“Nice start” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 432 hotels in Milan
Firenze
“Nice start”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Armani is a new comer in the hotellerie world. The one in Milan opened few months ago with still a lot of things to improve (service for example, breakfast, spa) but the location is good, the decor is charming (not too cold), people welcoming.
I found very tricky the access to the rooms (you have to take an elevator to the lobby at 7th floor and after taking another elevator down to the rooms) that when you are in rush is not the fastest way to leave the hotel.
The SPA is nice, but the pool is in reality a jacuzzi!!!!
Breakfast and food must be improved for sure. Too average, service as well, they asked for a newspaper....never received a copy!! The room sometimes was not perfectly made (They forgot to give extra waters and change towels).
The rooms facing the courtyard can give the impression of a prison as the lack of lights.
I gave 4 stars as They are beginners, but if They want to become a reference They need to improve quickly

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Aaron K, Front Office Manager at Armani Hotel Milano, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for your posting on your recent stay with us in Milano, I read your comments with great interest as this allows us to see how and where we can improve our service on a daily basis.
I do look forward to welcoming you back with us for a faultless stay next time.

241 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
milano
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

It's a nice hotel - luxury . The rooms are well designed, also in the center very close to the main shopping area. Good spot to stay in Milan ! I would suggest this hotel to anyone who have a large budget and likes to feel relaxed

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Aaron K, General Manager at Armani Hotel Milano, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for your wonderful comment on Trip Advisor and I was happy to read that you had a memorable time with us and found it relaxing.

I do hope that on your next travels to Milano I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us for another relaxing time with us.

lugano
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Myself and my wife have visited Milan many times always staying at the Hyatt. The last time we decided to try Armani. I am so glad we booked this hotel. I was slightly concerned, having read some reviews but thankfully our stay was excellent. We brought my parents for their first trip to Italy and their experience of Milan hospitality started when we arrived. Both rooms allocated were very clean and stocked with fab Armani products and a complimentary MiniBar. The beds and pillows were extreemely comfortable. The heating control system was easy to manage and rainfall shower heads and plenty of hot water was just right to get us revived after our journey. There was free wi-fi access in lounge and in each room.
We have no complaints regarding noise and our view (5th floor) was very nice.
I ALWAYS read reviews on trip advisor before I book and if a hotel is not to my satisfaction I am very quick to write a review. I am hard to please regarding customer service and I have no complaints. It is only fair to also give credit where credit is due. Thank you Armani staff for making our trip a wonderful experience. We will be back and I will be recommending my friends to stay also. Thank You.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Happy New Year and thank you for having stayed with us with on your last trip to Milano, I am delighted to read that you and your parents enjoyed your time here with us and found a new "home" in the city with us.

A pleasure to read that you found everything from the in room technology to the comfort of your bed and pillows to your satisfaction, I do look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back with us in hopefully not too distant future.

Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

This time we decided to change our residence in Milan and it was really worth it! It seems as if there is a mystery to solve as you walk along the hotel corridors!The room doors look like part of the wall with no door knobs-just a touch with your key-card opens them.The reception is on the seventh floor where you take another elevator to get to the rooms.The rooms are really something from the future!You can manage everything with a remote control(TV,air con,drapes,lights etc).The room decoration is very modern,stylish and minimal.The views from our room (5th floor) as well as the room service, the staff and the daily free refreshments and sweet bits were excellent.I would definitely go back again!

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Happy New Year! I was delighted to read that your recent posting on TripAdvisor, My team and myself were pleased to read that you truly enjoyed the Hotel and that you had a very memorable time with us and that the staff played an important role in doing so.

I do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back with us on your next trip to Milano.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I can appreciate the convenient location and design aspect of the Armani Hotel but I cannot see myself returning anytime in the near future. Each room comes equipped with "Lifestyle Manager" remote for 'service' however the remote seems quite pointless as despite calling for a porter three times - no response. The concierge/reception area is rather disorganised and as mentioned, there seems to be a shortage of porters in the hotel when I stayed in July.

Overall, I'd say the hotel is fine to stay for a night but the average service doesn't scream 5-star. There are better hotels in the area at the same room rate.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Aaron K, General Manager at Armani Hotel Milano, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Happy New Year and thank you for your recent posting of your stay with us, I am sorry to read that there were some aspects that did not meet with your expectations but would be delighted to welcome you back with us in the future and handle your reservation personally, please do not hesitate to contact me at akaupp@armanihotels.com

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We went to Milan in the summer and it was not the first time because we love the city and we always stay in Italian hotels so we choosed Armani for it's location. We had to go in a left to the reception area the take another left to the rooms from there. The front desk staffs works as everything even as concierge. They are the worse ever they cant recommend good nearby restaurants or mall or times for famous tourist attraction that we founded by our self. Things we can find in 3 stars hotels in all Europe how about 5 star one such as Armani. Milan is a hot city in the summer but the air-condition in this hotel is not that cold as they said it's complicated and they can't modify it. This hotel is only about location its great if you're thinking about this hotel visit Milan in the winter and study the area yourself then go.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Happy New Year and thank you very much for your recent comment on TripAdvisor that I read with great concern. I apologise that you did not have a memorable time with us and would like to hear more details regarding, if you could kindly contact me at akaupp@armanihotels.com.
In the meantime I thank you once again and wish you a very prosperous 2013.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This hotel made me feel as if I was transported to somewhere in the future as the designs of the hotel are very stylistic and elegant. This is my first stay in an Armani Hotel as I did not get a chance to stay in the one in Dubai as it was not open yet when I was there. I was contemplating staying in the Park Hyatt in Milan again but I thought why not stay in another location which was right at the heart of the shopping street this time.

I tried the spa which was very nice. Massage was good. I spent part of my afternoon here after shopping as it had started to snow and I did not feel like walking in the street. The spa was a good escape.

Although the lobby is located at the seventh floor, the lift came very promptly when I arrived at the hotel downstairs and immediately whisked me upstairs to the seventh floor. My room was on the 4th floor so it meant I had to take a lift down to the 4th floor from the lobby which was located on the 7th floor. And if I wanted to go back downstairs it meant I had to change lifts twice which was still ok as the lifts were very fast.

Overall I liked staying at this hotel and it was a different kind of experience and a good one. Everything inside the hotel room was branded with Armani including the coffee and the mineral water. You could see that a lot of small touches were added.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Happy New Year and thank you for your most recent TripAdvisor comment, I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your sojourn with us and the services we offer from the SPA to small touches that made your stay a memorable one.
I look forward to welcoming you back with us in the near future and in the meantime I wish you all the best for a wonderful 2013.
Aaron Kaupp

Been to Armani Hotel Milano? Share your experiences!