I stayed in this hotel for three nights on a business trip. It was in the right part of town for my visit, but I'd advise caution: after dark prostitutes are a very common sight along the nearby roads. If that doesn't offend, then fine; but the sex-trade is very visible in this area.
The hotel is clean and well appointed. A secure underground garage is available. The reception staff wear badges that indicate the languages they speak, which was helpful. In addition, they were friendly and helpful.
My room was clean, quiet and comfortable. The bed was very comfy with a choice of 'firm' and 'soft' pillows. The air conditioning was a tad noisy and not especially effective.
The bathroom and shower was attractive, clean and well-appointed. Shower tell and liquid soap were provided in dispensers. Unfortunately the dispenser in the shower was not refilled.
A comprehensive breakfast buffet was available for 15 euro. The restaurant was pretty good - fresh home-made dishes - buy relatively pricey.
Unfortunately WiFi is only available in the lobby/bar area. It's also charged for; 5 euro for and hour or 9 euro for 24 hours. It's disapointing to see hotels continue to levy high charges for WiFi. Data ports were available in the room, but again Internet access came at a price.
This is a good business hotel. I had a comfortable stay at a realistic price. I would not consider the local environment to be suitable for leisure travel or to be 'family friendly'.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Turin-Corso Francia Hotel
- Holiday Inn Turin-Corso Francia Hotel Turin
- Holiday Inn Turin
- Turin Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Turin Corso Francia, which opened in February 2006, is ideally located, a few minutes from the old city centre of Turin, where the Egyptian Museum, Royal Palace and Film Museum, inside the Mole Antonelliana, are located.The modern-style bedrooms, all perfectly soundproofed, provide all the amenities sought after by Business and Leisure Clients.The hotel is easy to reach using the main means of transport both from the railway stations of Porta Nuova and Porta Susa, with the new Underground station (Piazza Massaua), located in front of the hotel, and from the Sandro Pertini airport. All the Via Lattea ski resorts made famous by the Turin Winter Olympics 2006 are within easy reach.The Olimpic Stadium is just a few minutes distance.Holiday Inn Turin Corso Francia is perfect for organising any type of event thanks to the Congress Centre with seven meeting rooms with cutting-edge technological equipment and fast WI-FI Internet connection.The 'Fermata Venchi internal restaurant offers a comfortable and relaxing ambience where you can enjoy traditional regional, national and international dishes.Free Mini Gym.Large internal garage.Holiday Inn Turin Corso Francia, for business or leisure, your home away from home, just a short way from the heart of Turin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Venere, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Holiday Inn Turin-Corso Francia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.