“Bed bugs galore!” 1 of 5 stars

Via Lario 40, 20100 Milan, Italy   |
Ranked #416 of 432 Hotels in Milan
“Bed bugs galore!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

I would just like you to know how absolutely disgusting this "hotel" is! It's actually a slum of a hostel, nothing near a hotel. I can't sleep after I found bed bugs crawling all over my clothes and on the bed I was GOING to sleep on. I'm just sitting here in this hell hole until it's light outside so i can safetly go somewhere else and get the hell out of here! I've emailed pictures I took of the numberouse bed bugs i found on the beds, pillows and walls to the hotel's contact email listed on my confirmation but I think the rest of the world should be warned about this of this dump! I also let hostelbookings.com (who I booked it through know). Perhaps they will practice some corporate social responsiblity and consider dropping them as a client.
I would love to pick up and leave but as a single female traveler it is not safe for me to do. So here I am stuck sitting in a chair with nothing to do but itch, spray the pests with rubbing alcohol and take pictures of this disgusting place to use as ammunition to make it clear what a disaster choosing this place was as I watch the time go by. I'm exhausted, discussed and disappointed that businesses like this exist. It's a shame.
Oh, and the one shared bathroom smells like wet dog.

• Stayed June 2011

Families
Business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

The worst accommodation we have ever experienced. Rooms and bathrooms were dirty, strong sounds carried from street to rooms and there was really cold. Luckily we had double bed so we survived the night.

And don't believe the promises of all the services they offer. There isn't virtually anything they tell. And it is seriously overpriced!

As a bonus location is rather good. Metro is closeby.

• Stayed November 2010
Kaunas, Lithuania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

The hostel schocked us. We stayed here for 4 nights (we took 1 triple and 1 quadruple room as we were 7 people) and all of us were in horror about the condition of this hostel. There was no heating at all, the rooms were cold and we were sleeping with our jackets. The hostel and especially the bathroom needs major repairs, because it has lamentable spectacle. Rooms had bad smell and often there were no toilet paper in bathroom. The bathroom has a window ant it was always opened, even at nights, when the temperature outside was +3 C, so the washing in the bathroom was extremely cold. Living rooms was not better: every second lamp was not working, electricity sockets too. Even wardrobe in our room was broken. It is the worst place for staying in Milan

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Alicante
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2009

This place was just awful. After an hour we cancelled and left. They would not give us our money back even though the worker had said we could moments earlier. There was rust on the sink/toliets and hairs on the sheets. The pillows were yellow from use. We went to another hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Brazil
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

Worst experience ever in an italian hostel!! Horrible place, rude non-italian speaking staff, composed by the chinese father (non-english speaker) and son. Dirty room, bronken window and TV, without mention the non-human conditions of the bathroom. I should have slept in the dog´s house in their garage... it might be a better place than the room we were.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Lario Hotel? Share your experiences!