“To sleep, this hotel is Ok” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel Portello - Gruppo Mini Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via G.Silva, 12, 20149 Milan, Italy   |
Ranked #161 of 427 Hotels in Milan
Caracas, Venezuela
“To sleep, this hotel is Ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2007

One night I spend in this hotel, To sleep is OK!...

The personnel has a kind deal with the client and, in my case, they helped me in clarifying some doubts about the city.

In another theme, this hotel is far from the Duomo but the subway is to few blocks.

• Liked — The bathroom
  • Disliked — The hotel ubication
  • Stayed May 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Petaluma, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2007

I reserved a double room in this hotel solely for its proximity to the San Siro (it's about a 20 minute walk) a full 2 months before the Italy-France game. Upon arrival at hotel, we were told that they had over-booked and would put us in their partner hotel, which was about 20 minutes away by taxi (thereby defeating the purpose of booking a hotel near to the stadium). I asked to speak to the manager and the manager kindly declined to speak to me - I found this totally unaccepatable, as I knew that they had triple rooms available (the guy behind the desk told me so) and would not give this to us since there was only 2 of us. Since when does a manager decline to speak to a guest? His solution was that he would be at the hotel at 5pm and we could speak to him then (it was 2pm, so we would have to wait 3 hours).

Non-existent customer service

• Liked — Proximity to San Siro
  • Disliked — No customer service - did not honour 2 month old reservation when I know they had rooms available
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Maidenhead, Berkshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2006

I stayed in this hotel on 3 occasions last year, it having been pre-booked by the company I regularly work for in Milano. My first stay was dreadful - noisy and uncomfortable. My second visit wasn't much better - the hotel seems to attract budget travellers whose idea of a good time is to mill about just outside your room until 2am talking loudly about the Duomo. My third visit was the worst - I was given a single room at the back of the hotel that absolutely stank of old ashtrays, boasted the narrowest single bed I have ever seen, had no heating or aircon and featured a window that could neither be properly closed not properly opened. The real problem about this hotel is that you can't really escape it, unless you have a good taxi budget - it is situated in the sort of area you really don't want to be walking around in after dark! I subsequently requested never to be booked in there again.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't
  • Stayed May 2005, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2006

As far as quality goes, this hotel is well up to par. Rooms are kept very clean and the bathrooms were the best I'd seen throughout my entire two-week excursion around Italy! The location is a bit far from the main city, but the Metro stop is just a few blocks down. When it comes to being family-friendly the staff is very cordial, however, there seems to be a prostitution ring occuring just outside the hotel doors-- not exactly what I would call the Disneyland Hotel!

• Stayed July 2006
Thornton, Lancs
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2006

4 of us (lads) were going to the Inter Milan vs Ajax match and wanted accommodation in the vicinity of the San Siro, our first choice was fully booked and we tried Mini Portello as second choice. Rooms were clean enough with decent on suite vacilities. Breakfast on a buffet service was very satisfying with good service from the coffee waiter - fresh every time.

We arrived late on first night and the concierge gave us directions to a brilliant pizza restuarant just round the block - best meal we had. The area around is not up to much but we were made very welcome in the Bar Silva just across the road, good beers and plentiful nibbles. Getting to the match was no problem about a 25 minute walk straight up the road.

The standard of this hotel is a bit better than a Travelodge and ideal for a lads break but I would not go back taking our partners. Very good for our trip to the footy though.

• Stayed March 2006

Been to Hotel Portello - Gruppo Mini Hotel? Share your experiences!