“Loved the style, concept and food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Obika Mozzarella Bar, Brera

Obika Mozzarella Bar, Brera
Via Mercato 28 - angolo Via Fiori Chiari, Milan, Italy (Centro Storico)
+39 02 8645 0568
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,455 of 5,333 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Pizza, Bar
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Buffet, Late Night, Dessert
Neighborhood: Centro Storico
Description: Obika Mozzarella Bar is a casual contemporary Italian dining concept which offers the freshest buffalo mozzarellas and a wide range of traditional products and recipes including artisanal pizza.
Nuremberg, Germany
“Loved the style, concept and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I came at 15, as I was hungry and did not have lunch yet. I had seen the place the day before and now wanted to try it out. I was told it was all you can eat buffet, but just until 15.30. I decided against it and asked what time the have a la carte and the waitress said from 15.30 and said it would be fine for me to just stop by then and no need to reserve.
When I came she immediately came to me and gave me the table of my choice. It was still sort of busy and people kept coming.
Service was good and again as so often I did follow their recommendations and was pleased with it. Service was at times a bit slow and forgetting things, but still quite professional and friendly. The food, truffle salami with a recommended mozzarella was very tasty and the portion ok. It is not a huge portion, but was enough for me.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
Hong Kong, China
“Food came so slow for happy hour”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

We came at seven for appetivo and little food came , the mozeralla quality is so so, we left at half past eight for cafe Milano with grumbles in heart, a very unsatisfactory experience

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Beautiful food with a view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This is a great lunch place where you have the opportunity to try different kinds of fresh mozarella - I will definitely recommend to try the smoked one, which you might not be able to finish since it is very distinct, but also very good. There might be a line to get seated, so don´t be in a rush. Get a glass of red wine to go with the tasting-plate, as well as some dippings and fried veggies and you are set to go with bread and olive oil on the side.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bern, Switzerland
“Unimpressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

After hearing the hype and reading about this place, we decided to try it. The online menu listed several salads, but the menu at the restaurant did not. When we inquired, we were simply told this is the new menu and there are no salads. The mozzarella was good, but there was no way to determine which was which when served. The grilled vegetable plate contained only three types and they were obviously grilled ahead of time and then simply warmed a bit before serving. This resulted in soft and mushy leftover type veggies. There was a line of bread baskets behind the bar to be served after your order was taken. When a table departed, the basket was placed back in the line and the residual bread was redistributed to other baskets to create a full one. Not a practice I would call sanitary. The wine list was on the small side and not all wines listed were in stock. Overall, we were left unimpressed.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Direzione M, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Obika Mozzarella Bar, Brera, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear customer,
we're sorry to read that your experience in our Obikà restaurant has not been particularly positive.
To provide an excellent service to our customers is one of our main goals and we apologize for any inconvenience you've experienced during your visit to our restaurant.
Thank you for your report. We inform you that we are carefully checking your feedback.
Best regards.
Obikà Mozzarella Bar - Marketing and Communication Department
Taormina, Italy
“First class Mozzarella”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was my first Obika experience and I loved it. We have been over-eating (a lot) in Italy and are now craving good but relatively light food. We both had a variation of the Mozzarella plate and they were both really beautiful. The Mozzarella was first class, the tomatoes fresh and ripe and the baby spinach on mine, along with the pesto complimented the dish really well and made for a wonderful and satisfying lunch washed down ( sounds crass but you know what I mean ) with a crisp Pinot Grigio. The waiter was really lovely, attentive but not overly so, and the rest of the clientele seemed to be relatively local. The great thing about Milan is that one day you can have this modern, concept, type dining and tomorrow you can be picking from a wholesome Genovese menu. I'm happy to recommend Obika to anyone.

• Visited November 2012