“10th Anniversary Trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Visconti Palace

You added Grand Visconti Palace to your Saves list
Grand Visconti Palace
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Viale Isonzo 14, 20135 Milan, Italy (Formerly Grand Visconti Palace Milan - MGallery Collection)   |
Ranked #24 of 427 Hotels in Milan
London
“10th Anniversary Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stayed at the Grand Visconti Palace as part of a 10th anniversary trip in late September. The hotel is a good quality one with 5* service, we had a 1st floor room overlooking the gardens. The breakfast is good quality and the choice is exceptional. Make use of the spa and pool if you get the chance.

Our original plan was to go to La Scala but issues beyond our control meant we could not book online, up stepped Bernie and Antonella to the rescue, without their help our dream would not have been realised. They went out of their way to ensure that we were able to go to the opera after all. Whatever you require the 2 concierge’s will go that extra mile to see that your needs and desires are fully met.

Bernie e Antonella; Il Ros e la I sono eternally riconoscenti per tutti che abbiano fatto per noi, La Bohemme erano un sogno vengono allineare per noi entrambi e non li dimenticheremo mai. Siete i concierges migliori di gran lunga!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Yvl, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Grand Visconti Palace, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear London Dragons,

we are very much pleased to read your review and see how much you have enjoyed the Hotel and our services.
We are glad to have accomplished our daily mission, making our guests happy is our biggest satisfaction, therefore thank you for giving us the chance to assist you and make your stay special.

We will look forward to welcome you back soon to celebrate more special moments!

Best Wishes and Regards

Concierge & Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

We spent three nights here while visiting Milan and have no regrets. Breakfast is excellent, their posh (optional) evening restaurant was too expensive to dine in and the menu was limited, but the local area has good Japanese and Italian pizzerias for a spot of dinner. The wifi connection was sporadic at best but we were refunded fully for this part of the service and the staff were very helpful. I would recommend paying the extra for use of the spa especially if travelling with children as we used the pool and jacuzzi at the end of a hot day sightseeing and we loved it, as did our two-year-old son. Room was large and grandly furnished. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2012
Yvl, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Grand Visconti Palace, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Mrs. Patsygandango,
We would like to thank you for your input. We are very glad you experienced a good service and that our staff was able to successfully solve the issue with the Internet. We remind you that for any information regarding where to go for outside dining our Concierge staff is at your complete disposal for many different advices.
We will look forward to welcoming you back again.

Best Regards

Stow, Ohio, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I am so surprised by the negative reviews on this hotel. My husband and I were travelling with two other couples by train across Europe and we booked this hotel the night before our two day stay. I, also, was a little leary about some of the negative reviews I had read but we decided to stay at this hotel because it seemed the best option (price, ammenities) on such short notice. When we arrived, we were greeted by Tamur(?), the bellman, who was very friendly and helpful. The staff at the reception desk were very welcoming.

We were given room 416 which included breakfast, free wi-fi, 2 free drinks and use of the pool and spa. Our room was very spacious with a lovely marble bathroom and a view of some of the beautiful gardens. We travelled across Europe for 3 weeks during August, and the breakfast spread at this hotel was by far the best with a wide selection of fruits, breads, eggs, bacon, cereals, etc. The service at this hotel was impeccable; the staff was always very helpful and greeted us with smiles.

The hotel is located about 15 minutes from the train station (taxi was 20/euros for 6 of us) and very close to the metro station (within 2 minutes walking) making it very accessible to all of the tourist attractions.

We thouroughly enjoyed the gardens in the evening to relax and have a couple of drinks.

I cannot say enough good things about the Grand Visconti Palace. It was by far one of my favorite hotels we stayed at in Europe. The next time we are in Milan, this will be the place we stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Yvl, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Grand Visconti Palace, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Choujaa1234,

thank you very much for your fantastic review, we really appreciate your support!

Our main goal is to provide our guests with the best service and make you feel like at home, we are glad to see you enjoyed our “house” and our service and received the right famous Italian Hospitality!

We suggest you to keep looking at our web site in order to find the most suitable offer for your needs.

We look forward to welcoming you back again!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stayed in Visconti Palace in Milan for business in September 2012. The establishment is a good standard 4 star hotel in Milan. The service at reception was good and the room, if somewhat small, was comfortable with a nice bathroom. The gardens of the hotel are very nice and breakfast was good, if not outstanding - again the service was good. The hotel is not in the best location, somewhat in the middle of no-where, you can stay nearer into the centre for the same price if you are a tourist in town. Overall, I quite liked the hotel, the service was the best feature.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Yvl, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Grand Visconti Palace, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Mr. JamesA045,

we thank you very much for your kind review, we are glad you have overall enjoyed your stay with us.

In terms of location, we simply remind you that the hotel is situated just at about 3 minutes walking distance from the metro line direct to the city centre, that is reachable in about 10 minutes, only 4 stops. The area itself is not exactly city centre but easily accessible even by car (while in the centre you need to have permission, no parking, much traffic). It is a residential area where you have mainly everything in terms of shops, services, restaurants and gardens. The only things the area does not offer is Monuments or Museums except for the area of Porta Romana, one of the historical old roads, which is just 5 minutes walking from the hotel and where you have some Roman ruins & one of the various antic gates of “Mediolanum”.

Furthermore we have our Concierge service that can help you finding the best suggestions suitable to your needs.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kindest Regards.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Not even in my worse nightmares I could have ever thought that a four star hotel experience could have been so terrible.

To put this review in context, bear in mind that due to my work I spend 60% of my time travelling throughout the world and staying in different hotels.

