“good value for the money” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Due Mondi
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Saluzzo 3, 10125 Turin, Italy (San Salvario)   |
Ranked #117 of 127 Hotels in Turin
Hessle, England
“good value for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2014

We had travelled into Turin from Pisa on train and just needed a hotel near the station for convenience as we were flying back in the morning. Location wise I could not fault
it. Two minutes walk from the station just off the main road Via Vittorio Emanuele II. It was only
20 mtrs down the side street. The main road is busy and completely safe to walk along. It had
a feeling of Paris as it was a boulevard nice and wide with lots of shops and bars. Across the
road from the Porta Nuova Station is the Via Roma road which leads you to most of the local attractions. So if you don't have a lot of time in Turin at least you can see most of the things to
see in a relatively short time. The hotel was clean and the staff at the reception gave us a map
which showed where to go and also advised where the buses left for the airport and told us where to get a ticket (6.50 euros each). The room was clean and it had a good bathroom.
The décor in the hotel is colourful and quite quaint in a lovely Italian way. The breakfast was
basic, ham cheese, bread, croissants, cereals etc and a good coffee machine. Overall good
value for money. Would stay at the Due Mondi again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2014 via mobile

Not a three star hotel more of a two and a half star. Room was small but adequate. Room and bathroom were clean. Room was very noisy as it face to the street. Great location. Across the street from the train station. Two blocks from the metro.

Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Edmonton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a quick overnight in Turin. We had two rooms here as there were four of us. It was hot out so we were disappointed that both AC units in the rooms did not work, not even a little bit. They would come on but there was no cold air. The beds were not very comfy, and the sheets were older so when I went to pull them up on myself one actually ripped! It was very hot and VERY VERY noisy as our window faced the street below. Sleep quality was very poor. However, our parents had a room that was facing a terrace in the middle of the building and said it was quiet for them at night. For the price, the room was decent for the night. Around the corner at the best western it was almost triple the cost. We checked another 3 star down the street and it was worse than Hotel Due Mondi.

The rooms were reasonably clean, and had nothing luxurious about them. The bathrooms were fine and reasonably clean. The TV was small and there was free wifi that worked okay. The hotel did have one free parking space available and we were able to have it for the night. The lady that worked at the front desk was helpful.

We had not been to Turin or northern Italy before but we found the area to be quite dodgy. I can't offer a fair assessment since I do hear from other people more experienced with Italy that this is just the vibe. However, we didn't feel safe walking around at 9:00 at night even in a group of 4. There were a lot of men just hanging around on the street looking at us and we saw no women anywhere. Nobody seemed to have an agenda other than watching us walk. We personally didn't like the location of this hotel, however, it may not be better anywhere else! Stick to the main street, it was okay, and seemed trendy. Not the side streets!

If you stay here do not miss this restaurant: Urbani Ristorante is just next door. It is beyond good. Words cannot describe and make sure you order the appetizer buffet! This made our stay at this hotel totally worth it.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room that does not face the street below or it is very loud at night. Terrace r...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
saskatoon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The room was good for Italy. Good location to metro. The bathroom was clean with a very nice shower but we would have liked a room with a tub. The free wi-fi came on and off. Very small fridge. Breakfast was very disappointing. Lack of choice, same items every day, canned fruit, hard croissant, very little or non-existent meat and cheese, no matter what time we went to breakfast. The person working at breakfast touched the food with her bare hands! Air conditioning worked but not very well. The balcony overlooked residences. They did let us check out late for a very nominal fee which was very appreciated. The front desk staff seemed very gracious. Good place for 1 or 2 nights if you do not care about breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

After looking at the pictures again after our stay, I see where they were taken, but they don't do this place justice! The picture that appears to be the front of the hotel; actually the corner down the street. The spacious bathroom; actually no bigger than a closet. The absences of working lighting was pretty bad, but at least I didn't have to see all the stains others mentioned! If I really thought about the cleanliness of the sheets or carpet, I would have run as fast as I could. But, I figured its only one night. Bad service, no one was helpful. Seedy neighborhood; my dad was pick pocketed outside on the corner. Didn't bother with the breakfast it was so bad, we ate at a rest stop on the autostrade instead. Although they claim to have, No AC, just a fan blowing around hot air. Couldn't sleep with the windows open because of the noise from the street. Shower had no enclosure, so water splashed all over the toilet.Detailed receipt? No, just indecipherable scribbles on a scrap. Oh, the parking they offer: 10 euros to park on the street or 18 in a garage down the street.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed at Due Mondi with a friend for one night on the return from a skiing trip. Overall, I was pleased with the room, but was very let down by the lack of service during breakfast. Poor choice, no interest in us as patrons and a general feeling of not being desired to be there made us feel very unwelcome.
If you only stay the night without caring too much about breakfast, then it is a nice hotel - mainly because of the location, which is perfect for the Porta Nuova station!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Mosta, Malta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Having stayed here for 1 night with a friend, I can gladly say I was overall quite satisfied with this property. I travel to Turin to watch the local football team Juventus Fc, therefore my stays are normally relatively short. This property is very central, 2 mins walking distance from the Porta Nuova train station, and 15 mins walk away from the main shopping area, Via Roma, and the surrounding Piazza's. I found the reception staff to be friendly and helpful. The twin room was spacious, and had enough storage space for a few nights. The room, & the ensuite, bathroom were clean, towels and soap were provided, electrical plugs were available, and the tv was in good working condition. Wifi is available at a charge of 3 euro for 24hrs, however I managed to connect with another free wifi detected in the area. The only downside to my room was the fact that it was on the main street side, therefore there was a bit of noise, however, it did not really effect my sleep. Unlike what other's commented, I found the breakfast to be quite good. There was a selection of 3 different tea's ( English b'fast, camomile, & lemon tea), an automated coffee machine, which included everything from espresso to hot chocolate, they also had 2 juices. I enjoyed their tea a lot, and the juice was refreshing. With regards to food, there was a selection of 4 different pastries, croissants, 2 different types of ham & chesse, as well as a selection of bread, including french sliced. Being one that is used to having b'fast in the morning, I found this one to be good enough, considering what I paid. I will definitely be staying here again in the near future.

Room Tip: I would opt for a room that is not on the street side, however, the noise isn't too bad, and sho...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Due Mondi? Share your experiences!