“Faultless?” 5 of 5 stars

Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #3 of 426 Hotels in Milan
“Faultless?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Rare to find anything wrong with a hotel but I cannot make a single criticism. Good location, excellent attentive staff, well equipped spacious rooms with a feeling of luxury, brilliant bathroom with separate walkin shower. Great breakfast. Really excellent

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ceccherelli, Direttore generale at Park Hyatt Milan, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are very honoured to read such a beautiful review and happy that you enjoyed your stay with us!
Thank you for this kind comment that encourages us to continue working with the same passion and dedication.

Claudio Ceccherelli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Indonesian first
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

When we stayed slightly over a year earlier at the Park Hyatt Milan, we couldn't explore the city, because it was raining the whole time. We decided to have another two nights stay on points this January 2013.

As always we organized a limousine transfer from the airport. Our driver was the same as in November 2011. We recognized each other immediately. The journey was smooth in the Mercedes E-Class and took around 25 minutes from Milan Linate. The price was up from 120 Euro to 135 Euro (ca. 162 USD to 182 USD).

Check in was quick, and we were greeted as returning guests. As such we were upgraded to a Deluxe Room on the highest floor. We were told by the receptionist that there are mostly suites on the higher floors and our Deluxe Room was one of the few available on higher floors. We were accompanied to it, and on the way got a refresher regarding the dining outlets and services the hotel offered. The member of staff explained the features of the room. After that we were left alone.

The elevator system has changed. You now have to swipe your key card when entering the elevator. It only stops on the floor where your room is located.

It was clear that the room belonged to a suite and could be used as the children's bed room or the nanny quarters. It was medium sized and had a king bed, chairs, a writing desk, table and flat screen TV with national and international channels. The room was understated, but felt elegant. A lot of marble was used.

To our surprise we also had a small balcony. It offered great views over Milan. There were also two chairs and a table. We loved to go out and enjoy the mild weather and the views. The neighboring suite had also access to the balcony. On our first night nobody was staying there, so there were no concerns about privacy. On the second night it was in use.

The marble bathroom was large - as big as our bed room - with Laura Tonatto toiletries, a sink, separate bathroom and rainforest shower (there was also a handheld shower) and a separate room for the toilet and bidet.
The mini bar, wardrobe and safe were also located in the bath room.

There was a slight difference between the bath room layouts we had in 2011 and this one. The entrance room's was smaller and when entering the bath tub we had to climb in front, at the Deluxe room's we were able to enter the more traditional way from the side.

Overall the room was very comfortable, especially the bed. Minor gripes were the uncomfortable back rests of the chairs and that the taps of the bath tub and shower were difficult to use, i.e. switching from the hand held shower to the other tap or when turning off the water and then on again you had suddenly too hot or cold water, because the temperature regulator moved with the tab.

Turn down was provided each night and included two bottles of still water.

During our stay we had lunch at La Cupola Lounge and in room dining. The hot chocolate, smoothies, juices, risotto, Veal Milanese, omelet and French Toast were delicious. The quality was high and the prices fair.

All staff was friendly, efficient and helpful.

Time to check out arrived too quickly. The invoice wasn't correct, but the wrongly charged item was removed without quibble. Otherwise the the check out was fast and pleasant. Our driver and limousine were already waiting for us and within minutes we were on our way to the airport.

Of course we are going to return at some stage, it's a beautiful hotel.

Would we recommend this hotel to a friend? YES!
Would we return to this hotel? YES!

Room Tip: We had a Deluxe room on the sixth floor with a balcony, great views over the roof tops of Milan, tak...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ceccherelli, Direttore generale at Park Hyatt Milan, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your beautiful and detailed review!
We are really very happy to read such a positive comment and we are pleased that you enjoyed, for the second time, you stay with us!

