“Never ever again!!Dirty..” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #60 of 127 Hotels in Turin
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Never ever again!!Dirty..”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

I stayed here mid January. Checked in in the evening and despite booking a non-smoking room I have received a smoking one. I have asked for a change and I have received a disabilities room since apparently this was the only available one. The carpet had a huge stain in the middle of the room. The bedsheets were DIRTY..have not been previously changed and the the bathroom had a dirty floor.
I have asked for a new change and UNBELIEVABLY the new room had black FOOT MARKS on the bathtub.
The FORTH room received was at a decent level and I managed to go to sleep after a tiring hours worth of room change.

First thing in the morning I checked out despite booking for 3 nights.

I have received the refund for the other booked 2 days in due time but no compensation for terrible night spent there.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
RF40, General Manager at Novotel Torino, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you met in our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us in order to improve the quality of our service and customer care.
I fully understand your comments as like you, I am first a customer. Please allow me to underline some points which I think were mis-communicated.
With regards to the request of a smoking room; unfortunately the booking you made did not show us your preferences which of course I am now investigating. Let me assure you that it is our policy to always match special request such as yours.
With regards to the payment & refund; may I kindly ask you to verify the amount you have been refunded as I personally checked the amount you had paid and made the bank transfer for the whole amount written on the confirmation booking. Please send me copies of both payment & refund should you wish for me to look into this further.
Once again I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.
Yours Sincerely

Rossana Francieri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Geneva, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

Check in at 18.00 hrs in a freezing room! Changed finally after 5 or 6 tries in other rooms some of which smoking ones. Not the best option in general, imagine with small kids!
No apologies from the staff hotel but excuses on excuses, as we were just being unlacky. Would you believe?
In the end at around 22.00, we had to stay in two separate rooms, therefore split the family. At check out only because I reported the issues we had to endure we were given a courtesy discount.
It was a pity. We much appreciate Novotel mainly for their smart formula of assuming that not oly singles and couples travel nowdays therefore considering hospitality also for families. We hope it was just a bad accident.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Oswestry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

Having stayed in other hotels in Italy, I found this hotel to be refreshingly different as the rooms were a lot bigger than those in hotels elsewhere in Italy. The staff were superb, friendly and helpful. The location of the hotel is lovely and quiet but not good for town as it is a couple of miles and a taxi to central Torino is about €15 (taxi to the Airport is €25). If you do stay here however get a room facing the front of the hotel and higher up as the views of the mountains are wonderful. I stayed on the 5th floor. Food in the restaurant is quite pricey (drinks at the bar are €7 for a glass of wine and €6.50 for a beer - cafe americano is €2.50) but tasty, breakfast choice was wide and had the usual mix of croissants, preserves, juice, yoghurts, cereals, scrambled egg, sausage and bacon. On one occasion due to a large coach party there was no bacon or sausage remaining at breakfast. Rooms are nice and bright, beds are quite firm but for me comfy, clean bathrooms. There is also a large shopping mall 15 minutes walk over the bridge (out of the hotel turn left and take a right turn over the bridge go straight on past the IVECO factory) Wi Fi is FREE and you get given an access card at reception which gives you three hours of internet access, plus there are 2 PC's (MACS) one in reception area and one on the first floor which are free to use. €94 Euros per night for the Tuesday and Wednesday and €105 for the Thursday night (price includes breakfast). The area the hotel is based in itself is a mix of industrial (Volvo garage, fuel stations) , some (closed off) parkland in front next to the river and residential apartments at the end of the road....if you want to eat a little closer to the hotel but don't want to pay the prices, there are some restaurants about 15 minutes walk away up the hill.

Room Tip: Get a room at the front of the hotel (and above the 4th floor) as the views of the mountains are fan...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
RF40, Front Office Manager at Novotel Torino, responded to this review, January 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

we thank you for taking the time and let us know how your stay was. We will share with all the Novotel Turin staff your positive comments and the positive aspects you appreciated during your stay. I't very important for s in order to improve the service day by day.

We look forward to welcoming you soon in Torino.

Lorena Olivadese
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

A Novotel is never going to be particularly full of character but you can expect them to be efficient, clean, smart and pleasant and this proved no exception. The downside, as has already been mentioned is the distance from the centre of Turin. We travelled without a car and relied on public transport and while the trams are excellent during the day (With a stop just outside the hotel) and at night quickly got a handle on buses. As such the distance issue was actually relatively easily addressed.
If you get on the main road and head out of the city, about a KM away is a large Auchan supermarket, handy for getting picnic supplies!
also while others have commented on the view, while in the main I agree, it does afford an excellent view of Superga!

Room Tip: very cheap when booked through lastminute
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
RF40, General Manager at Novotel Torino, responded to this review, August 28, 2011
Dear Guest,

we really appreciated your comments about your stay and i will share your satisfaction with my staff. We look forward to welcoming you very soon at Novotel's in Torino.
Rossana Francieri

Been to Novotel Torino? Share your experiences!