“Excellant customer service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Visconti Palace

You added Grand Visconti Palace to your Saves list
Grand Visconti Palace
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Viale Isonzo 14, 20135 Milan, Italy (Formerly Grand Visconti Palace Milan - MGallery Collection)   |
Ranked #27 of 432 Hotels in Milan
Certificate of Excellence 2014
dorset
“Excellant customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Have just returned from a weeks stay. The Hotel rooms are very clean and customer service is exceptional nothing is too much trouble and the staff are all friendly, from the cleaners to reception staff.
I have a medical condition that means I need to have window open at night in order to sleep.The first room was very noisy with the window open but we asked to move rooms and fortunately another room was just being vacated.so we were able to move. Thank you Debra for that, and the advice and local knowledge from both yourself and Antonola ( forgive me if I have spelt your name incorrectly). I feel the hotel was good value for money and enjoyed the choice at breakfast. If I had to give one piece of constructive criticism it would be regarding the shower head that gets the floor wet. But everything else spot on. I would recommend this hotel and would certainly return if I ever visited Milan again as its location is excellent for sightseeing etc.

Room Tip: avoid a room near the trams and main road if you need a window open
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Yvl, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Grand Visconti Palace, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Zoobsmum,
Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Grand Visconti Palace, your opinion is important for us. We are glad we were able to meet your needs and satisfied your requests.
We hope to welcoming you back soon, we will make sure to give you a room overlooking one of the courtyards in order to keep the window open.
Best Regards

Concierge & Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We had a great deal on this elegant hotel, breakfast and spa included, so we got real value for money. Our room was spacious with hardwood floors, bathrobes and coffee facilities. Rooms are noisy though. Breakfast was extensive and very well catered, I only missed my hot chocolate milk. The spa was nice and clean; pool requires swimming cap which can be purchased for 5€. As far as the staff goes, I felt almost everybody was friendly and made you feel welcome, but 2 younger girls at the reception, although professional, were not the smiling types.

It was unfortunate that upon our arrival on Friday the hotel hosted a scientific seminar where a speaker was doing an extremely lively and loud presentation. Our room (1st floor) appeared to be right above the seminar hall and coming from a very early morning flight, it was extremely annoying that we couldn't relax in our room without hearing this guy. We notified reception and they sent somebody to our room to "check" the noise, but unfortunately no solution was offered.

Hotel is easy to reach by M3 yellow line, metrostation "LODI TIBB", which is around the corner with easy access to the main tourist stops, 8 stops from Central Station and 4 stops to Duomo. In the area around the hotel are some very nice and budget friendly restaurants and compared to some areas in Milan, this is a very clean, safe and more upscale area of the city.

Don't forget to take into account that you get charged a 'tassa di soggiorno' of 10€/per night/per room in the hotel and that (almost) every restaurant in Milan charges you a 2€ service charge per person. Just so you know ...

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor overlooking the courtyard
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear 1Ja-JA,
we would like to thank you for your kind feed back, we are glad overall you had a pleasant experience. We are sorry we were not able to offer you an alternative solution when you reported the problem of the noise due to the loud speaker, unfortunately due to the big event you have mentioned, all the rooms were occupied otherwise we would have immediately offered a room change. Our aim is to provide our guests with the best comfort and relax for this reason we hope to be able to welcome you back in order to pamper you in a nice silent and cozy room.
We would like to specify that “Tassa di soggiorno”, (city tax), is a Milan Council tax that is mandatory for all the hotels, here it is € 5,00 per person per night.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Best Regards

Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Nothing special. The staff is mostly unfriendly, the beds mediocre at best, the breakfast buffet is tired and standard, coffee for Italy is really poor, the shower head sprays all over but not on me. Elliptical machine was broken. Exercise room very stuffy. This is an edifice of a nice hotel but lacks all of the touches.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Yvl, Responsabile reception at Grand Visconti Palace, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Good morning Mr Marksil2,

We are extremely surprised to read your comments, in fact, as you can see from most of the previous comments, our staff is one of the positive reason of why they choose to come back and our breakfast buffet has improved a lot adding in quality and variety.

