“No friend here” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Outdoor seating
“No friend here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The hotel where i was staying had no internet. The man at the front desk suggested this place when i asked about dinner and wifi to catch up on work. The hostess was 'too busy' to show me to a table and told me 'singles sit at those tables' pointing to the tables in the hall leading to the main dining area. I sat for five minutes with my only interaction with the staff being another person confirming i was alone before taking the second setup away. No menu. No drink. No welcome.

So... I left. I will not return.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Kent, Ohio
“Awesome, go there. Now.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have been to Amici Miei several times and always have the same great food and over-the-top fantastic service. Btw the name means "my friends" and refers to a movie of the same title and the place is very aptly named. When I say "great service" I mean they treat you like you are an old and dear friend who just gave them a wonderful surprise by stopping by for a visit. I mean they don't give you the double cheek kiss but it stops just short of that. My friend whom I go visit in Turin is from Naples where pizza originated, and she will only go to Amici Miei for pizza in Turin, even though it is across town. It's that soft chewy stretchy crust, not the thin brittle crust or the big glumpy doughy crust, and all the ingredients are fresh. I got a pizza for takeout and ordered a beer while I waited at a table outside. My pizza got done so fast I wasn't done with my beer and the guy voluntarily said he would keep the pizza hot for me while I finished my beer. They're just really nice, not fake nice, real nice, and the food is great.

Visited January 2013
Bologna, Italy
“Excellent salad-nice pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I really enjoyed my lunch there. My pizza was ok, the salad was very very good and my tiramisu had too much cacao. At least for me! Not all of the stuff spoke in english but this is not a real problem. They were also very quick and friendly. I would go there again.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Athens, Greece
“THE place for pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Was there for a business lunch. Quick service, ecxellent pizza and good prices.
I was impressed by businessmen sitting on the floor while waiting for a table!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sliema, Malta
“great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Must say that we had a great meal. Great choice of Pizza, pasta and meat dishes. I opted for a mixed grill of meats, and the choice was superb. Some of us had pizza, which was very light and tasty, and others had pasta, cooked the perfect Italian way!!
Ambiance and decor is modern and stylish. Service was great and very family friendly. A must when visiting Turin

• Visited October 2012