“Beautiful Hotel - Perfect Location” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Book Early & Save
Ranked #2 of 432 hotels in Milan
Chicago, Illinois
“Beautiful Hotel - Perfect Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

During a trip to Italy, we spent two nights in the Park Hyatt Milan and thoroughly enjoyed the stay. The hotel is literally in the center of the old part of Milan, walking distance to the Duomo and multiple cafes and gelatterias. The service there is second-to-none. Lucca, who walked us to our room and showed us how to use the shower, TV, etc was delightful. The concierge desk did everything from booking train tickets to recommending out-of-the-way restaurants to visit. If your travels take you to Milan, look no further.

Room Tip: The interior rooms overlooking the courtyard will be nice and quiet. However, the exterior facing r...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
GorkaB127, Direttore generale at Park Hyatt Milan, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice review.
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and were satisfied with our services.
Looking forward to welcoming you back!

Warmest regards
Gorka Bergareche

712 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Indonesian first
Sydney
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I had a phenomenal experience at Park Hyatt in Buenos Aires so thought I would have the same experience in Milan. I was "upgraded" to a Deluxe room which I must say was extremely nice. However, the room was an interleading room and the walls were like paper. Having just arrived from Sydney, I wanetd a good nights sleep. Unfortunately my neighbour was on his phone from 3.00am and I could hear everything. Really not what you would expect paying $1,000 per night. I left for an early dinner and asked for a turn down service while I was away. Came back - not done. The next day, I came back to my room at 3.00pm for a rest. The room had not ben serviced. That was the last straw. next time - Four Seasons or a cheap hotel where you would expect this quality service!! In addition, the air conditioning was pretty average oo!

Room Tip: Don't take room 408 even if they give it to you for free - you will hear what Channel your next...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have becomes accustomed to Four Seasons and Ritz Club Level service over time. I think the St. Regis is trying to get there in Florence. I just don't think the Park Hyatt is going to reach that level in Milan. I get why everyone one from Departures Magazine to Travel and Leisure love this hotel - it is sleek, sexy, modern and has a great location. Yet, when you scrape that away, I think it is lacking in service and accommodation. The room is large enough for a deluxe, but has an odd arrangement. Why does modern have to be so? They give you a good amount of water and offer an automatic espresso machine in the room. The gym is again just decent. Spa looked pretty cool. The larger piece of techno gym equipment, however, was broken. If you are going to have an all-in-one machine, I would suggest that you make sure it works. There was, however, enough space there. The location is great - plain and simple. You are next to Galleria, Duomo and all the major shopping areas. Location alone could be reason enough to stay. I also enjoyed smoking, eating and drinking on the patio outside. It was very nice with a good selection. The staff in the restaurant/bar were very good and accommodating. I though the check-in process was odd, but it could have been the hostess that did it. I also found the concierge not as helpful as those in Venice and Florence. I just felt that the other went out of their way and extended themselves. This hotel felt a bit more like a 4-star hotel. One example, we were told that all viewing of the Last Supper were sold out without much help of trying to go another route. While I just accepted this, my wife went on the Milan Card website and found a 1:30 booking on Saturday to see the masterpiece. I would expect a hotel (where you are booking two rooms), to attempt to work every avenue for you or suggest such avenues. I find that a bit weak and makes me simply think this hotel is one step from other top hotels. Another example was for breakfast, We arrived at 11:05 or so for breakfast. The normal buffet was entirely still there and I know were were a touch late. Immediately upon sitting, we were told that the buffet was done and we would have to order off the menu. I don't care at all because I do not have the package and would have probably done so anyway. By the way, we were looking to move quickly. Yet, I find it a bit troubling that we were not offered to check the buffet out for a quick bite. For example, I did the same thing in Venice and the Danieli had no issue with me grabbing my selections and moving on. I get that they do not want people asking for more food when the cooking is done, but staff should either be able to assess the guests or make a point to offer it. I have walked into the Ritz Club with the entire area cleared and the staff (more than once) has gone out of their way to bring me something to take care of me. i just think that the difference of service with the Park Hyatt brand. All that said, the location and feel of the hotel certainly help alleviate some of these problems. I also don't love the modern styles of hotels. Would I stay again? Yes, but I would probably try the Four Seasons first.

Room Tip: I think they are mostly the same - get a deluxe room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Gurgaon, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

The location of this hotel could not be better. It is right at the main square of Milan.
The room was spacious and the decor was very nice. The staff was attentive and polite. We ordered room service, it was promptly presented and the food was wonderful as well!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto,Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Just came back from 3 nights at the Park Hyatt in Milan. This was our 4th trip to Italy in 5 years and our first time staying in Milan. The Park Hyatt is in a perfect location next to the Duomo and a very quick walk to the shopping district. Since we were away without the kids we loved the peace and quiet that this hotel provided. The service was great from the concierge who helped arrange tours, dinner reservations, train tickets and packed up our purchases to make it easy to take them home to the desk staff, restaurant staff and the masseuse who provided a massage.

Yes the hotel is extremely expensive but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

In the spirit of being succinct this is what I really liked about the hotel:

Regarding the Design: the public spaces were nicely appointed and did have a sense of warmth and quiet luxury; filling the travertine with black was a beautiful touch; the carpets throughout were also nicely done; the bar was lovely and the outdoor seating was great; I really liked the dark bronze (or black) ball chain at the windows, the rooms had a great shower and I'm not always a fan of rain showers (though those darn shower controls are always hard to figure out); the custom light fixtures in the rooms were pretty though a little out of scale.

Regarding the Service: everyone was generally friendly and for the most part accomodating, the bar staff members were of particular note, the Concierge went out of his way to make recommendations that were quite helpful.

Regarding a couple of other items: Of course the location is great being near the Galleria and Duomo, the toiletries and accessories in the room were quite nice and useful especially the docking station which didn't require any sort of adaptable device, the Simmons mattress was a delight and the linens and pillows were great, the lighting in the room was pretty easy to figure out and had a nice quality to it, I liked how clean the bathtub looked.

This is what I didn't care for at this property and yes, I'm being hyper-critical:

Regarding Room Design: I didn't care to have the mini-bar and "closet" located in the bathroom, I thought the bathroom counter space was really small and it felt like there was lots of clutter in the bathroom overall; those panels over the windows in the room did not look as expensive as I am sure they were - kind of looked like plastic laminate - I was also afraid I was going to bang my head on them or scrape my back on them as well - they also seemed like overkill considering the windows were rather small; I thought the banquette opposite the bed was rather useless since you couldn't see the television, and while the design of the table desk was nice again there was no place to hide any "stuff" in a drawer so everything is out and looks cluttered, I didn't get the little "glass case" on the wall next to the desk.

Regarding a couple of other items: The seating in the Lobby from which they serve breakfast really doesn't work that well for dining, having the antiquities in glass cases in the car park area seemed rather odd.

Overall, yes of course this was a great property, and yes of course I would stay here again, though it's not my favorite Hotel in Milan....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

What to say?
From the first step to the last everything is simply perfect.
Warm welcomes from the bellboys to the receptionist.
The atmosphere is a mix of luxury peaceful and elegance.
Cocktails are amazing.
Difficult to find better.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Park Hyatt Milan? Share your experiences!