“Classy Milan venue” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 433 hotels in Milan
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Classy Milan venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Milan has a reputation for style and fashion, the Armani hotel is certainly one of the most fashionable places to experience it. I popped into the 7th floor cocktail bar this week for pre dinner cocktails this week. We were seated very quickly and imediatly offered a complimary drinks of rose wine. I ordered a Park Avenue which was delivered very promptly accompanied by a constant supply of complementary apperative snacks. I followed this up with two excellent Hendricks and tonics over, the following hour and a half , all acompaning by so many snacks I lost count (and in fact in negated my appetite for a starter later that night at dinner!)

If you want to see Milan at its most funky and fashionable drop in for pre dinner drinks.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Aaron K, General Manager at Armani Hotel Milano, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

it was a pleasure to read your recent review on TripAdvisor of your experience at the Armani Hotel and I was delighted to read that you were pampered while here at the Bar. I do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back with us in the near future.

With my best wishes,

236 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Modern and stunning, staffed by lovely professional people who welcome guests from the heart. A total of four nights in two different rooms, one a suite, the luxury and service is ultra-first-class, amenities endless. The lighting, decor and mood is sublime. Mr. Armani has truly made a statement: friendly and sophisticated luxury where no request is overlooked. We will return, again and again. Food is fabulous. Special note goes to Aaron, General Manager; Natasha, Lifestyle Manager; Massimilliano, Restaurant Captain; Antonio, Server; Fabiano, Bellman/Greeter.....I could go on and on.

Dear Guest,

thank you for your wonderful posting on your recent stay with us in Milano. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed everything from our design to the feel the Hotel gave you and the service you received from our Amabassadors.
I look forward to welcoming you back again with us real soon and in the meantime I wish you a wonderful Christmas time.

Cheshire Uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I am not generally a fan of "designer" hotels especially the likes of The Sanderson or St Martins Lane in London . However I had a fabulous stay at his hotel. The Rooms are spacious and v well appointed. I had a service issue which the hotel put right entirely to my satisfaction can't ask for more. A very relaxed vibe to this property . Make sure you visit the spa which was better than a ryokan in Japan .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Aaron K, General Manager at Armani Hotel Milano, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

many thanks for your wonderful posting on your recent stay with us in Milano, I was very delighted to read that you enjoyed your Hotel throughout even though you are not a fan of Designer Hotels, I am pleased to read that you felt different here and that my team came through even in a rough patch.

Once again it was a pleasure to have you with us and I look forwad o welcoming you back with us.

UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed a couple of nights here, nicely upgraded to a premier room. As expected, Armani's interior decor does not disappoint - the furnishings are stunning - the rooms are individual and stylish - although lacking in light. Roberto Cavalli likened the Armani hotel to a "psychiatric hospital" and it certainly does have this aspect to it too.

Service is slightly uneven - there are some exceptional staff but then some who let the side down. The problems are worsened by layout. You have to take a lift to the main lobby on the 7th floor which does not lead immediately to the reception area. When you first arrive you face a desk which is not a reception desk - what is it? who knows?

The lady who eventually greeted us was obviously quite stressed out. Can I help you please? she asked. In a top class hotel, she would have greeted me by name knowing that I was here to check in. Mr Armani certainly needs to recruit much more staff to improve service. She seemed unable to cope with so many customers arriving at the same time. Rooms were not ready and they had not anticipated how to deal with early check in. Yes, it is a popular hotel but the staff need to be trained properly so they are a) positive at all times b) smiling even under difficult conditions c) always seeking to please the customer. I detected a slight resistance in some staff to fulfil these basic customer service demands. Others did not appear to have a basic grasp of English - a weakness in an international hotel servicing customers from across the globe. Responsiveness to pre-reservation emails was extremely poor - always a sign of shoddy customer service.

My doubts were compounded when we arrived for 'appertivo' at the Armani bar. The furnishings and location are stunning but we felt that something was missing. What was it? Perhaps atmosphere was lacking - things seemed a bit sterile. Service at the bar was extremely slow - we received a menu after about 15 minutes. By contrast, when I visited Bulgari hotel, I just sat down in the lobby and someone immediately came up to me with a menu - very impressive. If the Armani hotel wishes to truly complete with Bulgari hotel, it needs to instil much more discipline and professionalism in staff members. They need to be more efficient and respond to customers immediately. There are too many people walking around looking important and doing nothing to add value to the business. These people should frankly help the other staff or find another job. Having said this, there are some staff who are professional - the door staff, for instance, were faultless and one lady at reception was superb. It is the interaction between reception and the bar area which needs to be improved.

