“High standards throughout” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bratislava
“High standards throughout”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I visit MIlan and choose the Enterprise Hotel as often a s I can, it is for me a wonderful combination... Perfectly connected with the City Centre, wondeful Hotel with an excellent service and the best in Italy breakfast - perfect combination and value for money.

Room Tip: As I need a really quiet room, patio rooms are my choice... But all rooms in this hotel are really n...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Milano Marittima, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I tried to be optimistic with this hotel. The location is fine, 10 min drive from Duomo (13 euros with taxi) but there is a tram station in front. free internet and decent buffet in breakfast. The hotel staff really helpful and friendly. However, really noisy. I might have been the unlucky one, but the cleaning ladies were starting at 8 in the morning, chatting loudly and making awfull lot of noise. The same between 15.30 and 18. Avoid rooms opposite the elevator!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Santiago, Chile
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Excelent in all aspects, good location, good relation Price quiality, the breakfast is very good and very variety. ALso the services as internet are excelente all the time.
Sophias restaurant is oustanding, etc.etc.
I would go back to the

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Hotel is nice and makes attempts at looking like a designer hotel but somehow doesn't quite pull it off. Looks a little incomplete like there should be more hanging on the walls or more soft furnishings. Room was comfortable although the family suite was a room in a building out the back and you had to walk through staff access to get to it. All in all though room was neat and comfy and it's an easy walk or tram ride to the centre.

Stayed November 2013
MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We found this hotel because we booked another Planetarium property in Rome (Pulitzer Roma) and my husband was familiar with the area as he had stayed in a nearby UNA property on business once. We were pleased with just about everything. We got a great rate (avg nightly rate @100 Euros) for staying 5 nights and booking directly through the hotel. Included in the rate was a 15 Euros daily credit which we used on the minibar, and breakfast on our last morning in Milan, and free tickets to the Thurs night aperitivo (free drink and a bountiful buffet). Room size was decent by European standards. Room was in very good condition and with all the amenities we could want. Beds were definitely comfortable. We asked for a room on the high floor facing the street. It's very noisy with the windows open (tram runs right next to the hotel) but we were amazed that the noise was totally eliminated as soon as we closed the windows. Staff was friendly and efficient. Hotel was a minute from the #1 tram station that would take us downtown. Takes about 15 mins on the tram to get to the Cadorna station which we used a lot such as to catch the train to Lake Como, to the church where the Last Supper was, or switch to the metro for other parts of the city such as the central train station. Yes, we had to factor in some travel time but it was worth it. A cab ride from Cadorna was about 10 Euros. Once we got the hang of riding the tram and we bought day tickets with unlimited rides on tram and metro and bus for 4.50 Euros, we didn't bother with taxis. We did not take the time for the hotel breakfast buffet until our last morning. It was expensive - 18 Euros pp because we didn't book ahead, but we did it for the experience and enjoyed it as the spread was amazing. We will definitely return to this hotel if we ever return to Milan.
Another tip is not so much about the hotel but about a little Turkish kebab eatery (Blu-Istanbul) around the corner across from the tram station. The hotel staff (Marco, nice guy) recommended it when we checked in and asked where we could get a quick lunch. At first, we decided against it because we did not think we wanted to eat anything but Italian in Italy. We ended up going to Cookbook for our lunch and didn't give this kebab place another thought. We tried this kebab place one night because it was past midnight after a 4 hr opera at the la Scala, and it was the only place that's still open. We ordered a kebab complete pizza (with shaved meat and green salad fixings and chili sauce) and we were blew away by the taste, and made a conscious decision to return on our last night in Milan for dinner. It was nothing fancy but it's an absolutely delicious meal with a bottle of wine (not house wine but waiter's choice from among a bunch of bottles on the top of a cabinet, and it turned out to be pretty good for only 5 Euros), a huge lamb kebab plate with salad and rice with barley, and fries and a hot loaf of turkish bread, and of course another kebab complete pizza. And incredibly, everything, wine included, cost altogether only 20 Euros. Tripadvisor does not have this restaurant on its list yet which is why I am writing about it here. If you're staying at Enterprise or in the vicinity, it's definitely worthwhile to stop there for a cheap but yummy meal. Service was great too. The servers were all very friendly. Not all speak English but everybody tried hard to please. We sat outside under a plastic contraption that's prevalent in Italian eateries. We still talk about the food we so enjoyed there and wish we can find something similar here at home.
Another tip is buy your tram tickets in advance. It's not fun to try and find a tobacco shop or news stand that sell them in certain areas unless you're near a metro station where you can buy from a machine.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Milan, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I have now stayed in the hotel for a week and I am very disappointed.

First the good points -
- the waitresses at breakfast are amazing. Always very pleased to see you, Lots of smiles and obviously love their jobs.The breakfast is also very good.
- The reception staff are equally good

However the rest of my stay has been pretty bad!
- I have eaten in Sophies restaurant a couple of times in the evening. I arrived around 9pm, quite early for Milan. The waiters made me feel totally unwelcome and started to lay the tables all around me for breakfast! This was while I was ordering my food! I felt under pressure to leave from the minute I sat down. What is this about??
- On both my meals, the knife was taken away. Have you ever tried to eat a lobster with only a fork?
- The food is just about OK, but there are lots of other restaurants in the area with much better service and value
- I waited 30 minutes in the bar to get served. A couple of tables were left with empty plates and glasses. Not too why, but I persevered! The same guy from the bar was serving in the Sophies, and was either poorly trained or hated his job (or both).
- My room is very, very small and I am being charged 300 Euros a night! I plan to move hotels as soon as I can!!
The bed is not conducive to a good nights sleep.

I CANNOT WAIT TO LEAVE!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay in 109, right opposite the elevator.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Oxfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on a city break to Milan. We found the hotel to be an attractive and chic establishment, with rooms well equipped and comfortable. There was very little noise at night or early in the morning and staff were very helpful and had good English. the only slight downside is that it takes about 30 mins to reach the Duomo by tram (not the most comfortable or quickest form of transport) though a ticket was only 1.50. A small price to pay for a lovely stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Enterprise Hotel? Share your experiences!