the time for posting such a great five star review. We are delighted you enjoyed the quality, the comfort of our residence and all its amenities.

We are sorry for the cigarette smoke in the first unit; we are glad to hear our staff gave you another apartment you liked.

It means a lot to us to know that you think so highly of Residence Sacchi and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future for another great stay.

Warmest Regards!
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

When you arrive in a new city, all the way from Australia - this is the sort of start you want for your holiday. An easy to find hotel, a warm welcome, a lift, a large suite, comfortable bed and a good hot shower. The suite had a huge wardrobe, a kitchenette and big table, couches, coffee table and such a beautifully tiled bathroom that I wanted to take a photo of it and replicate it at home. It was quiet, overlooking an inner garden and had excellent blinds so we could catch up on some sleep. Free wifi in the room worked well too.

The staff are extremely helpful and no amount of questioning, was too much trouble. This set the bar very high for our future hotels and I could only hope that all hotels in Italy were as nice and helpful.

Their suggestion of Marcello Restaurant, was a real hit too and it's very close but it can be booked out so either go early or make a reservation (if you can). There is also a market on some days in one of the nearby side streets.

We stayed at the end of May which was unseasonally cool but it was beautiful to see the snow capped alps in between the buildings of Turin.

Room Tip: If you like 'quiet' ask for a room off the street. Also I think rooms with sloping ceilings...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
SacchiStaff, Public Relations Manager at Residence Sacchi, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Buongiorno OKAussie,

We would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and for choosing to stay with us.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Residence Sacchi. We are very glad to you that you were pleased with your accommodation during your stay, and we would like to thank you very much indeed for your kind praise of our facilities.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back Residence Sacchi again soon.

Warmest regards!
Belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This place is absolutely brilliant, I regret that we only stayed one night. The location is brilliant - a short walk from the train station and a pleasant stroll (10 -15 mins) from the historic area and some lovely restaurants. Yes there are some homeless people on the street nearby - but they do not invade your privacy. On top of the suite having everything you would need (and lots more), the icing on the cake - was Anna. She was so helpful and genuinely wanted to make sure that we made the most of our short stay. I can only hope that we will make it back and hear what other recommendations she has for things to do in the area. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Belfast-on-tour,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay at Residence Sacchi.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us. Our team here at the hotel is very proud of the service we provide to guests. Our main aim here at the hotel is to ensure that all guests enjoy a luxurious and memorable stay while visiting Torino. I have passed on your lovely comments to Anna - she is a wonderful assist to our Front Desk Team.

I do hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
San Sebastian - Donostia, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We were really surprised for the quality of the service that was really extraordinary. The apartment was excelent, very nice bed, spacious, comfortable. The design and the furniture were modern and luxurious. It has been the best hotel during our honeymoon in Italy.
The reception service was very friendly, helpful and reliable. The space in the apartment makes you feel that you have rented a house for holidays, with separated areas (kitchen, bathroom, living room...)
If we go back to Torino the Residence Sacchi will be our choice for business or for holidays.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
SacchiStaff, Public Relations Manager at Residence Sacchi, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Residence Sacchi. I am absolutely thrilled with your fantastic review; it is very much appreciated by the entire team. Thank you very much indeed for your very kind praise of all aspects of our residence. It is immensely gratifying to know that exceeded your expectations.

I very much look forward to your return to Residence Sacchi, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Best regards!
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I choose Residence Sacchi because of its location and proximity to Porta Nuova Station ; excellent for connections if travelling to other Italian cities; the shuttle bus from Turin airport starts and terminates on the corner of via Sacchi and Corso Vitttorio Emanuele opposite the station. In fact once you alight from the airport bus you can walk for 5-10 minutes under the covered colonnade which gets you to the Residence at no 34, Tram No. 4 runs frequently along via Sacchi and gets to the centre of the old city in 15 minutes.
Residence Sacchi is for self catering . I stayed in a studio room which was exceptionally huge and spacious - the bedroom / living room areas were well defined with high ceilings and well equipped for for independent living.. . therefore well suited for long- term stays. Each apartment room is uniquely decorated. Room facilities are excellent ; good storage; free wifi connections, 2 TVs with Sky and CD player. 24 hr reception; Staff very helpful.

Room Tip: The choice includes studious, and 1 & 2 bed apartments. I choose a studio room over looking the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest Donclive,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and for choosing to stay with us recently.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Residence Sacchi in the not too distant future.

Warmest regards!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

I was struggling to find a hotel in Turin with an available family room when I stumbled across this place.
A few minutes walk from the train station and a 20 minute brisk walk from Castle Square, Residence Sacchi is a perfect base to discover Turin.
A real home from, the apartment was spacious and spotlessly clean with a beautiful large bathroom and enormous (and enormously comfortable) beds. The only negative point I could mention is that the layout of the shower (in the bath) wasn't the best but that may have just been the apartment we were in (and it is a very minor gripe).
The front office is manned 24 hours a day by very helpful staff and the cleaners were busy all day too.
As other reviews have mentioned there are homeless people on the street outside the apartment block (not directly outside), but my family was never bothered by them at any time of the day or night and we felt perfectly safe.
My wife loved it, my young daughters loved it and I loved it; I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to any friends or family visiting Turin.

• Stayed May 2013
SacchiStaff, Public Relations Manager at Residence Sacchi, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Salve MacMcAllister72,

Thank you for your 5 star review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay at Residence Sacchi. It is wonderful to read that you felt at home during your stay with us as we aim to ensure all our guests are as comfortable and relaxed as they are in their own home. We are very happy you and your family enjoyed the stay here with us. We value your feedback and I will ensure your kind comments are passed on the team.

We are delighted that you chose to recommend Residence Sacchi on TA and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Been to Residence Sacchi? Share your experiences!