We are already looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I are Hyatt regulars, we're both Platinums in their membership scheme (and in and out of Diamond territory), and earn a fair number of points every year, mostly at mid-range properties for work trips. So we try to 'splash out' when we use our points and decided that two nights at the Park Hyatt Milan would be a great weekend away. The other two Park Hyatts we've stayed at have been phenomenal (Paris Vendome several times, and Saigon), so hopes were high.

The location is excellent. The building is beautiful, and the rooms are nice and comfortable. We were in a standard Queen room, which was small but still had an enormous bathroom, which is something I really value. Excellent shower and large bathtub compared well to any other hotel I've stayed in. Nice smelling amenities.

There were a few things that I found a bit off. Perhaps it was a culture thing, but it was hard to say. Getting it out of the way, I'm an American woman, and I know Europeans can tend to find me a bit bossy (so do try to moderate as appropriate). However, this is a high-end international hotel chain, and so it was surprising how I felt like I never received service as good as that which my husband received.

One small example-- we had tried to find the nearest BNP Paribas ATM to get money out of, but the website was based on neighbourhoods, which we weren't familiar with. While my husband went to the front desk about another matter, I went to the concierge to ask them the location of the nearest BNP Paribas ATM. They told me four other banks, but not a BNP Paribas. I explained that it was in-network, and I really wanted to use that bank, and they were pretty condescending about the fact that there were SO MANY other ATMs around nearby. They finally reluctantly noted on my map where there was one, without looking online. So of course there wasn't one where they marked. It was odd, but I wouldn't have thought anything of it if it weren't for the second incident.

My husband had used the gym the first day we arrived, and was raving about the locker rooms and spa including a hot tub and sauna. We decided to go down together, sit in our respective locker room saunas and meet in the hot tub at a certain time. Except there was a note on the women's locker room saying it was closed for construction, and to see the front desk with any questions. I managed to get his attention before he changed, and we went back to the front desk. They seemed absolutely puzzled as to why this seemed problematic, and suggested that I could change into my swimming suit in my room, and then come down in the lifts in my robe (really?! this is supposed to be a classy joint!) They then couldn't understand why I didn't think this was a fair or equal experience to my husband, who got to enjoy the sauna in the men's locker room. I got pretty ticked off and gave up, and went back to the room. Husband stayed down there, and talked to a manager, who apologized and said he would follow up with us, and would "do something" to make up for it (that something was unspecified). When my husband reported this back, I basically snorted and said that I would believe it when I saw it. Sure enough, not a peep from the manager or any even token gesture of apology that the spa and locker rooms were closed for women the entire time we were there.

Maybe it's because they knew we were there on points and obviously not millionaires, but the service from pretty much every person in the front desk and concierge area was way below what I'd expect from any Hyatt, especially a Park Hyatt. The one exception was a woman who checked us out and was very friendly. Maybe they should promote her!

My bottom line is that I wouldn't ever pay rack rates to stay here unless I was sure I would receive better service. Based on what we paid (nothing), and how nice the room and location was, I'm giving it 5*. If we'd paid what they generally charge for that room and received the same service, it would be 2 or 3, probably, but it's impossible for me to separate out the service we received from what we paid.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ceccherelli, Direttore generale at Park Hyatt Milan, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Madame,

We thank you for your comments and we are happy that you overall enjoyed your stay and liked our hotel.
We apologize if our concierge was not able to give the right directions of the bank you were looking for, as they misunderstood with BPM.
Regarding the Spa, during that period the women changing room and steambath were closed for refurbishment and they were moved to the Private Spa Room where obviously you found other people.
We hope it didn't completely spoil your stay with us and we are already looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