By reading the title of your feedback, we are wondering if you stayed with us before and we are sorry you did not mentioned anything during your stay, we could have fixed at least the shower head.

As far as the exercise room, it is a cosy space which includes the main machines, as for instance, the elliptical machine which will be fixed shortly, being the only thing you mentioned at the check out time.

We value all the feedbacks, whether they are good or constructive complaints as they are very important to keep improving, therefore please do not hesitate to contact me or the management to discuss your opinion further.

Kind Regards

Debora B

Hook
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a weekend in Milan with my mother and couldn't have picked a nicer place to stay. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the location is very handy for the metro with just 4 stops to Duomo, breakfast was ample but best of all was the service. We felt thoroughly looked after and Tamer in particular could simply not have been kinder. If we ever go back to Milan, I know where we're staying...

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Good morning Ms KateW,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback.

As you said our location is very good, closed to the centre and quite at the same time.

We are very proud of all our staff and we are glad to know that the Grand Visconti Palace Hotel would be your choice for your next stay in Milan.

Kind Regards

Debora B

ayr, scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

My wife and I have just returned from a 2 night stay in Milan. We selected the Grand Visconti Palace based on photographs and past reviews and were not disappointed. Our bedroom was large, nicely decorated and overlooking the garden area.
There is a lovely reception area with plenty comfortable seating for those wishing to use wi-fi which is free in this area. (There is a charge for in room use!).
Breakfast is not the most exciting but is more than adequate. There are a couple of recommended restaurants within easy walking distance of the hotel. We particularly enjoyed the Trattoria. The concierge will give you directions and make advance bookings. We visited on Saturday night and it was already very busy at 20.30 so it's safe to book in advance!
If you fancy an aperitif before dinner, try a small bar called The Sailing Ship. It's in the opposite direction from the hotel to the Trattoria but only 100 yards from the hotel and worth a visit.
We checked out the pool and spa in the hotel but didn't use them. It looked good but was deserted. Hotel guests pay 10 Euros for the use of the pool which may deter some people.
All the staff in the hotel were excellent.....as friendly and helpful as I can remember in any hotel I have visited.
If you plan to visit Milan, the Grand Visconti Palace is a great choice.
(I recently visited Rome and stayed in the Visconti Palace Hotel there. I assume it is part of the same group. It also was excellent so, if in Rome, book there!)

Room Tip: Ask for a recently refurbished room.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Yvl, Responsabile reception at Grand Visconti Palace, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Good morning Lesl,
thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. For your next visit you can book directly with us a superior room which is the category of the refurbished ones.
As far as the access to the Spa it is includeed when a suite is booked.
Just to let you know, we are not part of any hotel chain and at the moment we do not have any sister hotels in Rome, but two others in Milan.
We are looking forward to have you here at the Grand Visconti Palace Hotel again, where our concierge and all the rest of the staff will be very happy to assist you in any queries you may have.
Kind Regards,

Debora Bonati
Thetford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

What a fantastic hotel, I would have expected to pay a lot more than we did with Amoma. com. The rooms were a good size with a huge bed (which for me was a little hard) and lovely furniture. There is a mini bar but the prices are VERY expensive, however there was room to put your own bottles in the fridge if needed.
The bathrooms were beautiful with over bath shower + hand held shower, toiletries were supplied as well as the use of bath robes and even free slippers! A turn down service was included where we found a towel placed on the floor next to the bed to wipe feet before getting into bed. The sheets were clean each day of our stay. Staff were very helpful and friendly.
Breakfast was good with a choice of cereal, yogurts, salad, fruit, cold meat, cheeses, bread, rolls, pastries, bacon, eggs and sausage balls and plenty of juice, water, tea and coffee. Our hotel booking even included free tickets to the swimming pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna which was lovely. The hotel also has a spa. You do need to wear a swimming hat if using the pool which are not supplied but are available to purchase.

