“Great location with friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Urbani
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Saluzzo, 7, 10125 Turin, Italy (San Salvario)   |
Ranked #24 of 128 hotels in Turin
Waynesville, North Carolina
“Great location with friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Only a 5 minute walk from the Porta Nuova train station, great location. Easy walk to all the piazzas, the river and churches from here. We were pleasantly surprised by the breakfast choices, given what we had read about meager Italian breakfasts!! This was excellent, and we left well fueled for our walks around the city. Adequate space for 3 adults. There was a charge for wifi, but it was available. Found free wifi in several cafes nearby.

573 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Turkish first
Sliema, Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Hotel Urbani is a very central hotel. We found it very convenient and cheap to take a bus coach from Caselle Airport which dropped us off about five minutes walk from the hotel. The hotel is very close to Porta Nuova train station so it is very easy to use the Metro and bus service. It is also within a walking distance to central Turin and main shopping areas. The rooms were very clean and quiet. Considering it is a three star hotel, the bathrooms had a good selection of toiletries. Internet was also provided, at a small fee, in our rooms. The staff, who also spoke English were very helpful and friendly. Our requests were immediately seen to. A good and plentiful selection of food for breakfast. A minor problem in our bathroom was immediately fixed even though it was a Sunday. The hotel also provides a garage, at a reasonable cost, to park the car. We occupied two rooms and one of them had tea/coffee facilities. I highly recommend it and would without any doubt use the hotel again on my next trip.

Room Tip: Make sure that your room has tea/coffee facilities.
Island of Gozo, Malta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Comfortable and clean hotel, located very close to Porta Nuova train station. Easy walking distance to the centre, for sightseeing, shopping etc. Small, but clean rooms. Parking @ a fee, but comfortable and necessary. Ideal hotel for a short city break.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This hotel has very small rooms and small beds even for Italian standards. The lighting in the room and bathroom were poor. To add insult, they charge for Internet wireless access. On the plus side, the hotel is very convenient to the Porta Nuova train station and the breakfast is included. Our room faced the inside courtyard, so we found the room fairly quiet except when one night the guest next door made loud snoring sounds (walls are rather thin). The cleaning staff is very good and the room was clean. I would certainly do not go back to Urbani. I will certainly go back to Residenza Sacchi anytime, which is also near the Porta Nuova station.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room facing the inside courtyard. Rooms facing the street could be a problem (we...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed from 10 -14 May 2013. Our ensuite room was spotless and breakfast was included and adequate. The Reception staff spoke good English and were friendly and helpful at all times. Our bill was correct when we checked out. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and the fact that we were so close to Metro and bus services. The only drawback wasthat the walls are very thin and you can hear everything from the adjoining rooms! There is no restaurant in the hotel but plenty of good places to eat nearby.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Just round the corner from the Porta Nova station. This was reasonable in terms of value and the staff were friendly. There are a lot of local eateries around this a hotel too. It is about ten minutes stroll to the central square of Castello. Stayed two nights and would do so again if passing through Turin on the train. Rooms were clean and the breakfast was ok too.

Upminster, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

On 6th of November 2012 I booked a room in hotel Urbani for 3 nights: 9th, 10th & 11th of April 2013 as a short holiday break for my daughter and myself. As planned we turned up at the hotel in the morningof 9th of April and on showing our booking confirmation we were told that our booking has been cancelled a day before our arrival. This was due to the fact that apparently hotel Urbani attempted to pre-authorise my credit card three times in order to take a deposit and the preauthorisation had failed therefore they marked my cc invalid. They showed us copies of these slips with "transaction denied"
I was shocked hearing that my cc which I use very often and never ever had problems with payment was marked invalid and also that I was not notified about the cancelation neither by booking.com nor by hotel Urbani. I was in communication with hotel Urbani on 19thof March sending an email asking if we could come to their hotel before the check in time on the day of our arrival. They confirmed my request by return on the same day but strangely they could not get in touch with me regarding the important matter like my "invalid card".
We then proposed that as we are at the hotel in person we could pay with another card or cash but our offer was turned down because they didn't have any vacancies for the 3 nights we booked with them initially. As I am an older woman the search by foot for an available room in Turin seemed to be rather daunting. Therefore we asked the receptionist if she could help us to find an alternative, affordable room somewhere else. She was rather reluctant to help and only found us one offer, which was more than 3 times what we were supposed to pay in Urbani. In the end we did find ourselves another hotel to stay in although it was still a bit more expensive. I paid for this hotel with my "invalid card" and it was no problem at all. By now we found out that next day was an important football match in Turin and hotels were making a very good profit on this event. I went back next day to see the manager of Urbani hotel to ask for compensation for the difference I had to pay in the other hotel and to explain to me again why my confirmed booking was cancelled. The manager was rude, aggressive and he called the police to scare us. I think the police had good intentions, although I am not sure what sort of story the manager told them in Italien, but they did not do anything.
When I returned home I contacted my cc services and they confirmed that on all dates shown on the slips from hotel Urbani my bank authorised the payment but hotel Urbani did not proceed with these transactions.
I feel that our holiday was ruined because of dishonesty of management of Urbani hotel in Turin.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Urbani? Share your experiences!