The spa on the top floor is the piece de resistance of this Armani hotel. The facilities are extremely good - an impressive steam room, the loungers and the jacuzzi offer a spectacular location - although this becomes less spa-like during busy times. You have to be aware though that there are very few female therapists here which is unusual and can be off-putting. There is also a general lack of communication and instruction. The operation needs to be much more professional - it is too laid back and chaotic - as are other parts of the hotel.

This returns to Roberto Cavalli's "psychiatric hospital" taunt. There is some truth here. This is a young hotel and there are some mix-ups which really shouldn't happen at a deluxe five star hotel. I would say the facilities are five star plus but the service is three star. Mr Armani must either change some of the staff or re-train them to deliver the perfection that his customers deserve. The idea of the lifestyle manager is laudable, but I didn't even get to meet mine! Rather than have this, why not just stick to the tried and tested 'concierge' - it works in other hotels, why not Armani?

The corridors are dark and the rooms do sometimes resemble padded cells - to get anything to work you must master a clunky remote control. This is another area of improvement. If you wish to blend technological sophistication with cool interior decor, you need to get it right. The remote control is ugly and the television set-up is strangely one-dimensional - not many good quality graphics and all monochrome. It simply does not work well.

So, to sum up, what needs to improve is the staff's professionalism and the technology better matching the beauty of the luxurious interior. The principles are all right in Armani's philosophy, now he needs to really execute them to create the perfect hotel in Milan.

For background, I have stayed at Mandarin Oriental New York, KL, The James, New York, Madinat Jumeirah, Dubai, Ritz Carlton, Hong Kong, Four Seasons, Bora Bora, Villa D'este, Cernobbio, Shangri-La Paris, Four Seasons, Seychelles, St Pancras Renaissance, London.

Dear Guest,

I was most pleased with your recent feedback posted on TripAdvisor especially that you went into details which allows us to see where we can get better on a daily basis and am sure that on your next stay with us all this will be perfect.

So please do contact me directly as I would like to handle your reservation personally you can reach me at akaupp@armanihotels.com

Once again thank you for your comments having allowed us to see where we can get better.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

6 nights in a Premier room and loved every aspect of this hotel. Yes it is pricey but you get a lot for your money. High quality fittings and furnishings, right down to heated bathroom floors for cold feet on an autumn morning. Staff appear to be carefully recruited for attitude and responsiveness. Less than 100 rooms and you never fell like their are crowds of guests. Spotlessly clean. Lovely skin care products. Excellent gym. Only two slight criticisms; room service portion sizes were a little small; and like most European cities, street noise from rubbish collectors in the early mornings (despite double glazing) will wake light sleepers, so if you are very sensitive to noise make sure you ask for a quiet room on check-in. One of the best out of a few hundred hotels I've stayed at.

Dear Guest,

I was delighted in reading your recent post on TripAdvisor and your wonderful comments that you made for the Hotel and team that you call carefully selected, it is indeed them that make a difference and represent us the best way. We will make sure that the portions for room service will increase for your next stay with us.

Sincerely yours and look forward to welcoming you back with us in the not too distant future.

Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

It's totally different from every hotel I've ever been in my life. The reception was in the 7th floor next to the lounge bar and restaurant and my room was in the 4th floor. The style , the colour, the materials, the design are extremely elegant. My room was a suite was spacy with living room , a bedroom and a huge bathroom full of Armani bath-staf. The location is ideal just next to via Montenapoleone and five minutes walk to Galeria. All people work for the hotel are very gentle and willingness to fulfill your desires. Try the restaurant in the 7th floor despite it's expensive is worth to have the experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

it was a pleasure to have you as our Guest on your recent trip to Milano and thank you for your posting on TridAdvisor, I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found the Hotel and the location to be superb.

I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us.

Kind regards,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Having just opened in the last 10 months, my wife and I decided when in Milan to give it the once over.
We arrived by car from Lugano and the doorman opened the door and then the hotel's double doors. On entering the lobby we noticed the fragrance in the air called bois d'incense and the minimalist interiors and were directed to the 7th floor and were greeted by Antonio who gave us a warm welcome and offered us a small tour of the Hotel.
Sheila and Barbara, assisted us in choosing our dinner reservations, which were beautifully served.
The spa also on the top floor is a paradise!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I was very pleased in reading your recent posting on TripAdvisor and the positive comments even more so I was delighted to read that you remembered some of the team by names which means that they truly made you feel at home.

If you ever do plan on coming back to Milano, please do let me know as I would be delighted to assist you with your reservation personally.

With my best wishes,
Aaron Kaupp

Been to Armani Hotel Milano? Share your experiences!