“Terrible” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 129 Hotels in Turin
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Terrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is right next to a main road so it's always noisy, especially on Friday and Sayutday nights

Breakfast is very poor.

Staff are somewhat friendly

ROOMS are TERRIBLE especially with sound proofing. If someone nextroom spoke or snoored you will hear it as if they were in your room.

Asked to change my room 3 times now, no luck there.

I d say save your money and go ELSEWHERE!!!!

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

nice hotel with great service.. right across the road from Puorta Nova train station..
breakfast was italian style.. would recommend this hotel on a quick stop over.. nothing too fancy but comfy a couple nights.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Naples, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

It's all in the title, I found the staff of this hotel very friendly and accomodating and the room fine for the 50 euros a night I paid (double bed, big bathroom, tv, wi-fi). The hotel is next to the main train station but has rooms looking onto a secondary street if you are worried about the noise. Breakfast had a decent selection of things to eat (freshly cooked buns, cereals, bread, jam etc) and bar-made coffee. All in all I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Rome
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

I go to Torino about every two years, for the Salone del Gusto, so I've stayed in quite a few hotels. From now on I will definitely be staying at the Hotel Nizza. The location is excellent, right across the street from the Station, and so right near the center of town. It is also very easy to get to Lingotto from here.
Even though the hotel is a simple 3 star, the warm reception by the entire staff made the entire experience outstanding.
Beds were very comfortable, bathrooms recently redone, rooms very clean.
This is the perfect hotel if you are in town on business, and need a clean and comfortable and affordable place to stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Lincoln
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

I first stayed in the Nizza many years ago with friends when we used to travel there to watch football. Back then, it was a one floor hotel reached by a lift from a courtyard off the main via and we stayed there many times.

I have just returned with my girlfriend and what a change. The hotel's entrance is now on the main Via Nizza and the hotel occupies 4 floors. Taking my partner for the first time, was obviously not like a weekend with the boys! However, in the years since I last went, the hotel has not only grown in size but in quality too and in relation to the price charged and competition represents an absolute bargain.

The room we were given was spacious with a lovely shower in the bathroom and tv. The room was very clean as is the hotel throughout. Being newly refurbished, the decor is lovely throughout. Breakfast was included in the Nizza, and though continental in nature, there was plenty of choice including cereal, rolls, boiled eggs, fruit juices and fresh fruit.

The service is (and always was) unfailingly polite and though none of the family owners speak particularly good English, Paulo does make a very good effort. The hotel is opposite the Porto Nuovo station and very close to all the main shops and sites. In years gone by this was never the nicest area of Turin but by all accounts the police and council have made strong efforts to 'clean' it up. We had no problems at all and felt very safe, even when we returned late at night from restaurants. In fairness though, the hotel is in a busy area we did hear some noise in the room during the night from the local streets, though nothing that overly disturbed our sleep.

I have noticed that the Nizza does not come up on price comparison web sites. However, it is easy to e mail the owners via their own web site and in my opinion well worth the extra effort. I did stay at the Hotel Mercure last year which is literally next door. Not only is it not as good as the Nizza, it is significantly more expensive and did not include breakfast.

I think that those making the extra effort to book the Nizza will feel that they are well rewarded!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

Recently I’ve stayed for two nights in hotel Nizza. While at first I had mixed feelings about it, the longer I stayed there the more I started disliking it. The location of the hotel is ideal, just a few hundred metres from the railway station (that is because the side entrance of the railway station is closed due to ongoing construction works, so you have to make a little detour to get to the hotel) and the neighbourhood is quite noisy. However, after 10pm it was silent enough. Despite that I couldn’t really sleep because of the hard mattress. Usually I like my mattress semi-hard and I don’t mind if I don’t ‘sink’ into it but this mattress just felt like sleeping on the floor. Eventually I managed to sleep though.

Then there’s the staff and the reception. I’m sure the staff of this hotel is very nice, however, apart from Italian they only spoke very poor French (I do speak 5 languages but unfortunately no Italian; French is my second language though). They didn’t tell me about breakfast, check out times, etc, neither was there any information in the room itself (most hotels do at least have a paper with ‘guidelines’ and such kind of information written on it). On the day I had to check out, there was no-one at the reception and all doors were locked. I had to catch an early train to Genoa (6.35 am) and tried to check out at a quarter past 6. No-one. I left my key on the counter, thought I could just walk out (and the hotel would charge my credit card; they had my information anyway) but then found all the doors being locked. I tried to call their phonenumber (in the hope that it was transferred to another number where someone could be reached) but it was clearly disconnected. The alarm bell (the one which sounds automatically when you enter the lobby) didn’t work either. I decided to try the emergency exits which were indicated on a map in the lobby… none of them worked (I wonder what happens in case there’s a fire? Will someone be alarmed and unlock all doors manually? Might be too late for that huh?!)… except the last one I tried. At half past 6 I had to run for my train and was lucky to still find it on the platform (though it was about to leave).

The room itself looked clean at the first sight but there was a cobweb in one corner and one wall was stained (I think because of water although I’m not really sure). The blanket had been burnt by a cigarette (even though it was a non-smoking room) and didn’t look very good. At least the floor looked clean. One positive thing to say about the room is the bathroom. It has a multi-head shower and has clearly been renovated recently.

I would definitely not recommend this hotel to other travellers. I wanted to give it an average score first but because of the fact that there wasn’t any communication nor anyone at the reception at 6am obliging me to ‘run away’ through an emergency exit I can only say I’m disappointed because of this poor service.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

OMG. I have stayed in a lot of family owned 1,2,and 3 star hotels in Italy but have never stayed in one as comfortable and friendly as the Hotel Nizza. It is right across the street from the train station, the rooms are all spotless and most of them newly remodeled. But even more impressive than that are the owners Paolo and his brother Roberto. They make you feel like part of their family. I would rate this a definite 10. The rooms are reasonably priced and the service is excellent. Plan to stay here if you are in Torino.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Nizza? Share your experiences!