“LIARS, CHEATERS, ADDICTS!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #398 of 427 Hotels in Milan
Manila, Philippines
“LIARS, CHEATERS, ADDICTS!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

What a nightmare! It felt like we were in the movie TAKEN. We booked this hotel for the Milan Fair last year. We had booked 2 rooms for a 5 day stay. We arrived 10 am and the man at the reception table was like a teenager who had just gotten out of bed. He did not entertain us for a good 30 minutes and was just talking on the phone. Finally when he got our booking sheet he again made us wait for another 30 minutes because he couldn't find our reservation. After 1 hour he said he will take care of fixing it and we should just go and tour Milan and by the time we get back everything would be arranged.

We got back 10 pm after a full day of touring and we still did not have a room. He was not telling us what the problem was. He kept on saying that he will find us a room. By 12 am we were still at the reception area. He said they had over booked and that all hotels in Milan were full but they were going to find us one. He even said, "Well, at least when you get home you'll have a story to tell your friends." What?!!!

At 1 am a man who was half drunk came screeching into the drive way. They said they would split us up into 2 cars, girls on one car and boys in the other! Of course we did not agree. We decided 1 coupld in 1 car and another couple plus 1 girl in the other car. They did not tell us where they were taking us. On the road they were drag racing with each other and blastin loud music and talking to each other through the open windows when at a red light. The driver in one of the cars was groping his girl friend on the front seat and kissing her! We really felt like we were going to be shot and killed.

We finally arrived in this building that had broken windows and scaffolding. They had found us a room in some guys house! They just crammed 5 beds in a room with no lock. The shared bathrom had broken windows and tiles and was filthy!!!

It was 2 am at this point and we had no choice but to stay in this awful joke of a place. We were so afraid for our lives. The whole night sexual noises were coming from the room besie us! We just piled all our luggage against the door of our room so we could have some kind of protection.

The next day we were lucky enough to find an apartment to move into via internet. THIS IS THE WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE!!!! The management of the hotel just left us for dead and did not care! I had booked this thru hotelbookers.com which is a very reputable site. At least hotelbookers was gracious enough to refund what we had paid.

This establishment should be closed down. Do not make the mistake of booking here.

Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
Palmerston North, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010

I would never recommend this place to ANYONE
The staff member was completely rude and disappeared completely several times, he was smoking inside despite no smoking signs throughout the building.

There was no heating in our room and despite several attempts to get the smoking guys attention, the heating never came on. He did claim to have called the technician though.
We had a broken shower and no hot water, and although he did offer for us to shower in another guests room (.....) we decided not to take him up on this offer, prefering just to escape from the freezing room altogether

The hotel itself is very far from anywhere, and the streets around the area didn't feel very safe to walk around.

Made for a very disappointing trip and would never ever recommend to another living person

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Bellingham WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

It is a hostel, when booking at places like this you get what you get and I do not complain when the price is so cheap.

It was very difficult to find but seem that everyone gets lost in Milan -- even the locals. I felt that my things were safe there and the staff was helpful, the best espresso I had while in Milan was at Greko.

The breakfast was of croissant and coffee, little toasts and jam, just fine for what I was expecting. The internet worked well and it was nice sitting out front in the shade while working on my computer. I met many great people there and will stay in touch with them in the future.

One thing that did bother me was when someone came into the hostel in the morning and started yelling at the employees the opened the door to my dormitory room and continued to yell at the staff. The language was not my native language so I am not sure as to what they were saying but by the time I got up all seemed alright.

My stay was what I expected.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
paris
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

Price are interessting but even too expensive for the value of this hotel
Not a good place, far from city center, with just a few public transportation...
The hotel was very noisy, some groups were drinking and screaming just in front of the hotel all the night.
The staff was awfull, one of them looks like Valderama and was quite frightening...

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
uk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2010

Not as described at all. Very very low quality for money, unsafe as well.
Avoid if you are with family.
Absolutely not as described.
No comments is the KEY to all answers.

Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Merida, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

Many of the features advertised about this place (at least on the Hostelworld site), which actually is not a hostel but a 2 star hotel (positive point), are non existing such as the "free Wifi in lobby and room" (there's no WiFi at all, only ONE internet CABLE for all the guests!) I did not get a free map since they dind't have any. Breakfast is very poor; not only very small (2 mini toasts, butter, jam and cookies) but also nothing is fresh and everything is company packed including the mini toasts. No fresh bread (I didn't get any "home made crossaints"), no milk or anythiing else to drink; I got a milkless coffee only after I asked for one. Far trip from the train station and even further away from the main sites. The only thing that saves this place is the cleanliness (pretty much spotless and everything seems to be brand new) and the feautures inside the room: color TV, desk with chair, night tables and closet, and my bathroom had a hair dryer, soaps and shampoo. No personal lockers (you can leave your valuables at the check in desk) and no common room, except for 4 mini tables with chairs right in front of the check in desk where they serve breakfast in the mornings. A positive thing I have to say was that I booked an 8 bed room with no bathroom, but for some reason they placed me in a 6 bed one WITH bathroom, so I'm thankful about that :)

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo

Been to Greco Hotel? Share your experiences!