This was my first experience at a Park Hyatt. I was looking very forward to this stay because I've never heard a bad thing about this particular brand of the Hyatt chain. I must say I was blown away by the level of service of the personnel. The staff always called me by name, there was a turn down service in the evening and the concierge went out of their way to ensure our requests were seen to. The room was very well apportioned with marble walls, beautiful decor and a bed that nearly kept me from seeing any of the beauty of Milan. The bathroom was also quite impressive with a rain forest style shower head as well as a detachable second head. There is Wi-Fi available but I believe it is a separate charge unless the guest is a Hyatt rewards member. I can't say enough about the location of the hotel. It was just steps away from the Duomo (famous church) in the center of the city. The "centro" of Milan is the heart of the city from which everything emanates and to be able to stay there makes sightseeing a snap.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Ceccherelli, Direttore generale at Park Hyatt Milan, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your beautiful review!
We are very happy that your first experience in a Park Hyatt was a memorable one and that you had a nice stay with us!
I'm really proud of your nice comments regarding our staff that is the most beautiful compliment that a General Manager can receive.
Kindly be informed that Wi-FI is available in all our guest rooms and in the common areas of our property and it is free of charge for all our guests staying with us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed at the Park Hyatt Milan in December 2012 on a business trip, and the hotel offered absolutely everything we needed, and more. Located in the very center of the city within the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, the hotel was perfectly situated for our trip.

Rooms were of fantastic quality, with a huge bathroom with tub and waterfall shower, with all the amenities you would expect. Excellent nights sleep and rose fully refreshed!

All the staff were extremely courteous, without ever feeling overpowering. Made use of the very knowledgeable concierge to request some tips on where to go out for the evening after dinner, and he duly obliged with excellent local knowledge.

Ate in their newly credited Michelin star 'Ristorante Vun', and can duly see why the star was given. Chef came out to talk with our group and made us all feel very welcome. Sommelier also gave some excellent advice and gave a great service.

Will sure to return on any future trips.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Ceccherelli, Direttore generale at Park Hyatt Milan, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your kind review.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated our property in all its aspects: from the location to the service to our VUN restaurant.

It is a real pleasure to have such a wonderful guest like you and we are already looking forward to wecloming you back soon!

Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Being a Diamond Hyatt Member, we are used to what to expect at the different Hyatt properties. Based on the TA rating, we were very excited about staying at the Park Hyatt in Milan and chose to spend four nights there over an extra night at the Four Seasons in Florence. Let me say, that the Hotel in the main is very good, however, was lacking in some simple areas which we would not expect at a Park Hyatt. On check in, our Diamond Status was not recognised until we advised them. At breakfast, three out of four days, I was served luke warm/cold eggs and sides which were ordered a la carte. On other days, items such as orange juice were forgotten. We ate in the Michelin Star rated restaurant and found some service staff to be exceptional, in particular the Sommelier, whilst others were disinterested. In the room, they failed to replenish coffee cups one day and wine glasses the next. On check out, we advised Concierge an hour before departure that a driver was picking us up and our bags were collected well in advance of the time, however, when we exited the property, our driver was waiting and the bags were sitting in the port cochere. On the positive side, the Concierge staff were usual Park Hyatt, extremely knowledgable and helpful and the bar staff were brilliant, remembering what we ordered the night before. Am I too critical, maybe, however, we regularly stay at all Park Hyatt properties in Australia and would say that based on this stay, Milan could lift its game. I would, however, stay here again when next in Milan as the location is second to none.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor as we were located on the first floor and the noise woke us every morning.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Ceccherelli, Direttore generale at Park Hyatt Milan, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your kind review and for your comments extremely useful for improving our services.
Thank you also for your wonderful words regarding some of the concierge and restaurant staff and we apologize if some others gave you the impression of not being helpful.
Rest assured that since the opening we have been trying to provide the best service and attention to clients.
We really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon and show you the real level of our service!

Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in Park Hyatt Milan on January 2013. The location is perfect, next to Galleria, near from shopping area, easy to find restaurant. The room was big, clean and very nice. Complimentary fruits, chocolates, pastries and a bottle of champagne on arrival. The service was excellent. Everything was nice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your kind review.
We are very happy that you spent a perfect stay with us!

Claudio Ceccherelli

Been to Park Hyatt Milan? Share your experiences!