“Very nice location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #107 of 432 Hotels in Milan
Bangkok, Thailand
“Very nice location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

First time in Italy for my family. The location is very very convenience for travelers. Just few steps can reach at Duomo, Galleria Emanuele II also Corso Vittorio Emanuele shopping street.
The hotel has just been renovated from the old building. But when I was in, feel like brand new. The design is modern style.
The other good thing is free wifi to the room.
The low point is bathroom. I got shower which has only rain shower. So, recommend to wear shower cap. The surface and room is made of brass with bad smell when first move in. But after an hour it is OK.
Overall, my family like it. The reception desk is very nice and helpful

Room Tip: book the bath tub bath room.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Dear Silavat,

thank you very much for your review, I completely understand your feeling coming in a
new brand Design conception instead of a classic hotel.

Just to let you know, we are a complete different new hotel, we have not been refurbished, we just opened 7 years ago.

We would like to say thanks to your fmily too, for appreciating our hospitality and hopefully to welcoming back in Milano again,

best regards

hotel manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Memphis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

We visited Zurich, Como, and Milan on our last trip to Italy and chose Hotel Straf as our Milan property. The hotel is modern, chic, and stylish which is just what we expected from Milan. The staff were all amazingly friendly, helpful, and thankfully spoke great English. The location is just around the corner from the main Duomo which puts you right in the heart of Milan and it's amazing city. To top it off, one of the best places to grab a quick drink is right in their very own (and extremely popular) bar. I highly recommend this hotel and have added this to our list of favorite places. Our room had a massage chair which was an unexpected and highly appreciated bonus. Great job guys!

Room Tip: Request a room with a massage chair.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Dear Dupont2traveller,

I do not have enough words, to thank you very much, first at all top of our list, it has been recorded in you prefereed list.
We feel proud about a reward as your is, we are working hard and it is difficult in do not making mistake or we always try to be on the top for everybody, but we know that's not easy and it can not happen.

Thank you for the compliments made on our Top Bar and once more, thank for letting share us the real energy to continue and continue doing this business.

We deeply hope to meeting you next time again, we remain

Best regards

Venice
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

I had the chance to stay at the 'straf' 3 times recently, and always enjoyed it very much. I love the style of the hotel, very 'design' and with an admirable search for the detail.
I love its position, close to the Duomo and easily convenient both by subway (2 lines) and other means of transportation.also, in a fantastic area if you like both art and shopping.
I love its staff: extremely professional, young and full of enthusiasm.when I stay there I ask the reception about swimming pool, locations etc. and they are always answering with precision and a nice smile on their face.
I love its breakfast. which is varied and satisfies all...
I love the wonderful necklaces made in Mali and sold for charity. wonderful idea, really!
when I go to Milano, I would never stay somewhere else!
thanks to all...and see you next time!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Dear Serandrei,

I want to thank you again for the lovely words left, it is nice being appreciated in that way, it give power and makes feel better at the end of the day.

We all in chorus want to share with you our success and once more being glad for the review.

Grazie Mille

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

When traveling for leisure I do my best to match the Hotel with the overall feel of the area while keeping commute to a minimum. Hotel Straf was a great choice for Milan. The hotel's location is perfect for touring Highlights the city has to offer and the sculptural feel of the hotel echoed the vibrancy of Milan.
The Location is perfect and the boutique hotel atmosphere makes the stay feel private.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
StrafHD, Direttore at Hotel Straf, responded to this review, May 20, 2011
Dear RLNYtravel,

Thank you very much for the pretty suggestion sent, it is nice to hearing and being considere in the way you did.

Hopefully to meeting you again and again and welcoming you personally, we remain

all my best to you

Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

We stayed one night at the Hotel Straf during the Easter weekend and had a great time.

The location of this hotel is perfect: close to the main tourist attractions, and close to the shopping district.... Rooms are comfortable in a modern and sparse kind of way, and the bathroom is very special. I can understand if the design of the hotel isn't everyone's cup of tea (minimal, concrete, copper, industrial tones,..) but we liked it, esp. for a city trip.

Certainly pass by the hotel bar! We discovered that they offer complementary canapes after 5pm, a very nice gesture. Take a seat on the window ledge (not to worry, there are cushions), it's a perfect spot for people watching.

One other thing about this hotel, service: very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

very hip, great staff, really close to culture and shopping, what else do you need in Milan? oh yes, breakfast was delicious
Rolf MB Paris

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
StrafHD, Direttore at Hotel Straf, responded to this review, May 9, 2011
Dear Rodolphe,

thank you very much for the positive suggestion, I will share your gratitude with all my staff.

I look forward to welcoming you personally, if you might let me know, we remain

best regards

yours max
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

I just spent 1 night there but staff was very friendly and efficient. Room service and housekeeping were great and quick. Girls at reception were hepful and very kind. Superior Room Decoration was original but I had no view. Not a big issue as I was on business trip and needed something quiet. Location is great.

• Stayed March 2011
StrafHD, Direttore at Hotel Straf, responded to this review, April 11, 2011
Dear Boly,

thank you very much again, I have been looking at your pictures during your business travels and I have seen very chic and beautiful hotelrooms, an huge lobby.

Receiving a compliment of yours, it has a lovely gratification, therefore me and my staff are sharing it, with pleasent gratitude.

Hopefully you will be visiting us once again, and with the hopeness to meeting you personally, please allow me to inviute you and thanking you one more time.

Best regards

hotel manager

Been to Hotel Straf? Share your experiences!