We stayed there for 1 night in September, on our last night of 2 weeks in Italy.
- walkable distance to Dome and other nearby locations
- upon checking as members of SLH we were upgraded to Junior suite which was on the top floor, had a lovely outdoor terrace
- car parking was in a neighborhood of 30EUR per day, which we only found out when checking out of the hotel
- breakfast is served in the dark basement, very average, especially for the price
- internet in the room didn't work. We had to call front desk twice to inquire about it. After the second time we were told it doesn't work with Apple computers and the only way we can use internet is downstairs in the lobby. So, if you have Mac, iPhone, iPad - be prepared to sit downstairs
- on a day when we checked in they had a photo shoot going downstairs in the lobby, so there was nowhere to sit, every time we wanted to get in/out of elevator, we had to climb over a model and cameras. It felt like we were always in their way intruding, nobody even apologized to us
- I wouldn't normally mention something like that, but for 300EUR a night we were disappointed that wine glasses in the room not only didn't match, but half of them had IKEA logos
Doubt we will be staying there again, there are plenty over hotels in Milan who offer better service and make their customers welcome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Petit Palais is a jewel of charme in the autentic centre of Milan. Really close to the exciting Corso di Porta Ticinese and just few steps from the famous Duomo Square, this seventeenth-century residence represents a marvelous example of the old Milan's genuine elegance.Hotel Policy:Please note that all guest’ bookings with the period of stay from September 1, 2012 onwards must pay a city tax of 4 Euros per person per night (for a maximum of 14 consecutive nights) directly to the hotel during the check out.Please be kindly informed that this is an additional charge and it is not included in the room fee.Please kindly note that the breakfast is a traditional homemade Italian breakfast buffet ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Petit Palais Hotel de Charme reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.