“DREADFUL EXPERIENCE!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Il Baretto Restaurant al Baglioni

Il Baretto Restaurant al Baglioni
Via Senato 7, 20121 Milan, Italy (Centro Storico)
+39 02 781255
Neighborhood: Centro Storico
Hobart, Australia
“DREADFUL EXPERIENCE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

This restaurant doesn't rate highly on Tripadvisor for very good reasons and I wish we had checked TA before dining there on the recommendation of the concierge at Hotel Carlton Baglioni. With glee we looked forward to a fabulous Italian meal. The Maitre-d was an old man who was haughty and extremely rude - obnoxious! The food was average and in fact I rate it as some of the worst Italian food we have eaten world wide. I ordered the 'Osso Bucco', I ate half my meal and left - I couldn't stomach the rude atmosphere. There was nothing charming or enjoyable about this venue.

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Stockport, United Kingdom
“Why look anywhere else?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This restauant used to be located in the via San Andrea, but now is beside the Baglione Hotel.
It was quintilesimmo like a club in St James; it still retains some of that character under the watchful eye of Signor Ermano. It is true that there is no written menu; it depends what is fresh from the market; you will be politely steered towards whatever dishes suit you taste, and Ermano knows much better than the gastronomes which wines suit your dinner. I lust after returning there!
My wife and I have dined here for 30 years, and held my daughter's 21st birthday party there. In a word, it is superlative. Other than McDonalds, I can't imagine where the handful of people who don't rate this place 100% find to eat! Well done! Service impeccable.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Skip it!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012 via mobile

I chose this restaurant because it was recommended in the (usually on target!) wallpaper guide and open on Sunday. I found the atmosphere stodgy and the service obnoxious. It looks like it had been some sort of odd English themed gastropub that had recently been converted into a high end Italian restaurant. There are two rooms - smoking and non smoking. They are connected so you are going to smell smoke either way and the nonsmoking room is dark and in the back. The waiters were aggressive and old fogies who were just strange and uncomfortable. The food was good, but not worth the price and weird atmosphere. Skip it and go somewhere cuter like bagutta or el bice.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere