“Professionally splendid” 5 of 5 stars

011-539842
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Ristorante Giovanni is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #586 of 2,505 Restaurants in Turin
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Chowder, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Doing business
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dumbarton, United Kingdom
“Professionally splendid”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

I had a very good experience here. Due to evening appointments we were late for dinner and most places were closed but a very attentive taxi driver took us to the Giovanni. It was about to close too, but it stayed open for us and we were the last to leave. At that time, all that could be arranged was a steak, but it was totally delicious. We were glad to find somewhere so nice. You can get Piedmontese specialties here and I think evening booking is recommended. I will be back there on my next turin visit, definitely. It's not so far from Porta Nuova station, You can certainly walk from the metro there. Piedmontese food (and wine) is robust and well worth investigating. I would definitely explore the menu in this restaurant.

• Visited January 2014

Madliena, Malta
“God food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Good food and well priced. Recommended by our hotel we were not disappointed. We were advised by the knowledgable waiter to try their Piedmontese beef and an amazing bottle of Nebbiolo both of which were delicious. I would go there again.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Malta
“Good food and extensive wine list.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

The ambience is nice as is the food and the wine list.

I had a really nice piece of grilled fillet which was divine.
The menu is assorted and also carries a number of fish specialities.

The service was however a bit on the downside even though the host, Signora Antonella,
made us feel welcome.

• Visited May 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
“A wonderful evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by our hotel which was just 5 mins walk away, otherwise I don't think we would have found it.
It is a cozy ambiance, great food, friendly service, good choice on the menu and seems to be popular with locals and tourists. Seems to be run by a husband and wife team.
We are currently living in France where the food is awful, there is no choice if you don't like foie gras, intestines, frogs and snails, where service is non-existent (the waiters serve you red wine out of the freezer and do not pour the water) and where any criticism is badly received by the chef and staff.
So our experience here at this restaurant was really positive. Super friendly service. My beef was a little too rare for my liking. In France, if I had asked, they would have spat on my food and told me that "Us English know nothing about food" (I'm Irish) whereas my Italian waiter came back and asked me if I would like it cooked a little more (I hadn't even complained or asked for this). Anything we asked about the food - what is it, what wine would you recommend - was all answered in a friendly and helpful way even though we do not speak Italian and the staff not too much English. Food was delicious, a good choice of everything, dessert buffet delicious. We throroughly enjoyed our evening here.
The restaurants in Lyon could definitely learn a thing or two about service, food and wine from the guys running this lovely restaurant in Turin!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, Ohio
“Fantastic Meal, wonderful restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We had a wonderful dining experience at Ristorante Giovanni. This is a family run business and they do a wonderful job. Father and brother are cooking in the back, Mother and 2 daughters are in front. Maria, our server, was fabulous. She offered us wonderful recommendations for our meal. The menu was very good, many delicious choices. Wine list also was very good. Highly recommend this restaurant. Definitely 5 star. Thank you Ristorante Giovanni.

• Visited November 2012