“There are so many magnificent Hotels in Milan, why would anyone EVER choose Armani?” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Armani Hotel Milano

Ranked #12 of 432 Hotels in Milan
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Milan, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I live in Milan for over 5 years, so I consider myself almost local here now.
I know most of the hotels in Milan and stayed in most of them. I stayed in Armani this week since my friends were visiting and wanted to have this experience. I did not convince them otherwise, since a guest at Bamboo bar many times I never stayed in the hotel itself previously and wanted to try it.
Very familiar with Armani style one should expect infamous 'greige' color everywhere and a minimalistic style. Of course it's a matter of personal opinion but I believe in the hotel itself it is bizzardly overboard and depressing.
Elevators only work with the use of the magnetic room key, mine refused to cooperate for some minutes and I was closed in one of the elevators without moving anywhere till I pressed on door open button and tried the exsercise all over again.
After a check in in the lobby, you are taken in a limitedly litten corridor which seems endless and astonishingly identical all the way through to your room. The best way to describe it (came to my mind while walking) was a corridor of an underground garage, from cement where each door seems to be a car storage. In the room the situation in terms of light or setting did not improve much.
The bathroom was enourmos and somehow bigger then the room which was quite odd. The heat for some strange reasonable was very high, and the rest of our stay we battled with it. We tried to lower it with remote control, called reception numerous times trying to u understand what is it we are doing wrong. The end result was-we opened the window for a bit, but then had to close it since it was really cold outside those days. Opening a window was a challenge. During the night it was unbearably hot, we couldn't sleep I had no cover on and woke up with a distinct feeling of having crossed the desert. Drank 3 bottles of water during the process.
Room is minimalistic in style, gray and black everywhere, strange amount of doors with no handles, door to the room, isolation door, doors to closets, doors to bathroom, shower, corridor in between, by door 3 it starts to bug you, even if you have figured out a way to open them. I constantly fell like I am doing a crossword puzzle between doors, switches, elevators, exiting the room and finding the elevators in identical dark halls, and heat.
Additionally an astonishing thing (maybe we did not figure something out but...) was the pillows on the bed. They all seemed to be for decoration and none for sleeping. The ones that seemed the sleeping type judging by the size were dressed in the strangest very rough fabric almost like trench but worse, that I could not possibly put my face on. For a while I thought maybe other pillows are hidden somewhere, but no, we called the reception again and they did not advice us on the wearbouts of the other pillows and offered to bring new ones. After which they were not delivered for more then half hour. I called back again to see if they were on their way and finally they appeared.
When I read trip advisors reviews after my stay, and some individuals continue to talk of 'experience' I had a slight doubt that possibly they worked for the brand. Overall feeling at the check out: you have been visiting and staying in a very luxury jail and you are released.

CONCLUSION:
On the positive note: great bed, bed sheets, and new pillows, good view from the room, moderately pleasant staff, great location.
On the negative: unless you adore crossword puzzles and grey color everywhere, and unless the hotel is covered by your company, you can find so many amazing alternatives with the same location and same or better view. Some of the suggestions are: Grand Hotel Milan (next door, we ended up moving there for the reason of the heat), Bulgari Hotel, Principe de Savoy, 4 Seasons.

• Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Berlin, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

My Expectation were very high, but unfortunately the hotel service as well as the food & beverage quality (the worst margarita I ever hat in my life) did not met my expectations at all! Also my jacket which I got back from the laundry was damaged due to wrong handling by the laundry team! It seems that the management is saving on wrong areas which is a pity, because the hotel it self is beautiful and located next to the dome.......

The restaurant manager (during breakfast) was more than service
& quality driven, but he had to cover the service breakdowns by the
service employees!

Over all, not satisfying. Next time I probably stay with the other fashion brand who runs also Hotels.....

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We spent 5 nights in a premier room, they gave us a room on the 6th floor with a very nice balcony looking over the cathedral, fantastic view
Our room was prepared as requested, with the baby bed ready in the room, even the temperature was set to exactly to 22 as requested !
The beds & the towels were very clean and high quality,
The bathroom was fantastic, and amenities were absolutely superb
Defiantly 5 star experience

Stayed October 2013
Swansea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I was looking forward to my stay at the Armani hotel in Milan. We had booked two nights in a suite. We arrived and were taken straight up to reception which is on the seventh floor. It was a light area with lovely views over Milan. The staff were very helpful and welcoming the floor was a stylish black which unfortunately marked every time somebody walked on it and a little man popped out to sweep it.

We were then shown down some very dark windowless corridors on a lower floor, the walls appeared to be padded and one almost felt that someone was going to jump out and put one in a straight jacket. The lack of light and the colour of the design was quite depressing. The room doors had no handles everything was operated electronically by the room key card, which is useful.
The suite itself was large but bland, dark and decorated in rather depressing colours, there were no pictures on the walls and the view out off the window was something akin to a prison camp. Good wifi connection and a complimentary non alcoholic mini bar, if you required an alcoholic drink you had to order it.

