This was the only hotel available for under 100 EUR a night for a double room during the early September 2012. We paid 50 EUR (apart from the 3 EUR city tax per person per night) for a double room and it was worth the money.
This hotel is outside the city in a residential area. To access the hotel, conveniently and quickly from Dumo/Central station, take M3 metro (yellow line) towards 'Comasina' and get down at 'Maciachini'. From 'Maciachini' change to tram number 4 towards 'Niguarda' and get down at Niguarda Nord. The hotel is on the right after a very short walk towards the direction of the Tram. Alternatively, you can take the direct but antique, back breaking, and slow Tram line 5 from Central station to the hotel.
There are bakeries, Pizzeria, and a Pub around the hotel. Most of them are reasonably priced and with decent food.
Hotel: The hotel was clean, the staff at the reception spoke English and were courteous. The staff in the breakfast room were also welcoming and nice.
Room: The room was very simple with tiled floor, a basic wardrobe and with clean bed and sheets. We had air conditioning in the room. The television was very small and from the 80s but we didn't watch it. The toilet was a bit small but clean. The room service was also efficient and good
Facility: Paid wifi and a PC with internet were available near the reception. There was also a vending machine inside. Breakfast was very basic. Three or four different croissants and bread with conficture, cheese and butter. Small packets of cereals and milk was also there. Apart from two different types of juices (flavored, not fresh) there was fresh coffee of your choice and dip tea available.
Don't care about the number of stars the hotel claim and get your expectations high. This is a very basic hotel bit far but well connected (30 minutes commute) to the city. One of the cheapest but clean hotels in Milan and totally worth the money you pay for the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Ornato offers excellent value and quality accommodation, with attentive hospitality and service. It is located in the dynamic Bicocca-Niguarda Area close to the new university complex, the Pirelli headquarters and the Arcimboldi Theatre. The Ornato is well connected by public transport: by tram it takes 20 minutes to reach the centre or the central station. All rooms have air conditioning , Internet WI-FI access is available (charge applies), private parking facilities (charge applies). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Ornato - Gruppo Mini Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centro Alberghiero Ornato Milan
- Centro Alberghiero Ornato Hotel Milan