Let me first start saying that this is my own opinion, and that perhaps I've just been unlucky when many others may have had wonderful experiences at this hotel. The hotel has a good appearance, rooms are tidy and neat, quite clean as well. Bed is comfortable and there is no street noise (at least on my room).

I arrived this Monday, during checking in I was told due to my companies special rate I had access to the swimming pool. I went straight there just to be told that my "package" didn't include access, I was asked to pay 10 euros while at reception I was told otherwise. After complaining they realised they had booked me under the wrong company name. Ok, first problem resolved. I go back to my room, start to have a shower when the lights suddenly go off. I'm naked, trying to find my way around the room to call reception, when I mention this they send someone almost running to my room to bring me another key card. Apparently the system had "disabled" me for some reason. Ok, these things could happen.

During the first night at 1am I start hearing beeping noises from next door, which wake me up. The beeps stop and I go back to sleep. At 3:45 same story. I call reception and they say that there's nothing they can do. From 5am onwards the beeping becomes unstoppable, every few seconds and without a cyclical pattern, beeps just don't let me sleep.

Next morning, without having slept properly, I complain to the manager and they assure me they would look into it and ensure this would not happen again either by fixing the issue or changing my room.

I return from a day at the office and they tell me I don't need to change rooms, the issue has been fixed.

Ok, Tuesday I sleep well, no noises so it seems like the issue was actually fixed.

Wednesday’s breakfast seems to be understaffed: nobody comes to offer a coffee. I can't be bothered with it, so I'll have one at the office.

Wednesday night I need to do some work from the hotel, no free wifi so I pay the Swisscom connection (12 Euros) only to find out that the quality is so bad you can hardly load any website.

Ok, “non ti preocupari” (dont worry), we just have few more days to leave so... let's just look forward to leave this hotel.

Thursday evening, I return from the office and I decide I want to go to the swimming pool. I arrive there and I'm told I cannot use it without a swimming cap. I obviously don't carry one with me and I'm offered one for 5 Euros. Absurd. Never heard that in any other hotel. Thanks but no thanks.

I return to my room and I hear few beeps from next door. I ask reception to look into it and they assure me the same beeping will not impact me again, so I go out for dinner.

When I return from dinner... I get in, tucked in the bed and.... BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!!!!!!!!! AGAIN! Lots of erratic beeps coming from next door.

So, right now it's midnight, I have complained to reception and I've been told there are no more rooms available (formula 1 this weekend in Milan). So here I am, connected to this crappy internet connection and without being able to sleep due to the beeps, hoping I will never ever come back to this hotel and knowing that I will ensure my company does not send anyone else down here ever again.

Room Tip: My room was not facing the main street, hence was quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Amit H,

first of all we would like to apologize for the issues during your stay, we fully understand your point of view.

We would like to make sure to inform you that the problem with the beeping was something extraordinary. After you have reported the issue, we have tried to have it fixed by our Hotel Maintenance but unfortunately it was a major problem that only the Company who provides us with the key system was able to solve. We are now able to ensure you this problem will not happen anymore.

Concerning the Internet connection, we agree with your disappointment for not being working properly. Whenever there is an issue with Internet our Front Office & Concierge staff at your disposal to get in touch with the 24-hour assistance multilingual service that Swisscom provides us with included in the rate of the voucher bought, they are usually able to solve the problem very quickly at any time.

The swimming cap is unfortunately an Italian law for all the swimming pools, therefore mandatory to have one. In fact the notice about it is clearly displayed at the entrance of the SPA. Whenever our guests do not have their own swimming cap the SPA shops can provide you with, but unfortunately no swimming pools in Milan give this equipment for free.

We have already informed our F&B Management about the slow service at breakfast, they will follow up in order to have more attentive staff.

We are really sorry about you having a bad stay, we hope we can have a second chance in order to provide you with our usual good service, the one stated in many previous comments and this time give you the best dreamy stay.

Thanking you for your understanding, we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Best Regards.

Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights in August with my sister and it was also her Birthday whilst we were there. The hotel itself is beautiful with lovely gardens and in a great location for both Duomo and Navigli. The staff were really friendly and went the extra mile on my sisters Birthday, sending her a letter with Birthday wishes and giving us a glass of Prosecco in the bar in the evening. Henry was fantastic behind the bar and told us lots of interesting stories about Milan and it's history and was just genuinely interested in us and seemed to love his job. All in all a great holiday and would recommend to anyone. Thank you for a great week.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Yvl, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Grand Visconti Palace, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Fiona87,

thank you so much for your lovely review, we are very happy our Hotel & staff made your stay so special! We will make sure Henry, at the bar, will be informed about your comment.

We will look forward to welcoming you back soon in order to celebrate your birthday too!

Best Regards.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Booked for 2 nights for a business trip. Hotel is well appointed and the room was nice and clean. Decor style is a little chintzy for my taste but was all relatively new. Breakfast was a bit shambolic with not many tables being relaid fast enough for the amount of people passing through. Plus service for tea/coffee virtually non existent.

Main downside was the service - they were slow to notice you, didn't come and check if you needed more drinks if you were sat in the much boasted of garden, it was hard to get people's attention in the lounge etc. They just were a bit slow and seemed a bit distracted all the time.

It was a bit of a shame as it made a nice hotel a little frustrating...

Room Tip: Book it through trivago to get a good deal...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Yvl, Responsabile reception at Grand Visconti Palace, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Alliekeith,

We thank you for visiting Grand Visconti Palace Milano as well as for taking the time give us your feedback: your opinion is important to us.

We have appreciated the remark you gave us and we we already passed on your comment to the food and beverage manager, who spoke to his staff in order to improve the service.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further assistance or any suggestion you may have to improve our service.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kind regards.

Debora Bonati
Duty Manager

Been to Grand Visconti Palace? Share your experiences!