The bed was absolutely blissful, the sheets were of a very high quality and the pillows extremely comfortable. The bed is not made with pillows, presumably for design sake, so if you arrive after a long flight and want to nap in the afternoon you have to find them in the cupboard.

The bathroom was large and had a good walk-in shower and large bath there was minimal toiletries available. The Armarni shower gel smell was quite manly. I never understand why a toothbrush and toothpaste is not available in these hotels since the restrictions of liquids in hand luggage. There was no body lotion on view, apparently I could've found in the drawer, I did look but I didn't find it. There was no magnifying make up mirror. The toilet floor was stained but clean.

All the lighting, the television and the curtains were operated from a remote control and from electronic panels built into the walls. If you are somewhat visually challenged and need glasses this is highly frustrating as you need to put your glasses on to read the lighting or the remote control. What is wrong with a simple light switch? I really feel that design paramount in this hotel and not ease of living or joy of life.

The spa was a little disappointing there was a big square pool that was not suitable for swimming, it had week Jacuzzi jets around two sides but no power should jets. The sauna and solarium could only seats to people there was no room to lie down and there was no ice in the sink to use for cooling down.

We visited Armani nightclub below, there did not appear to be a dance floor merely sofas and areas around them and the bar to dance or to be looked at. book a table to sit at one was expected to order at least £500 of drinks, a fact the hotel staff failed to inform of us when we booked the table.

The staff they were marvellous, and the bed was divine but there is something wrong when you just can't wait to get out of your room into the world beyond.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
new delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

The Armani Milano is not a hotel, but an experience that has to savoured. Even if you have to make that trip to Milan especially to stay at The Armani, it is well worth it.

Italy is the most visited country in the world, and somehow Milan gets left behind for most people. I can be sure with the presence of The Armani, it will not be so anymore.

You are whisked to the 7th floor where the lobby is, very unobtrusive, very stylish. No - you do not enter into a hotel lobby like all hotels everywhere in the world. Ceiling to glass windows of breathtaking views of Milan are there for you to cherish.

Different elevators take you to your rooms on lower floors. Fully automated, on a remote control, beige interiors, so stylish and understated luxury that you gasp in wonder.

Each detail is designed by Mr. Armani himself right from the chess board floor in the cafe and the marble wall in the lounge.

The small pebble on a Sicilian beach did not miss Mr. Armani's eye. It is replicated in the soap, the handle of the jar in the bathroom, the amenities bottle handles, the size is just right for a guest who stays 2-3 days.

The spa - not to be missed - the lobby floor to ceiling glass extends upwards to the 8th floor to the spa. They have the largest Jacuzzi in the world, superb masseurs, and state of the art equipment to ensure that the experience is second to none.

The food - the best tiramisu that I have had anywhere in the world. But then, it is Italian. To perfect it, in Italy, Y Not.

The location of the hotel is just perfect - 5 minutes from the train station, 5 minutes from the main street where you have the high end brands as well as the local shopping.

Just do not think twice, and savour the Armani experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel four or five times over the past year. I travel to Milan frequently for work and enjoyed the stay so much the first time I've decided to continue to stay there each time I visit Milan. The staff is extremely conscientious and professional, the beds are very comfortable, the food is excellent and so is the feel of the entire hotel. However, the very best part is the rooftop spa and workout area. It is simply a special area that is reason alone to go to Milan and stay at the hotel.

I highly recommend staying at the hotel on your next visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

If you read my other reviews, you'll realise I stay at a fair few hotels - and I do expect a lot for my hard earned cash. So when I say the Armani Hotel in Milan is superb, believe me, it really is.
It's everything you'd expect from the name Armani: stylish, slick, beautifully tailored, understated. The design is faultless, the staff attend to every detail. We were warmly greeted on arrival, shown to our room, our bags followed. Welcome chocolates, a free (soft drinks) mini bar and snacks left every evening, fresh bottled water left with turn down each night, Armani Privee toiletries replenished daily, soft fluffy towels aplenty, robes and proper slippers, well thought through lighting, plenty of closet space, a very comfortable bed and crisp white bedding...need I go on?
Breakfast is a generous buffet (included in our room rate). We were offered additional dishes to order - eggs, pancakes, etc. all included in the rate. The restaurant, like the rest of the hotel, is stylish but comfortable. The bar is also beautiful. And the spa...some of the best treatments I've had anywhere in the world and a stunning view over the rooftops of Milan as you relax afterwards with an iced tea.
So can I find any faults t all? I've had to really try to find anything to criticise! The bath let the room down - too small and impossible to properly recline in (but the shower was so good I didn't miss the bath really). And there's no pool, which does seem a bit of an oversight, as there's a jacuzzi the size of a pool!
In conclusion, I'd like o give the last thought to the reception / concierge staff. They were so helpful, found us reservations t great restaurants and attractions, and showed such attention to detail. They're the true assets of this hotel. I can't wait to stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Armani Hotel Milano? Share your experiences!