We flew into Bergamo airport and took the airport bus for 5 euro each (I think you could buy a return for 9 euro) which takes you into Centrale F.S. You can get these buses from any of the airports. Then buy a 48hr Urban ticket from the machine for 8.75 euro. DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AS US AND BUY FROM A KIOSK AS WE ENDED UP PAYING 13 euro each which included a discount card which we did not use. Take the M3 yellow line to LODI T.I.B.B from here you can walk to the hotel. The whole journey took under 2 hours. The travel ticket will get you on any train, bus or tram. Duomo which is the main tourist area, is 4 stops away on the yellow line. It is a lot more expensive to eat and drink in Duomo but a great place to visit with all the posh shops you would expect to find in Milan! Drinks are a lot cheaper away from Duomo and some places even supply snacks with drinks.
We had a fantastic break and would definately recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I am not sure there would be any bad rooms in this hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Yvl, Responsabile reception at Grand Visconti Palace, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Good afternoon truthfulf,

thank you for your lovely feedback.
We are glad you find a good deal on the web, bearing in mind that as a returning guest you can also book directly with us and we will offer the best available rate.
We are happy you had the time to enjoy our buffet at breakfast and our health club and we hope you will come to visit us again,

Kind Regards.

Debora Bonati

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I am not sure why there are two separate lines for Tripadvisor for this facility Grand Palace Visconti and Visconti Palace, but I'll choose this one; I am sure they are both the same, may be a question of a recent change in ownership? May be something for management to look into as one of these lines of comments has over 1000 and the other over 600....curious....

I snuck into my husbands travel bags last week; he for business me for fun. I really liked this hotel, (or should I say palace) its got alot of marble, a kind of 'you know you are in Italy' feel to it, highly professional front desk personnel , men and women with ties on great outfits, loved the room, the fabric on the wall, the little sitting window the excellent bath products, the super clean excellent in room service (housekeeping)...i find less and less hotels offering top class service with the little linen bathmats putout in the evenings, slippers and all the fab bath products (even toner and makeup remover) i must be in italy :) When they realized we were two not one a very lovely lady was quick to add addl robes, bath items pillows etc. loved it

I loved the choice at breakfast and who can complain when you have free flowing cappucinos, none of that push the button crap....this is what life is all about. Great selection its kind of a big scary room lots of WHITE but perhaps i was there on a slow day, the choice is great but it is not what i would call cosy...thats not what a palace to be so no problem there though

a possible weak point? Juices, and well as good as the coffee is in italy i have no idea why hotels have really low quality juice but helas you can expect the same here. For me it was no issue and theres lots of choice along with fizzy and flat water but it was something my french husband missed. Again this seems to be an italian thing. There always seems to be lots of fruit but morning juice tends to be the botlled pre packaged type

I know its silly but I loved also the little welcome packet written in english and italian explaining how they chose this facility when it was built and what is important to the owners in terms of presentation, quality and customer satisfaction (again another item i seem to find less and less of in hotel rooms)

I was a little under the weather so did not get a chance to check out the pool or spa area but I imagine that would be fabulous as well and so nice to have as many of the people who stay here are business travelers.

However the best part was the absolutely terrific service from the Concierge who helped me organize one of my most favorite European city solo days ever. Grazie mille for your help, we shall be back. And, who knows maybe I will get to meet that handsome Maestro at La Scala (private joke between me and the Concierge) :)

Room Tip: ours was quiet and had a little window turret. I am not sure but I would think rooms that face the...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Yvl, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Grand Visconti Palace, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear WTravelGirl50,

Thank you a lot for your very detailed description of your experience at Grand Visconti Palace.

You did chose the correct one in order to leave your feed back as the other one you have mentioned is located in Rome and does not belong to the same owner.

We are glad you have enjoyed your short Italian break and that we have helped you making it even more memorable.

We really hope to welcoming you back and pamper you again in the Italian style.

Warmest Regards.

Concierge & Guest Relations

Been to Grand Visconti Palace? Share your experiences!