“Good economical Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #256 of 427 Hotels in Milan
India
“Good economical Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

For me its good value for money hotel in Milano.
The area and surroundings are good.
I took a bus from train station to reach here.
The Train station also very near by.Walking distance.
The staff was Ok,not too much interaction.
Overall in Milan,I comment good hotel for a day or two.

Regards
Ashish

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from Milan, choose the Mignon for its location and I was right. 5 mins from Parco Sempione. Within easy walking distance of the Duomo and most of Milan's superb sights. As a short stay base the Mignon is very good. Spotlessly clean the rooms are basic but adequate. The only thing I would say is if you have trouble with stairs this is not the hotel for you, it has no lift. Never bothered me but it might some.

• Stayed September 2013
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

When I stayed at the hotel at was pleased with the experience, the owner appeared to be nice, so imagine the surprise when I got back home and noticed that my credit card had been charged twice. I tried contacting the hotel but I was not successful...so I had to go through my credit card company to get the charges reversed, still waiting on that. So in the aftermath the experience turned out to be AWFUL!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Cardiff
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2009

I have recently returned from hotel Mignon in Milan and to say it was an experience is a bit of an understatement. We got an airport bus into the central station and a taxi from there to the hotel - I wouldn't recommend getting from the station to the hotel using public transport unless you're already familiar with the buses/trains as it is quite easy to get lost.. you're looking at around 10 euros in a taxi..
Upon our arrival, we tried to check in but was informed by the owner that our booking with Expedia had been cancelled - not by us but by him, with no explanation. He told us that we could either upgrade our room with an added fee as the room that we had booked wasn't available anymore, or move to another hotel. He was very rude, and when we tried to find out why our room had been cancelled he got very annoyed and started to storm off, telling us to find another hotel. As this was our first time to Milan, and being 3 21-year old girls who don't know any Italian except hello, how are you, this was beyond frightening. We decided to stay at the hotel as we didn't know where any others were.
Our room consisted of a double bed and a single bed,with an ensuite. The room was pretty large with a large bathroom. The sheets were changed on the third day of our stay. When we were getting ready one night to go out to a nearby restaurant, we received a phone call from the owner, informing us to please speak 'slowly' as we were disturbing other residents. This is near enough impossible as one of us was sleeping and the other 2 were getting ready really quietly. It was only 7pm!!!!
You have to give in your hotel key every time that you leave the hotel, which we didn't have a problem with, however one day after we arrived back to the hotel after breakfast we were told that the room was already open and we didn't need a key.. and he was literally not lying, it was wide open for anybody to walk into and take anything as there was no member of staff in the room or outside it.
There is currently building work going on in the building next door which is absolutely horrific to say the least. It starts at 7.30am sharp in the morning and goes on all day until 5pm. I haven't got a problem with getting up early and exploring Milan, that was the whole point of our trip, however 7.30am in the morning is more than a little extreme when you are sporting a hangover and someone is practically knocking the wall next to you down.
Overall the hotel is clean and the rooms are a reasonable size. If we didn't have the problems with checking in and the constant building work next door, it would of been great. However, the hotel is cheap and there are a great couple of restaurants nearby. It's not far from the 'disco' (clubs) - you're looking at about a 20 minute walk - ask for the 'Old Fashion' - Robert Cavallis restaurant is there and you can mingle with the locals in the clubs. We were quite nervous before we arrived as many people said that it was very far out of town. It really isn't!!!! You're looking at about 15 minutes on the bus to the centre, if that, and the buses and trains are very regular. If you ask for directions for anywhere, locals will say that it is too far to walk and either to get a bus or a taxi - for a 15/20 minute walk down the road - literally every single person said this to us. Honestly, save yourself the money and just walk, it's so much nicer!!!
I would recommend this hotel if you're only staying for a couple of days and you plan to make the most out of your days in the hotel, however if you are planning on sleeping a little longer than 7.30am and wanting to talk after 7.00pm then give it a miss!!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Jerusalem
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2006

The hotel is not located on any metro lines but is close to a bus and a tram which will take you to the center of town, train station, or metro line. The room and the bathroom were very nice and seemed pretty new. Both very clean and pleasant. Staff very nice and very helpful to someone who had no idea what to do for a stay of one evening in Milan. Two problems: The room had an old dusty kind of smell to it that I often find in hotels in old buildings in Europe. That could be resolved by opening the window but then I could not sleep from the noise, as the occasional motorcycle going by is often enough to keep you awake. If I closed the window, the smell of the room made it hard to sleep. Also, the room was extremely hot (it was a very hot day/night in July) as I decided not to pay the extra 5 Euros for the Air Con which I regretted the whole night. So anyway I would suggest that you pay the extra 5 Euros for air con and this is really a decent place to stay if you don't mind that old building smell.

Stayed June 2006
Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2006

Rooms are clean & quite
There is no Breakfast even if its written in the web!
There is no elevator - I had to climb up 3 floors with two suitcases!!!
It's cheap and good for a short satying in Milano.
There is a Supermarket nearby.

The area is 30 minutes walk from the center and I found the transportaion difficult to manage with

• Stayed May 2006

Been to Mignon Hotel? Share your experiences!