“Very Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #225 of 427 Hotels in Milan
Gloucester, MA
“Very Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Had a great visit at D'Este. Room and bathroom were quite large for a double. Hotel staff was wonderful and always helpful. Had a room away from the street but next to the elevator and never had any noise issues. Very comfortable and clean room. Decor was fine. Wifi service was great with no issues and it was included in room price. I don't see how this is considered a 4-star hotel though as there is no restaurant or bar in the hotel (plenty within walking distance) and also no gym. Breakfast was adequate but nothing special. If I was visiting Bocconi U again, I would definitely stay here. I didn't mind walking to town either.

Room Tip: Double rooms away from the street was perfect and quiet!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This hotel is close to Bocconi University, and only about twenty minutes by cab from Linate airport, but is not ideal for central Milan. It is in good order, the breakfast is fine, and there is free wireless internet in the rooms. The rooms are small but the bathrooms are much better than in many European hotels. Everything works and the multi-lingual front desk staff are helpful and efficient. the hotel is not cheap.

Room Tip: Higher up and at the back, as the hotel is on a busy street.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

In reading previous reviews I'm surprised that so many people complain about the size. Our room was spacious. That said, we did reserve a room for two adults and a child. The bathroom was large and well appointed, the beds were comfortable. I could have done without the somewhat old looking carpeting but my husband thought it was a lovely room. The lobby definitely feels as if it was decorated in the 80s. We were happy with the hotel overall. Nice enough breakfast (a few fruits, a few meats, pastries, juices), friendly people. We didn't have any issue with the people not being able to speak English, but at the same time I wonder why one would assume that people would, given that it isn't the national language? This was very conveniently located for my husband, who was doing some work at the university, but for my daughter and I it made for a bit of a trek into the center of town. Nothing insurmountable though. And the wifi worked for us. It seems that people are having very different experiences at this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room for 3 was very spacious.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Tel Aviv
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

if you're looking for anything close to value for your money, you are way off.
The neighborhood is creepy, the room was small (and badly decorated to say the least) and it had no wi-fi (like promised).
To top that, the service was awful, did not answer our concerns (some couldn't even speak English at all) and to sum it up, they left us with bad taste from Milan.
We recommend to skip this hotel in your search, if you know what's good for you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Milan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Very nice hotel, situated near the center of Milan. I enjoyed my stay there - my single room was small, but nonetheless very cozy, quiet, and clean. Worth the money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Ojai, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We reserved this hotel for a standard twin double for two adults (two twin beds). Upon arrival, the hotel said the reservation was only for a standard single bed room, and they had no rooms with two beds available.

As the hotel was unable to accomodate both of us as it was otherwise completely booked, I had to go to another hotel. I incurred a huge additional cost, and the inconvenience of having to travel back and forth between hotels to work with my colleague.

The misunderstanding between hotels.com booking and the Hotel D'Este in Milan was a huge and costly inconvenience. I will be formally filing a complaint and requesting that we are reimbursed for our additional expenses for the extra hotel we had to book. In addition, the room had no wifi signal and so we had to stay in the lobby to do all of our work as we require constant Internet connection.

Room Tip: No pool, no gym, somewhat sketchy part of town, no wifi signal.. be careful what room type you book...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Alpine, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

The rooms here were very small even for the European standard, however the hotel was clean and the price was cheap for Milan. I don't know that I would stay here again it was only on the recommendation of the client I was visiting because it's across the street from their business. The hotel staff was very nice and they gave me a great suggestions for dinner. The area where the hotel is located is not very nice and I don't know that I would be out on the street very late. Not the best trip to Milan, but thankfully it was only for one night.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hotel D'Este? Share your experiences!