“Definitely not 4 star and don't bother asking the front desk for anything” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Zefiro Hotel

You added Zefiro Hotel to your Saves list
Zefiro Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via G. Gallina 12, 20129 Milan, Italy   |
Ranked #381 of 432 Hotels in Milan
london
“Definitely not 4 star and don't bother asking the front desk for anything”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

When I arrived, I wasn't expecting anything spectacular as it was only 45 euros/night (didn't opt for the breakfast). Room was clean, free wifi - you get what you pay for. The staff at the front desk aren't over helpful, but they'll answer your questions (granted, you ask the RIGHT questions). However, this is where is takes a turn for the worst. I noticed on the back of the street map (printed by the hotel), there was the metro map, and there was a direct metro line from 'Dateo' to 'Malpensa Airport'. Great, I thought I could save the hassle of getting to 'Centrale' to catch the Malpensa Express. To confirm, I checked with the front desk employee the night before my departure. He said 'yes'. I asked 'how long?' he said 'one hour', I asked 'and just one line? I don't need to change trains?' and he said 'no'. So that was that. Next morning at check out, I thought I should still double check, and again, they said it's a DIRECT train line from Dateo to Malpensa. I set off to the metro station, and being a Sunday, of course, there was no staff working in the metro. I looked at the ACTUAL metro map and there is NO direct line - you have to change about what looked like 3-4 lines, and even then, I couldn't purchase a ticket from the machine because it didn't accept my 20euro note. After 20 minutes (of my allocated 60 minutes to get to the airport), I decided to leave, cab to Centrale Station and get the Malpensa Express. Long story short - I made it on the flight, but BARELY. Don't ever ask the front desk for information, do your own research.
Oh and the walls of the room are very thin - I could hear a man snoring the whole night!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Greek first
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Adequate as a 2-3 star hotel and at 75 euros b&b OK, but definitey not 4 stars. Poor breakfast - everything average and fruit juice disgustingly sweetened. No seating area in bedroom apart from the chair at the dressing table, no independently controlled aircon and the walls were paper thin. Our next door neighbours' TV might as well have been in our room. Our door rattled whenever anyone else shut their door. Our toiletries were not renewed for our second night. Our double bed comprised two mattressess and two bases pushed together. The bases were considerably narrower than the mattresses and so there were dips in the centre and at both edges, leaving you with the alarming feeling that you might fall out of bed. Nor did our sheets fit properly We will definitely find somewhere else next time.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

I booked through a website that showed this hotel as 4 star and price as 220 Euro per night reduced to 80 Euro per night. Well, it is not 4 star by any stretch. I felt I had been misled by the website in question (not this one). I moved from 2 star at 70Euro per night thinking I was in for a 4star room at 80Euros. In fact the 2 star Hotel was better. This one is worth 50/60 euros per night, it could never charge 220 Euros, not for long anyway. Its fair enough as a cheap hotel, but do not think you are getting the 4 star rating as shown. I rate average value at 60 Euros.
THe restaurant is outsourced, so not actually part of the hotel, it is better run than the hotel andf again only a cheap place, but value for money.

Room Tip: rooms at the back are quieter, do not expect A/C all the time, the hotel has total control. If in th...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Best hotel I've ever stayed in,in Italy..highly recommended.,good value..4 star..breakfast was as good as any other 5star hotels.

• Stayed March 2012
Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

It's an ordinary 3-stars hotel (I don't know why it's rated as 4-stars). The breakfast was basic and they cooked really awful coffee. Our room was larger then we expected and clean, but had a slightly cigarette smell. But it's ok for a short stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

I have stayed there for 4 days. The hotel is acceptable in general even the rooms and especially the toilet could be larger. I was lucky to get a room with a very large balcony that helped a little. The wifi was OK all the time and it was free. The breakfasts were also better than expected with scrambled eggs, fresh ham and cheese. The coffee they served was also very good. In 2 words: if you looking for the cheap hotel in a very calm place Zefiro will definitely fits all your requirements.

• Stayed January 2012
Florence, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

By far the worst hotel I've never been in my life. The fact that it still had available rooms during the Milan fashion week should have been an alert in my head, but I still booked a double room and tried it.

Dirty, old, with poor furniture and terrible bed. Me and my wife couldn't sleep well any of the nights we stayed there.

Just do yourself a favor, choose another hotel!

Room Tip: As far as I've seen, all rooms have the same TERRIBLE and OLD furniture. Just choose another hot...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Zefiro Hotel? Share your experiences!