“Very disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #116 of 432 Hotels in Milan
Netherlands
“Very disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

On our way to the cruise terminal my son I decided to make a stop over in Milan.
A couple months before I have called the hotel and I asked for twin beds.
That was no problem.
As we arrived at the hotel the frontdesk employee told us that there was a problem.
No twin beds were available.
So there's one option accept the queen bed or a other hotel.
We accept the other hotel but only when it's also a 4 star hotel.
They offer us grandhotelpuccini and a free taxi drive.
Was it a simular hotel no it wasn't.
It has 4 stars but it was a lot cheaper then Andreola
It was easter weekend so many hotels doesn't have any rooms.
Was I overbooked maybe.
So when a guest call after making his booking make some notes in the reservation system.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Greek first
Europe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great hotel with classy style and pleasant atmosphere, situated in a pretty street in a great location – 2 min from Milano Centrale train station and 3 min from Caiazzo metro station, convenient to go anywhere in the city. Streets around have lots of cheap shops held by Asians, as well as several small supermarket-type shops where you can get a snack or a drink late in the evening. The district is calm and totally safe.
Good service, spacious confy room (we stayed in Superior Double room on the 4th floor), good breakfast (ham-cheese-boiled eggs, fruits, cereals, and endless choice of pastry and cakes) though might be crowded during popular seasons towards 9:30-10am. Overall, very pleasant experience.

Cons: hard bed and pillows (was ok for us, but if you prefer cloud-like soft matress you might find it impossible to sleep), no hair conditioner provided.

Room Tip: In April, the central heating system is still on, so no air conditioning - open the windows to air t...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was just not as advertised. I get so many great deals on Hotels.com I have no reason to doubt what is stated. (I do feel that it is important to state that I have had one other experience that was not good with Hotels.com, however, overall what they say is what you get.) For this hotel: My printed reservation states All rooms with balcony. Did NOT get a balcony. Never got a complimentary newspaper. I never found coffee/tea in the lobby. Air Conditioned - it was hotter than you now what and we had to open windows to alot of noise and city smell. Heat was on, not air conditioning. I don't want a response that it was March - it was late March and it was very hot in the room. You can't figure our that people might be hot. I think the business center was the lone computer that was always in use. The lobby bar was pretty pathetic. Breakfast was just terrible. It was way better at the railroad station. DO NOT RECOMMEND. False advertising and just not 4 star. This looked so lovely on Hotels.com and I selected it over the Crowne Plaza where we had stayed previously. DO NOT MAKE THIS MISTAKE. You will feel at most like you are in a 3 star, certainly not 4.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2015

The hotel is very well located, just a couple of short blocks away from Centrale Station, near the station's taxi stand and the bus to Linate airport. A subway station is near by. There are several restaurants (of varying quality) in the vicinity, and a handy Carrefour Market (groceries) just a couple of blocks away as well.

The staff were very nice, and they let me check in around 1:30. The rooms was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was a bit dated, but who cares? The room was quiet, and I don't think I heard much, if any noise from other guests.

Breakfast is great; hot scrambled eggs and a lot of cold options. There were always a few cakes, so you could even indulge your sweet tooth if you wanted. There were English language newspapers available; a nice touch.

On the last morning, I had to check out at 5:00 AM, and they even prepared a little breakfast to go. Check-out was as smooth as check in.

My only quibble was spotty wifi. My connection would drop a little too frequently. A Skype call had to be abandoned, due to a poor connection. I was never able to get more than one device to connect. Not sure if that was due to a limit. or just heavy demand by other guests. It wasn't the end of the world, but it was inconvenient at times.

I would definitely stay there again. The location is excellent, and the quality of the hotel is good. My room rate was very reasonable, and the hotel seemed like a good deal.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2015

We stayed here for our short two day trip in Milan. We stayed inside the double room with two twin beds. Though the room was small it didn't really bother us except for the fact that the bathroom was hard to get in and out of since the doorway was so narrow. The biggest draw for us was the location of this hotel. It is centrally located next to the Milan Centrale station (less than 5 min walking) which was absolutely perfect since you can catch the metro and the high speed rail there. All of the major attractions were no more than a few metro stations away.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2015

We recently stayed for 2 nights for my birthday in a Junior Suite.
The front desk were helpful enough, but the service was without a smile. The breakfast was lacklustre (and certainly not as photographed) but the staff in the breakfast area were great.
To say we paid in excess of £300 for 2 nights, the room wasn't very clean, the power sockets were coming away from the wall exposing wires and the wallpaper was peeling/chipping in numerous places. However, the bed was comfy.
The bathroom was clean and the shower was nice & powerful but only one bathrobe was provided, and despite asking for an additional one more than once, it never arrived.
Our room looked in to an internal courtyard that was clearly used as a dumping ground as piles of rubbish could be seen.
The corridors were dark/dingy and smelled like sewage.
The location is just down the road from Centrale station which meant getting to sites like the Duomo was simple and straightforward.
Overall I wouldn't recommend this hotel - certainly not if you're paying full price. It is in dire need of a facelift and their customer service could be greatly improved.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for an external view and not one in to the courtyard!
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Andreola Hotel? Share your experiences!