“Great 3* Hotel In the Centre of Turin” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Nizza
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Nizza 9, 10100 Turin, Italy (San Salvario)   |
Ranked #19 of 127 Hotels in Turin
Whittlesey, United Kingdom
“Great 3* Hotel In the Centre of Turin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I picked this hotel for a 4 night stay in Turin in October promarily due to it's location. It is right next to the Puerto Neuva Station, so I decided it would be easy to find and on the maps it was close to the bus/tram and Metro.
The hotel is directly opposite the station. It may not look much from the outside, but the area is very safe daya and night. The reception staff were very helpful and knowledgable about how to get to different locations around the city and it's surrounding areas, and where to buy tickets for the Airport bus, Trams etc etc.
The rooms look out onto the surrounding streets or the courtyard. Mine was on the 2ns floor and looed onto the courtyard. A small balcony meant you could open the room doors to let in a cool breeze. The 2 patio doors also have blackout panels which you can open or close on each door.
Breakfast was continental style, with plenty of Croissants, Pastries, rolls, eggs, cheese, lots of fresh juice, plus cereals and biscuits. Coffee is nice strong expresso, served with a jug of hot water if you would like to turn it into an 'Americano'.
There is a bar and pizzareia within 30 seconds of the hotel, but I found the better bars in the main piazza's, or just down on the main road heading towards the river. Nice restaurants were also within easy walking distance (5 mins).
The main attractions are within walking distance of the hotel. Goto the main road, cross over and keep walking up (station behind you) and you will come to a number of Piazza's, lots of shops and eventually the Royal Palace and the Cathedral (where the Shroud of Turin is kept)
Definitely a hotel I would visit again if I goto Turin and definitely one I would recommend.

Room Tip: Soundproofing is good in all rooms. My room (209) overlooking the courtyard was nice and quiet, and...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Same as another traveler down thread, we rolled into Turin late at night and picked Nizza after checking out other more expensive hotels closer in. This hotel is great! At first, since we were coming from France, I was a little taken aback by the owner's warmth and hospitality, I kept thinking "is this for real?" but they really love their place and take pride in it. They are super friendly and their beds are the most comfortable out of my entire trip in Europe. High ceilings, clean, with a cute little balcony. Their shower is one of those high-tech boxes that opens from both sides and sprays water in every direction. Absolutely I would stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I landed here by chance with my two small girls very late night due to a train cancellation; I just stepped into the very first hotel I saw outside the station. A very good choice as it turns out; I came in all travelled out with my equally travelled out children only to find a fully staffed reception (although it was midnight) with lots of time for tired small children! They helped me with all my stuff and were very pleasant generally. The breakfast was included in the (quite reasonable) price and it was one of the better ones I have had in Italy. Highly recommend this place to anyone needing a stopover, super close and very accommodating! The only minus was that Turin was extremely hot at this time, and I didn't see or ask for AC. Some rooms may have it, but not the room we had as far as I could work out. We all slept like babies though.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Veldhoven, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The hotel is located next to the Porta Nuova railstation, so the historic centre of Torino is at walking distance. I stayed in a nice room, although the shower was really tiny. Everything was very clean though, and the breakfast was decent too. They do offer parking just around the corner, but it seemed there is only space for one car (I think they rent one space in a private garage, because I had to park at exactly the same spot). If you reserve it, you're fine. BTW, I emailed the hotel (via their site) and they provided me with a better rate than booking.com (which was cheapest online)! So that's worth checking too.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
townsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We chose Hotel Nizza based upon a previous review and I have to say it was terrific from the minute e arrived. The location extremely central right across from the Porta Nouva railway station. The welcome we received from Paolo one of three brothers and family that run this hotel was fantastic, whimsical, professional and extremely warm. We found the rooms very good, a previous reviewer had trouble with soundproofing, whilst there seemed to be moving of furniture in the night we had 3 very restful nights sleep with the double glazing on the w does completely shutting out the trees noise. I would recommend asking for the air conditioning remote control if staying in the hotter months. The whole staff were so obliging, we managed to get a tray of breakfast for our elderly mother every morning and it was done so easily. We asked for English speaking tv and they came and tuned the tv without any bother. The off street car parking is around the corner and gives a sense of security, so pa the extra money for this service.
Our only comment would be to invest in new pillows as the ones we had were very worn and not very comfortable
The location is great with restaurants easily accessible. These guys really never stand customer service and made our stay in Turin one we want to repeat and we would definitely stay and recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a well priced hotel with comfortable rooms and easy access to Turin and its outskirts. Thank you Paolo and family!

Room Tip: Try and get all on the one floor and corner rooms seemed a good option
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Eton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Paolo was exceptionally personable and fun. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom very large and had a great jetted shower. Breakfast was nice and the rest of the staff were accommodating. Internet always worked perfectly. Great location just next to Porta Nuova train station. Great value for the money in the middle of town and great suggestions for dinner too. Just an all around great stay. torino is a beautiful city, good food, nice parks and pretty statues throughout. Untouched place in Italy. Be wary of any restaurants and cafes by the tourist attractions. In Italy you might get swindled easily and some don't like us tourists but Torino seems to be one to find nicer, friendlier folks.

Room Tip: Triple rooms, no A/C in Italy until certain times of year, no matter the temperature. Make sure to a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is right next to a main road so it's always noisy, especially on Friday and Sayutday nights

Breakfast is very poor.

Staff are somewhat friendly

ROOMS are TERRIBLE especially with sound proofing. If someone nextroom spoke or snoored you will hear it as if they were in your room.

Asked to change my room 3 times now, no luck there.

I d say save your money and go ELSEWHERE!!!!

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Hotel Nizza? Share your experiences!