“A superb restaurant in Milan” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“A superb restaurant in Milan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Il luogo di Aimo e Nadia is a very special place where you can have a unique experience for your senses. We suggest trying the "tasting menu" matched with the relevant choice of wines. Everything was perfect, the dishes in perfectly pairing with excellent wines, the impeccable service and the atmosphere.
Of course, a top experience entails a...top price to pay. But it is worthwhile, no doubt. We will come back.
Check out the website to have an idea about the place and the menu.

81% Recommend
Helsinki, Southern Finland, Finland
“Best dinner we've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We had the tasting menu on a Friday night. All in all, it was the best dinner any four of us has ever had, and we're quite seasoned foodies, with experience of all kinds of restaurants on all continents. Definitely worth its two Michelin stars. This is what Italian fine dining should be like: refined and sophisticated, but still simple, crystal clear in thought and execution. Especially the main course and the dessert blew us away. The tiramisu intepretation was a taste explosion and in combination with the Sicilian dessert wine, unforgettable. A nice touch was the selection of coffees after dinner, the Haiti Komet espresso was actually the best coffee I've ever had!

I'm really happy that I have eaten here. My only regret is that I don't speak Italian, so I didn't have a chance to discuss the food with the owner.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Corfu
“Worth travelling to Milan for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

On Friday 23/02/13, I met my oldest friends here for a dinner planned one year in advance. I had some some research, and read about il Luogo di Aimo e Nadia- and I am so glad I did. Slightly out of central Milan (€1.50 metro or €20 for a 4 person taxi), the space and atmosphere the dining room offer is incredible.

We were very well looked after from start to finish. Arriving early and cold, we were quickly seated despite the staff being on their break, given prosecco and some exquisite tasters. A deep fried olive, some sundried red pepper, some crisp bread with a sweet marmalade. These were perfect at whetting our appetite, I'm quite sure we wouldn't have said no to more!

The wine list is extensive, and you could drink like a king here. My brother discovered a love for red wine on our one night in Milan- and we all agreed that what we had (although we can only remember it now as an italian red (!)) was the best we've ever had..

The waitresses, waiters and maitre'd were all impeccably presented and polite. We toured the kitchen, fell in love with the bathroom. and people watched- the room filled with patrons of Milan fashion week and what looked to he premiership footballers. It has the buzz off a local restaurant but the class of one in the trendiest capital on earth.

Bread and olive oil even managed to excite, the oil is very mild, letting the bread sing. We opted for a starter or a pasta, followed by a main. Each was executed to perfection. My brother, with his italian beer in a glass, was told off for trying to order pâté then red mullet, and advised to go for a perfectly cooked venison dish. He did, and was totally happy with 'the best food (he'd) ever had'. I had the Etruscan vegetable soup, followed by cuttlefish with squid. I didn't want either dish to end. They were visually beautiful, imitating the modern art on the walls and chairs. Other dishes our group loved were the pigeon, the simple spagetonni, the pork. Each dessert was heaven; and just when you thought you were full, the bill was accompanied with even more little treats (perhaps to sweeten your taste before the bill).

The food is expensive- but well worth every euro. We flew in on Friday night, dumped our bags, headed to Nadia...and returned the next morning (via an evening at Una hotel and a morning in the lounge at Linate). I cannot emphases how much this restaurant is worth the flight- which can be super cheap if you book ahead. The company, the food, the restaurant..it combines to easily become one of the best evenings of my life.

Thank you to everybody who made our trip so memorable.

Tel Aviv, Israel
“A strong candidate for the top restaurant in Milan!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I had the great pleasure of dining once again at this very special place, a little away from the center of Milan, with two colleagues who are also very close friends. What a wonderful experience. The restaurant, owned by a maried couple for over 50 years, is a must for any food lover coming to this city. We could not resist the tasting menu - which provides great value for money and offers a wide variety of dishes - each unique and made to perfection. We were lucky to meet the two owners and have a discussion with them about the place, its histroy and the source for the food they are serving. When diding there, try to see Aimo and talk to him about the place - it will add to your dining experience. Can't say enough about this place!

Oud-Heverlee
“Very good price / quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

It was my first time in this restaurant.
Very friendly maître d'hotel.
The food was well prepared.
Some original dishes.
I recommend this restaurant highly.

• Visited January 2013